Author Topic: OFFICIAL COMMUNITY AWARDS XI CEREMONY  (Read 1738 times)

Roserade

• President of the Literature Club
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • King Bowser
  • "Write your way into his heart..."
    • View Profile
    • Rose Garden Forums
Re: OFFICIAL COMMUNITY AWARDS XI CEREMONY
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2018, 04:07:38 PM »
mfw I now have to actually make Super Shroom Bros. to top Edo

Raregold

• The #1 Sell-Out
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Lakitu
  • Fancy Toads Wear Fancy Clothes
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2018, 04:08:35 PM »
I smell Best Presentation of 2018 from Edo.

Amy Rose

• "Have no fear, Amy Rose is here!"
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Blooper
  • MsRetroGeek
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2018, 04:10:33 PM »
C14- 'Shroom Person of the Year 2017-2018

Narrator: Here our tale begins with a simple invitation to the candidates for the 2017-2018 award. Will there be an adventure? Mystery? Perhaps Horror? Let's take a look into this tale and see what will happen. Now without further ado.

Geeky: It was so sweet of you guys to come to help me prepare!
FunkyK38: No problem! I just wanted to help you out and give my artistic flair on this building.
MrConcreteDonkey: I’m honestly just in it for the food.
Geeky: *Giggles softly* Well there will be plenty of there for you both. So please help yourselves.
FunkyK38: Sounds great! Have you been here before, Geeky?
Geeky: Well I visited this area once when I was trying to find a place to host my event at.
MrConcreteDonkey: Once? Did you thoroughly explore the area?
Geeky: Well… Dragonfreak told me about this area and said that this could be a cool area for me to set up at and I checked it out the other day and thought why not this looks safe enough.

Transition into the next room...

Geeky: Oh yeah here’s a possible area we could set up at.
MrConcreteDonkey: Umm…. This kinda looks like a school?
FunkyK38: Yeah why are we setting up a… Ooo that notebook looks cool.
Funky reaches reaches out to grab the notebook.
Geeky: What notebook…? *Hears something from the hallway* Wait. This reminds me of… Funky please don’t get one wrong!

Audible slaps of a ruler are heard from the Hallway as the slaps get closer, then Baldi enters the room.
FunkyK38: Umm…. Oops?
MrConcreteDonkey: *Gets into a battle stance* I'm not going out without getting my scone that I was promised!
Baldi: Oh looks like you all will be punished for your friends error…
FunkyK38: Well we can always.... O-oh f* he's blocking the door!
Geeky: There's so much I haven't done... Please spare us Mr. Baladi!!!
Baldi gets closer to them with the ruler as he takes out Funky first with the ruler.
MCD tries to spit out fireballs towards Baldi but it doesn't seem like much damage has come to him
Geeky: Please get here soon Meta...
Baldi gets closer towards them as Geeky screams in fright while MCD continues to fight his way until the screen fades to black.

Five Hours Later....

GBAToad: Hey guys have you seen MCD or Funky? It's been hours since I've seen them.
Superchao: I heard Funky and MCD went to go help out Geeky with preparing this little party for us.
They open the door up to the building and walk straight in staying in the lobby to talk for a bit.
LudwigVon: What the heck happened here? Everything looks so weirdly corrupted.
2257: I'm not really sure. I just have a really bad feeling about this.
Edo: Yeah.... I don't like the looks of what's going on here.
Yoshi876: Hey Guys. What's that over there?
Yoshi876 gestures towards Geeky's hammer laying near them. Meta moves towards the hammer, picking it up.
Meta: *Holds the hammer in his hands, gripping it tightly fairly worried* This is Geeky's hammer.... but she'd go nowhere without it.
Lord Bowser: Wouldn't that mean they could possibly be here?
Anton: That could be. We should try and split up and try and search for clues to what happened here.
Tucayo: Sounds like a good plan, Anton. The odds of us escaping here should be good.
Meta: *Pockets Geeky's hammer away for safekeeping* All right, let's get moving guys.
The group of guys split up within the corrupted building to try and look for any signs of their friends.

First Stage: Ink'd

LB enters what appears to be the art room. There's open canvases everywhere, a scattered amount of seats everywhere, and an oven in the corner of the room. When he steps even further into the room, he notices bright pink and green paint splashes everywhere.
Lord Bowser: Why is there ink everywhere?
LB steps in a pool of pink ink, wondering what's going on as he tries to find the answer to what was going on. As he looks at the tables, he can see paint brushes, buckets, and an assortment of paint brushes.
Lord Bowser: Paintbrushes? Okay, this is getting quite weird...
LB hears weird language that doesn't sound English coming from somewhere, as he turns to try and spot down what that was he get shots in the eyes with pink paint first.
Lord Bowser: AAHHH!!!! MY EYES!!!!!
He tries to walk forward he suddenly trips on something solid, and then feels his body get hit by more waves of paint hitting his body as he crashes down.
Lord Bowser: RRRR!!! COME OUT AND SHOW YOURSELF SO I CAN...
He manages to slightly clear his eyes before he sees a shade of green, screaming out.
Baldi comes in with a ruler, and then the screen cuts to black.

