Author Topic: OFFICIAL MARIO AWARDS XII CEREMONY  (Read 3681 times)

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
OFFICIAL MARIO AWARDS XII CEREMONY
« on: August 17, 2018, 02:23:45 PM »
Mario Awards XII
August 17, 2018, 06:10:00 PM / 6:10PM EDT - Mario Awards XII Opening Script - Anton
August 17, 2018, 06:15:00 PM / 6:15PM EDT - M1 - Best Sound Design - Meta Knight
August 17, 2018, 06:20:00 PM / 6:20PM EDT - M3 - Favorite Mario Platformer - NEXandGBX
August 17, 2018, 06:25:00 PM / 6:25PM EDT - M24 - Favorite Costume - Anton
August 17, 2018, 06:30:00 PM / 6:30PM EDT - M12 - Favorite Supporting Character - Gabumon
August 17, 2018, 06:35:00 PM / 6:35PM EDT - M2 - Favorite Mario Kart Game - BBQ Turtle
August 17, 2018, 06:40:00 PM / 6:40PM EDT - M25 - Favorite 2D Mario Level - Meta Knight
August 17, 2018, 06:45:00 PM / 6:45PM EDT - M13 - Favorite Level Theme - Meta Knight
August 17, 2018, 06:50:00 PM / 6:50PM EDT - M15 - Hardest Boss - Turboo
August 17, 2018, 06:55:00 PM / 6:55PM EDT - M21 - Favorite Puzzle Game - Chibiki Daisy
August 17, 2018, 07:00:00 PM / 7:00PM EDT - M18 - Favorite Mario Party Game - Gabumon
August 17, 2018, 07:05:00 PM / 7:05PM EDT - M8 - Favorite Art Style - Chibiki Daisy
August 17, 2018, 07:10:00 PM / 7:10PM EDT - M20 - Favorite Sports Game - Meta Knight & MsRetroGeek
August 17, 2018, 07:15:00 PM / 7:15PM EDT - M4 - Favorite Mario Kart Course - Yoshiwaker
August 17, 2018, 07:20:00 PM / 7:20PM EDT - M6 - Favorite Wario Level - DragonFreak
August 17, 2018, 07:25:00 PM / 7:25PM EDT - M29 - Favorite Classic Game (GCN/GBA and older) - DragonFreak
Intermission
August 17, 2018, 07:35:00 PM / 7:35PM EDT - M5 - Favorite DK Level - Epic Nitwit
August 17, 2018, 07:40:00 PM / 7:40PM EDT - M9 - Favorite Add-on Content - Gabumon
August 17, 2018, 07:45:00 PM / 7:45PM EDT - M16 - Favorite Item - Chibiki Daisy
August 17, 2018, 07:50:00 PM / 7:50PM EDT - M17 - Favorite Mario RPG - Fawfulthegreat64
August 17, 2018, 07:55:00 PM / 7:55PM EDT - M19 - Favorite Actor - MrConcreteDonkey
August 17, 2018, 08:00:00 PM / 8:00PM EDT - M27 - Favorite Boss Battle - GBAToad & Lord Bowser
August 17, 2018, 08:05:00 PM / 8:05PM EDT - M22 - Favorite Battle Course - rollerC
August 17, 2018, 08:10:00 PM / 8:10PM EDT - M7 - Favorite Yoshi Level - Snack
August 17, 2018, 08:15:00 PM / 8:15PM EDT - M10 - Favorite Song - GBAToad
August 17, 2018, 08:20:00 PM / 8:20PM EDT - M26 - Favorite 3D Mario Level - The Pyro Guy
August 17, 2018, 08:25:00 PM / 8:25PM EDT - M23 - Favorite Capture - Hooded Pitohui
August 17, 2018, 08:30:00 PM / 8:30PM EDT - M28 - Favorite Game Setting - Hooded Pitohui & ManKoops
August 17, 2018, 08:35:00 PM / 8:35PM EDT - M14 - Favorite Species - Gamefreak75
August 17, 2018, 08:40:00 PM / 8:40PM EDT - M11 - Favorite Major Character - Superchao
August 17, 2018, 08:45:00 PM / 8:45PM EDT - M30 - Favorite Modern Game (Wii/DS and newer) - The Pyro Guy
August 17, 2018, 08:50:00 PM / 8:50PM EDT - Mario Awards XII Closing Script - Anton
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 10:57:13 PM by Anton »

