Author Topic: OFFICIAL FAIL AWARDS X CEREMONY  (Read 2066 times)

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
  • give it up for loud noises
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL FAIL AWARDS X CEREMONY
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2018, 05:07:29 PM »
not what i expected, but what i deserved

Baby Luigi

• Nick, you need to find a woman who hates herself, she'll love you.
  • Awards Committee
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 – Патриотическая
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2018, 05:09:25 PM »
F13. Worst Mario Party Minigame
"Who knew [Mario Party] was such fun to play board games and minigames with friends?" - Mario Party: The Top 100
Spoiler: 3rd Place (click to show/hide)

"The biggest showcase of brains, talent, and stamina of our time" - Nintendo Power
Spoiler: 2nd Place (click to show/hide)

"Partying is tough business!" - Mario Party: Star Rush
Spoiler: 1st Place (click to show/hide)

results table design (c) pidgey 2015, probably

Epic Nitwit is up next with F6 - Worst Spin-off!
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Isabelle

• Best girl. And dog. And definitely NOT deserving of the mostly *bleep* fanart she gets.
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • The adorable, fluffy, 100% hug material Isabelle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2018, 05:11:03 PM »
At last I get to see how hated on Flip The Chimp is. That minigame can rot in hell where it shall be sent.

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2018, 05:11:20 PM »
I headcanon that dry bones hanging out with hammer bro as being 22

Azusa Miura

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Turboo
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2018, 05:15:01 PM »
Posting on behalf of Epic Nitwit.

Hello, everyone, and welcome to the presentation for F6: Worst Spin-off. For countless centuries, mankind has constantly asked an important question: "What is the worst spin-off in Mario history?"
Now the votes have been cast, and the answers are in. Below we have the top three worst Mario spin-offs, and we'll be looking at what exactly is it that made them earn this dubious honour. So without further ado, here are your worst Mario spin-offs:

Spoiler: 3rd Place (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2nd Place (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 1st Place (click to show/hide)

Roserade is up next with F10 - Worst Game Mechanic!

Camwoodstock

• ~the lost soul of tong-nou~
  • Blooper
  • the lamest fartwad you'll ever darn meet
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2018, 05:15:27 PM »
i'm late but
@F14 - literally the best presentation so far this year
~Camwoodstock - the poor sod you'll summon if you bought the dried shroom AFTER the dusty hammer
pfq | button | more to come

Roserade

• President of the Literature Club
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • King Bowser
  • "Write your way into his heart..."
    • View Profile
    • Rose Garden Forums
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2018, 05:20:03 PM »
From the desk of leading scientist, Dr. Besstgurl M.O. Nika…

It has come to my attention now that there appear to be related incidents out in the field involving several of the MFAs. At one point, we assumed that the MFAs we were capturing and holding were unconnected, individual anomalies, but it seems we were mistaken. For your consideration, I have organized together three documents, each seemingly connected in some form or another. I hope that your analysis across these three MFAs will prove to show some sort of identifiable connection amongst them. Otherwise, I will continue to investigate further into these matters. As expected, each of the documents is labeled by their Classification.

**These are intended for higher personnel eyes only. If you are not a member of personnel, do not open these documents.**

Spoiler: Safe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dangerous (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Threatening (click to show/hide)

I hope these documents help us to better understand these anomalies, and, therefore, the greater world around us.

-Dr. M.O. Nika

The Pyro Guy is up next with F3 - Worst 3D Level!

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2018, 05:21:24 PM »
>a scp style presentation

YOOOOOO

now let's keep everything else locked up

Mario Party X

• Party Cannon scheduled to make the soundtrack for the next game.
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2018, 05:22:02 PM »
Christ, what did that game do to people

Isabelle

• Best girl. And dog. And definitely NOT deserving of the mostly *bleep* fanart she gets.
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • The adorable, fluffy, 100% hug material Isabelle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2018, 05:24:04 PM »
Tfw both the dimensional flip AND its time limit are on the list.