Chihaya Kisaragi

• King Bowser
  • Snack
  • Bluebird; Even If Happiness Is Close By...
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL MARIO AWARDS XII CEREMONY
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 02:31:13 PM »
another christmas in the trenches -kevin mcallister, 1992

Lakituthequick

• with lowercase T and Q
  • Awards Committee
  • Celestial Guide
  • Rest in Peace, Walkazo 😢
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 02:42:51 PM »

Hailing Taquitos

• Hailing taquitos, it's hailing taquitos! Guacamole, sour cream!
  • Star Spirit
  • Fawfulthegreat64
  • Is it a nightmare or is it a dream!
    • View Profile
    • Mario RPG Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 05:57:24 PM »
Excuse me while I examine that gif frame by frame

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 06:10:07 PM »

Welcome to the Official Mario Awards XII Ceremony!

Tonight is the night we celebrate our community, now officially a teenager!  13 years (plus a few days) ago the Super Mario Wiki was made, and a year later the Mario Awards followed suit.  All of this hard work put into presentations revealed tonight is all in honor of the wiki itself, the community that keeps it clean, vibrant, and fun, and the Mario games that brought us all here in the first place.

Along with each presenter, I would like to especially thank our back-up presenters Edo, The Pyro Guy, Meta Knight, and DragonFreak, who between them all ended up doing a solid 20 presentations--a third of the total!  Without them and their tireless work none of this would’ve been possible, along with everyone else who chipped in.  What keeps me going with this is seeing each year so many people come up with new and unique ways to share the poll results and express their creativity.

I would also like to thank 2257 for providing technical expertise and advice, especially with helping tally.  Additionally, Lakituthequick, who is the latest addition to our core Awards crew, was a significant help with all kinds of spell-checking, fact-checking, math-checking, syntax-checking.  The work both of these fellas put in is indispensable and helps make everything run as smooth as it does, which in turn makes it significantly less stressful!

And finally on my ‘thank you’ list are, well, everyone else!  The Awards Committee, tournament hosts, tournament players, viewers slamming the Like button, and anyone else who has volunteered their time, advice, efforts, words, literally anything that has gone into these events.  Each year this speech remains pretty much the same, and I can’t be more thankful for that, as it means everything is running great!

Keep an eye out for next year, because I’ve already got some changes planned to help keep this swell tradition of ours funky fresh as we hurdle through time and space.  It makes me proud how close-knit everyone in this community is, providing a welcoming environment for all kinds of newer and younger users, helping them feel at home, into our oddball internet loose family to pop into chat to say hi, write some sections in The ‘Shroom, share art and stories on the forum, watch movies together, play games well into the night, and just spend time together with people who share your interests and find comfortable.

Now, we’re halfway through the sum total of presentations, which start back up in just a few minutes, so hurry up and refill your drink, grab some more snacks, run to the bathroom, fluff your pillows, and settle in for some neato comics, stories, drawings, and more!

Meta Knight is up next with M1 - Best Sound Design!

Kazooie

• Red-crested Breegull
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • "That's nice."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 06:13:35 PM »
How many cards are you hiding beneath that funky image?

How do I uncover them?

Aaaaaah?

"To do just the opposite is also a form of imitation."
 --G. C. Lichtenberg

Meta Knight

• Scourge of Darkness
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • Victory is my destiny
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 06:15:02 PM »
M1 - Best Sound Design
Hey all! It's no surprise that the Mario series, as well as plenty of spin-offs, have had a slew of amazing soundtracks over the years. So many iconic themes, charming atmospheres, melodic tunes, and each game manages to carry its own style. From the big band jazz of Super Mario 3D World, to the relaxed harmonies of Yoshi's Island, there's no doubt that a lot of care goes into the sound design.

Taking inspiration from DragonFreak's presentation last year with this award, I have prepared a quiz on Sporcle for you, with an accompanying medley video that you can listen to without playing the game if you want. Even if some of the nominees are the same as last year, each song is unique in my quiz from the ones showcased last year.

There are two different quiz types here for you, each with a slightly different medley. Type A features the top 10 nominees in this award, with 3 songs from each, and the game for which is not revealed in the video. You'll have to guess which game the tunes are found in the quiz! Type B features 5 songs from the top 5 nominees, and you'll have to guess the song title featured. The nominees are revealed in Type B.

Pick whichever one you'd like, my intent in having two different styles is to include players with varying experience in the Mario series. I'll include the medleys separate from the quizzes as well in case anyone wants to listen to them by themselves. Please enjoy!

results table design (c) pidgey 2015, probably

NEXandGBX is up next with M3 - Favorite Mario Platformer!

NEXandGBX

• Honoka’s #1 Fan
  • Power Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 06:20:02 PM »
[Continued from F3]

*blop*

Huh, somehow I managed to bounce off of the football. I should have questioned it a little more, but the point is I miraculously made it all the way to the bridge after avoiding some more projectiles...only to find out that Bowser was in another castle (according to a stray Goomba, anyway). It was pretty upsetting and I made my leave. I figured I'd grab fast food instead of the cake I was expecting...but it's still pretty disappointing.

I needed to take a load off. It's still just barely summer so I figured, why not take a vacation? Everyone else does this sort of stuff all the time, but I'm often just minding my own business. Maybe I'm missing out?

I'd booked two vacations for separate weeks. First, I decided to head off to Dinosaur Land, since I heard it was a nice picnic spot. There were plenty of friendly Yoshis to show me the ropes, including a flight experience thanks to the Cape Feather. Kinda made me dizzy though, so I'll just stick to walking. The names of the various parts of the island made me hungry, but luckily there was all kinds of berries to snack on. I had a fun time, but admittedly not the R&R I really needed.

Spoiler: 5th (click to show/hide)

Immediately after, my next travel spot was Isle Delfino. The summer sun and sandy beaches aren't something I experience as much back home, so it was a new experience for me. The sporting activities there will take your breath away. No, really. You immediately die after losing one. Happened to me a few times on the trip. Not fun. The residents are super friendly and there's no way I'm getting blackmailed by the government to not talk about them negatively. Nope, not one bit. Ahahahaha.

Spoiler: 5th & Knuckles (click to show/hide)

My Delfino vacation was short-lived, however. I eventually fell down into a Pachinko machine and couldn't escape my fate. But I found the result a little odd; I wasn't dead, but I was instead falling through the skies at breakneck speed! This time it wasn't for hours, but it really should have been. I noticed myself plummeting towards an object's gravity and braced for impact...

WELCOME TO THE GALAXY

I had to recollect myself for a second to make sure I was okay, but I seem to have landed on an entirely different planet! There was a pretty small pond around some platforms, which looked rather soothing. Didn't take long to find my way through and found a star. If I'm not mistaken, these are called Power Stars. I got a brilliant idea: collect all sorts of Power Stars, and have them take me to the ultimate vacation destination! But first, I wondered how I'd get something to power with them in the first place. Upon touching them, however, I found out. I landed on a ship shaped exactly like my head! My head doesn't look the most interesting...but it'll do. I set off on a Power Star adventure filled to the brim with a variety of locales like a snowy wonderland, a cookie maze in space, a relaxing underwater cove, basically everywhere!