Camwoodstock

• ~the lost soul of tong-nou~
  • Blooper
  • the lamest fartwad you'll ever darn meet
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2018, 05:24:29 PM »
Christ, what did that game do to people
...Exist.
~Camwoodstock - the poor sod you'll summon if you bought the dried shroom AFTER the dusty hammer
pfq | button | more to come

Noisemaster

• It's ya boy ERNEST CLINE comin' up on you DEAD from READY PLAYER ONE!
  • Global Moderator
  • Celestial Guide
  • MrConcreteDonkey
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2018, 05:25:00 PM »
everything has been great so far but f14 is an utter wonder to behold and i really hope killing game comment simulators continue being a thing

also seconding perch's enthusiasm at an scp-styled presentation, gr8 job :yoshi:

The Pyro Guy

• Poll Committee Chairperson
  • Poll Committee
  • King Bowser
  • "no"
    • View Profile
    • watch my terrible videos
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2018, 05:25:14 PM »
“I know I said I would find it, and I know how much you hate personally executing people, but I don’t have anything for F3. Sorry.”
“Sorry doesn’t cut it this time. What the hell happened? I saw the thing just five hours ago!”
“Well, it all begins five hours ago…”
“I know. I said that. Just tell me where the script is.”

Five hours ago…

The script in question, for F3- Worst 3D level, was just about to be submitted. Three weeks of writing, drawing and a pinch of obligatory 3D work, lay in my hands. Unfortunately, just as I passed the presentation to our glorious director, an extremely strong breeze immediately kicked up and swooped the work into unreal heights. Specifically, into orbit and then quickly onto the moon. One look at Anton told me that I would either have the presentation back within a few hours or he would happily present my eviscerated body as a backup presentation. C16- Outstanding Irresponsibility Award.

So, off to the Moon I travelled, hitchhiking on the local rocket. The presentation had fluttered gently onto a large column protruding from a deep and dark ridge. I groaned, joined by the millions of perished souls who gave their life here; a group of violent and vaguely Italian rabbits had laid claim to this land and sparred with those who entered. I was certain that this was the Dark Side, home to the Rabbit Ridge.

After the gruelling battle royale, accompanied by an abstract art gallery, I approached my precious presentation. The rabbits, however, had one final trick. They dropped a *bleep*ty wooden box onto the platform and blew it up into a visual cacophony of fireworks. This explosion shifted the presentation off the ridge, and redirected it to some other corner of space, where it now settled on the chequered block of platforms known as Champion’s Road. Dash Panels, Beat Blocks, and even the purple ant guys stood in my way to reach my script. But, none of that was enough to stop me, solely motivated by my desire to not be publicly mutilated by some Magikoopa.

Reaching the Goal Pole with no sort of relative ease, I grabbed the pages, stole a rocket, and began my return trip to whatever planet the Awards are canonically hosted in. But, as luck would have it, my talents at flying rockets on my own were not as developed as I would have liked, and the machine almost immediately spiralled out of control, ejecting me and the presentation into the unforgiving atmosphere. The rocket crashed into a nearby river while the script scattered into its eight pages and positioned along the current. I had no choice but to hop on a lily pad and ride the river to retrieve my ticket to life. Two problems immediately arose; firstly, the pad was rapidly dissolving in the river. Secondly, the river did not contain water and was actually a Toxic Waterfall floating in the sky. Yikes.

The pages floated along and had descended down the waterfall before I could even grab the first one. Thankfully, their fall was interrupted by some clouds. The remains of the lily pad were gathered into a glider of sorts and I managed to safely land on a suspended platform. I was definitely Over The Rainbows, so I had to be careful to avoid falling. Using my glider, a cannon, and copious amounts of stuck landings, I slowly began to assemble my lost pages.

In good time, the last paper was in my hands! With my masterpiece ready to be sent straight to downtown Awards, a sigh of relief was let loose from my mouth. That relief was obliterated when one final ‘however’ presented itself to me. It was not Lady Luck or even Lady Unluck- Lady Logic stood before me. “I’m a rational woman, TPG. Can’t you see that clouds are not solid objects, and that it should be physically impossible to stand on these platforms?” I was falling down before she finished her wise sentence. And of course, I dropped the pages from my hands in shock as we began one final fall.