Spoiler: 4th (click to show/hide)

On my quest, I found a Galaxy I found oddly familiar. It took me a second, but it hit me that this is Whomp's Fortress! I went here the last time I collected Power Stars. My reasoning? The cannon in the castle courtyard was clogged and it doesn't open up without 120 of them. That was some experience, but I had a pretty fun time. From the plains of Bob-omb Battlefield, the eerie setpieces of Big Boo's Haunt, and a host of other locales, I got to experience the secret worlds within the castle.

Spoiler: 3rd (click to show/hide)

But of course, I couldn't stay there forever. There's Power Stars to collect! I nabbed my Power Stars from that galaxy and continued my quest. With the rate I was collecting Power Stars, I was sure I'd reach a high number in no time. However, I bumped into another starship along the way! All of my Stars went flying, but thanks to the ship's captain, Rosalina, I retrieved them all from the void of space before they spread too far. She offered to help me find some more Stars as an apology, and so my space odyssey continued.

Spoiler: 2nd (click to show/hide)

I noticed that the ship was starting to overflow, so I figured it was time to let loose and use the Power Star energy to send me to where I needed to go. The amount of Power Stars I'd collected caused me to go at an insane speed, but this was how many I needed to get there from where I was according to Lubba. I held on as tight as I could, but I don't have fingers so I slipped off the ship and started falling!

That fall hurt really bad, so I was laying on the floor for a while. When I looked up, I saw one of the locals of the area talking to me. I'd assume he was asking if I was okay (based on the text bubble, I mean, how else would I know?), though to me it sounded like "I just want to die". I was curious where I was and if this was the right place at all. My answer was right on the road I landed on: "New Donk City", according to the text on it. From what I'd read about my destination, it wasn't anything like this, so I guess I was completely on route I just slipped off. I bet Lubba's enjoying it without me. Ass.

However, as I spend time there wondering how to get out, I started to grow more attatched to the place. There was all sorts of fun things to do like watching movies, running from dinosaurs, jumping on a crowd, and other shenanigans. However, I'd truly had my mind set once I saw the New Donk City Festival. Everything about the atmosphere was just right, and from that point I'd decided that this is perfectly fine.

Despite that, though, I still needed to get home. I tend to get hired as a handy man for when the others are busy, after all, so I'm pretty essential to the castle's staff. Hey, is that...Mario? Hello! I guess this is where he's been spending his time, huh? Wait, wh-

Spoiler: 1st (click to show/hide)

Anton is up next with M24 - Favorite Costume!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 06:20:25 PM by Anton »

Rest in peace, Walkazo.

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2018, 06:25:04 PM »
M24 - Favorite Super Mario Odyssey Costume

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gabumon is up next with M12 - Favorite Supporting Character!

Azusa Miura

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Turboo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2018, 06:29:05 PM »
bowser is so cute

Kazooie

• Red-crested Breegull
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • "That's nice."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2018, 06:30:11 PM »
M12 - Favorite Supporting Character
By Mr. Edo

Chapter 1: High Road

Luigi: He-... uhm. Hello? Princess? Princess Peach? A word with you, your highne--

Daisy: What?

Luigi: Oh, my apologies milady. I had you confused with… Nevermind, I’ll be on my way.

Daisy: Nonononono, hold on a second there, buster! Did you just think I was Peach?

Luigi: It was an honest mistake, milady.

Daisy: I beg to differ! Putting your gloves on backwards is an honest mistake! Confusing two entirely different people borders on senility!

Luigi: I uh… I wasn’t aware this would offend you so. Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?

Daisy: I just want to know how!

Luigi: How?

Daisy: How did you confuse me with Princess Peach? We’re like, completely different!

Luigi: At the risk of offending you again, milady… You don’t seem that different to me.

Daisy: What!?!

Luigi: You are both dressed alike, you both choose to accessorize in the same manner, you sport similar hairstyles, you even seem to be around each other most of the time.

Daisy: There are some key distinctive features that separate us, I have you know! For example, this brooch I’m wearing has a flower petal design!

Luigi: I would call that a minute difference.

Daisy: Well, you can also distinguish me by my decidedly tomboyish angle!

Luigi: Tomboyish angle?

Daisy: You know, how I’m wearing fancy dresses, lots of makeup, associating myself with pretty flowers, all that tomboy stuff....

.... … …

...oh my god, it’s true, isn’t it?? I’m not really my own person…

Luigi: My apologies, I did not mean to depress you. I’m sure you have a lot of unique traits hidden beneath. T-they just didn’t have a chance to surface yet.

Daisy: Yeah… YEAH! I AM DAISY! I will figure out my own path eventually! And you will be my witness!

Luigi: Huh, uhm… I am actually somewhat busy, so--

Daisy: Nowaynoway! You stay close and don’t run off! I’ve got my eye on you!

Luigi: Ulp!

Support Level Up!

Chapter 8: Tides of Waa!

Cappy: We meet again, green knight!

Luigi: Well met, Hatty.

Cappy: Cappy, but close enough I guess.

You’re not with your balloons today, I see.

Luigi: That, uhh… They paid me good money to do that. My brother is a big spender and it brings us into financial jeopardy fairly often. Not that he ever has to deal with it since he’s never home anyway…

Cappy: You know, I think you’re right about the spending part. When I was on the road with him, he could barely keep his wallet from spilling. In fact, there was one time I turned him INTO a wallet, and even then he was spitting change everywhere.

Luigi: That is quite an ability you have, taking over the minds of your enemies. Why aren’t you doing it here?

Cappy: Most of the folks we’re up against are wearing hats, or helmets, or hoods. It’s really… kind of freaking me out, actually.

Luigi: Why is that?

Cappy: Like, I’m a hat that’s alive, and everyone around me is wearing hats that aren’t. Try to look at it from my perspective.

Luigi: Yikes!

Cappy: Yikes indeed.

Luigi: I would take off my hat now as an act of courtesy, but whenever I do, I take double damage, so I’m afraid I can’t.

Cappy: It’s cool. I’ve seen so many horrific things on my journey with Mario, I’m pretty jaded by now. I guess in retrospect it makes sense not many of my people venture out of our home.

It’s ok though! Now I have this inanimate cloth! I’m sure there’s a species of anthropomorphic textile articles somewhere out there that are mighty upset by that!

Luigi: Doesn’t that just perpetuate the issue?

Cappy: Eh, lashing out is therapeutic.

Support Level Up!

Chapter 15: Fearsome Koopa King!

Luigi: Is everything all right over here?

Waluigi: Wheehehehe!

Luigi: Oh god it’s you again. I’m just going to leave.

Waluigi: Waaaait, Greenie, don’t go so quickly! Aren’t we friends?

Luigi: If we are, then you have a warped definition of “friends”.

Waluigi: I don’t know what you’re talking about! Haven’t we had a lot of good fun together?

Luigi: The first time we spoke, you glued my pants to my saddle!

Waluigi: Hehehe, yeah! Laughters all over camp!

Luigi: And then two days later you put squirrel hair into my toothpaste!

Waluigi: Healthy! Helps clean the space between your teeth!

Luigi: And then the VERY SAME NIGHT you put a beehive under my blanket!

Waluigi: A classic!

Luigi: And then just when I ran out of my tent, screaming because of all the bees, I tripped over an anthill you put in front of the door!

Waluigi: Comedic escalation!

Luigi: ...right into a ditch you dug and filled with leeches!

Waluigi: And a stunning conclusion! The complete ensemble of entertainment!

Luigi: And that is really just the tip of the iceberg! I really have to be constantly on guard when I’m around you!

Waluigi: See? It toughens you up! I’m being very helpful!