Drat. One last trip it was. Even though I had the fortune of landing safely with the glider, the pages were frantically approaching solid ground near the city, perhaps going into the depths of Waluigi Pinball. That dang strong breeze wasn’t having it, regrettably, and forced the pages across the street into a whole other type of pinball machine. Bursting through the doors I looked upon this contraption with dread- the pages were trapped inside the Pachinko Game.

It was too late. Not even myself, a pro gamer, could navigate this hellish box to piece together my presentation. I tried to jump in, once, but the spring cast me off into the abyss like a breeze relocating some important papers. The presentation was gone, and with it was my pride, my efforts, and most importantly, my life.

In the current time of day...

“…I’m sorry, Anton. Really. You can kill me when you wish.”
“It’s okay. Just say ALL of that again, but without the sniffling. Crowds don’t like crying.”

MrConcreteDonkey is up next with F12 - Worst Game Objective!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 05:27:06 PM by Anton »

Noisemaster

• It's ya boy ERNEST CLINE comin' up on you DEAD from READY PLAYER ONE!
  • Global Moderator
  • Celestial Guide
  • MrConcreteDonkey
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2018, 05:30:07 PM »
F12: Worst Game Objective

Spoiler: Comic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sprite Credits (click to show/hide)

DragonFreak is up next with F5 - Worst Level Concept!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 05:29:28 PM by Noisemaster »

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2018, 05:32:15 PM »
this is basically how i act, yes

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2018, 05:34:58 PM »
I'm just going to go around shouting "Anton!" now.

Doof

• I believe the morning sun, always gonna shine again
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • DragonFreak
  • Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2018, 05:35:44 PM »
Hello there!  I hope you enjoy my fun little rant about the worst level concepts in Mario!!

Yoshiwaker is up next with F9 - Worst Direction of Series!

Mayan Ryan

• jav told me this was a good idea
  • Star Spirit
  • Yoshiwaker
  • why did i listen to jav
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2018, 05:40:00 PM »
Hey everybody, I'm here to - what? "Who's this guy?" "Why's he doing a presentation?"

Well, uhhhh, I'm Mayan Ryan, known around here as Yoshiwaker. Yeah yeah, I've been gone for a while, whatever. As to why I'm doing a presentation, here's a decent explanation:

Spoiler: dumb memes (click to show/hide)

With that out of the way, it's time for us to get to our next category in the Fail Awards: Worst Direction of Series!

Now, what could really be more disappointing than playing a great game, loving it and being excited for a sequel to come out in a few years, and finally getting that shiny new sequel, only for it to be... garbage? Who asked for this? Did anybody ask for this? It's like we asked Papa Nintendo for a new car and got a slap in the face and a tricycle! Or like our parents promised us a bright future and just gave us the housing crash! It's like when...

...oh, what's that? I'm rambling? Okay fine, I guess I'll give you guys what you came here for... here we go!

Coming in third place, with a total of 141 votes, is:
Spoiler: Third Place (click to show/hide)

Now our second place winner, I'll warn you, I personally have a bone to pick with this one... you better put on your seatbelts on cause we're about to go on quite the trip!

Coming in second place, with a total of 373 votes, is:
Spoiler: Second Place (click to show/hide)
Well, there you go. There's my biggest disappointment in the Marioverse, at least. Now while I haven't had too much experience with this next one, I can sure understand where the frustration is coming from.

In first place, with a whole 571 votes, the Worst Direction of Series is...
Spoiler: First Place (click to show/hide)

Well, that does it, folks! I hope you enjoyed my presentation, but if you didn't, that's okay! I choose to live positively by ignoring any negative comments and criticism, so either way I'm happy! Have a great day!

And next up is... Uniju, with his presentation of Worst Enemy! Make sure to give him a warm welcome!

Uniju is up next with F7 - Worst Enemy!

Azusa Miura

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Turboo
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2018, 05:43:34 PM »
Thanks Ryan

Anton

• Froppy