Luigi: Yes, indeed! Your strange and annoying presence has been so taxing on my mind… I have finally reached the peak! Absolute mental fortitude!

Waluigi: Oh?

Luigi: Yes! I will never fall for one of your pranks again!

Waluigi: Hooray! To celebrate, why don’t you pull my finger?

Luigi: Ha! It’s a fake hand and if I pull it, it will shoot snakes at me! I am wise to your tricks now!  Pull your own finger, cad!

Waluigi: It took so long to set this up…

Luigi: No more!

Waluigi: But Luigi… but...  this was our thing…

Luigi: Huh?

Waluigi: This was what we did together… It… It can’t be over, can it? I don’t… what will I do now…?

Luigi: Wow... This is really affecting you, huh? I didn’t foresee this.

Waluigi: I don’t… I just don’t know how to connect with people...

Luigi: If you really want us to connect, maybe we could just… be friends?

Waluigi: ...yeah, I would like that. Man, you’re so profound, Luigi!

Luigi: You think so?

Waluigi: You’re so smart and wise! I believe that’s why I was so strongly drawn to you from the beginning!

Luigi: Uh… what?

Waluigi: There is a special bond between you and I, Luigi! I was too distracted by childish antics before, but now I see it clearly!

Luigi: Uhm…

Waluigi: I… I love you, Luigi! It is the will of fate that we be together forever and ever and ever!

Waluigi: Let’s marry and then make out~

Luigi: M… Mhhh…. MmmmmMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

Waluigi: WAAAHAHAHEHAHEHA!!!

Thought you can elude Waluigi? Think again, you green loser!

Support Level Up…?

BBQ Turtle is up next with M2 - Favorite Mario Kart Game!

--G. C. Lichtenberg

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
  • give it up for loud noises
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2018, 06:31:43 PM »
>you went from C to B to S

YOU'VE UPSET THE NATURAL ORDER

(i love this)

Mintiously

• Gabriel
  • Dry Bowser
  • GabbyHayes
  • >> Not afraid anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2018, 06:31:53 PM »
claps
Howdy.

BBQ Turtle

• Princess L of the Shy Guys
  • Wiki Patroller
  • Luma
  • Crazy sponsors lady.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2018, 06:35:00 PM »

Meta Knight is up next with M25 - Favorite 2D Mario Level!

Kazooie

• Red-crested Breegull
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • "That's nice."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2018, 06:35:37 PM »
Spoiler: DLC (click to show/hide)

--G. C. Lichtenberg

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
  • give it up for loud noises
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2018, 06:36:39 PM »
i look handsome

i look smart

i'm a walking work of art

(nice presentation! definitely worth signing up for)

Raregold

• The #1 Sell-Out
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Chain Chomp
  • Fancy Toads Wear Fancy Clothes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2018, 06:39:34 PM »
Great art BBQTurtle!

Baby Luigi

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 – Тарелка бл🧀🧀🧀 сырная!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2018, 06:40:07 PM »
Hey, BBQ Turtle, my character isn't easy to draw but you did a great job with the design!
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Meta Knight

• Scourge of Darkness
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • Victory is my destiny
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2018, 06:40:16 PM »
M25 - Favorite 2D Mario Level
I'm gonna keep this introduction brief because the video is the main highlight here, but with so many Mario games, there's obviously a plethora of Mario levels within the 2D games. From being iconic, fun, aesthetically appealing, levels are important in Mario, as well as all games. What good is a platformer if the levels aren't fun to play? Some levels are so memorable, you could even picture them while having the sense of sight taken away! That's what I did for the top nominee in the video below. Please enjoy!

Spoiler: Video (click to show/hide)

Meta Knight is up next with M13 - Favorite Level Theme!

BEEEEEAAARRRS

• 658 pieces
  • Power Star
  • Toadbert101
  • how about a rousing game of pool
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2018, 06:40:37 PM »
thanks BBQ, I've never looked more presentable or wholesome in my life