Second Stage: Billy Goat's Rough

Tucayo: Hey Guys, did you hear that?
2257: Yeah I think that was LB.
LudwigVon: Yeah that sounded like him... I wonder what happened to him.
2257: Well let's go check on him! We need to make sure he's okay.
When they rounded a corner a white blur came barreling into 22 automatically attacking him, headbutting him away. He ended up flying directly into a wall right across from the hallway they were standing in. LudwigVon made sure not to make any movements. However, the goat jumped up and stomped on him three times, ending the Koopaling's life. Snarling at Tucayo, he glared at him, daring him to make any more moves.
Tucayo: O-okay so that just leaves me as one more target for him. If I were to run away now, I could have a chance at escaping.  G-good goat. N-N-nice goat. I'm just going to run away and... AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Helllpppp killer goat on the loose! 
Just as he made a move to run away the goat automatically came after him bashing him roughly up against a wall.
Baldi came in automatically taking care of the trio, then going onto pet the goat as it started to calm down as the scene faded to black.

Third Stage: The Horror

Anton entered the cafeteria and seemed to look for any clues around here?
Anton: Funky! MCD! Geeky! Are you guys in here??
He continues to try and call out for them as he continued to check around the room for clues. What he didn't expect was a TV suddenly powering on when he got close to it.
News: This is just in! Due to how suddenly unpopular Chex Mix Chocolate Peanut Butter has turned, Chex Mix has completely discontinued the flavor. There will no longer be any supplies of these snacks found in any stores around here. So I suppose it's good-bye Chex Mix Chocolate Peanut Butter and hello Lays!
Anton's eyes widen at this news and then suddenly fell straight onto his back as he clutched his heart.
Anton: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When he suddenly shut his eyes his hand stopped clutching at his heart, and he lay still as Baldi walked in. You know what that means...

Fourth Stage: ALL SUCKED UP

GBA, Perch, and Yoshi876 had been doing some exploring together. They thought they would make a better trek together. To which they had. They had gotten a blue notebook from one of the rooms they had passed. However, they had gotten no luck in finding anything that could point to clues to where their friends could have been. They were about to continue through the East Hallway when they heard something.
GBAToad: Is that a vacuum cleaner?
Yoshi876: A vacuum cleaner? But they aren't as big as that.
Superchao: Yeah you're right, but we should still be careful.
Just as they were about to pass by slowly they heard a sudden loud, "SWEEP, SWEEP, SWEEP" coming from behind them. They were suddenly pushed by a broom directly towards the loud sucking noise. When the broom had stopped pushing them, they were directly in front of the rather large vacuum.
Yoshi876: Hold onto me!
Yoshi876 screams as he tries to grip onto the floor before they were sucked in.
Just as GBA and Perch both tried to hang onto Yoshi876, the sucking became stronger. GBA couldn't hang on as he immediately flew straight into the vacuum breaking his GBA screen head as he automatically got sucked in.

Superchao: GBA NO!!!!
Yoshi876 continued to try and hang on using every one of his muscles to hang on. Suddenly he saw someone dressed in a green sweater stoop down towards him. He felt the slap of a ruler on his fingers. Yelping in pain, he couldn't hang on as both Perch and himself took off into the vacuum.

Fifth Stage: Hot n Cold

This had left the final four to search for the missing host and candidates. Edo had led the way as he let his cape drag behind him. Meta, LTQ, and TPG had followed from behind. When Edo paused, the others had done so as well.
Edo: Something.. doesn't seem right.
Lakituthequick: What do you mean..? We're just going through the entrance of a hallway what else could happen-
As if he spoke too soon Edo had accidentally stepped forward and had activated some security system that blew out a fire. The next thing he knew he was on fire, and within seconds he turned to ash.
The Pyro Guy: Oh my god!
Before he could step away he had accidentally stepped onto another trap, as he stepped on it. Ice blew out and had frozen both him and LTQ as they stood there as completely frozen statues.
Meta stood there in shock over what had happened to the three. Making sure to be careful to not step on anything he tiptoed out and into another hallway.

Sixth Stage: Confusion

Meta: What just... I don't know what happened. Why are they dead? Are the others dead? What if I can't find them and what if they're all dead and-
Just as he was about to continue, he saw a pink figure figure in a torn red dress.
Geeky: Meta...
Hearing that whisper, he quickly ran to that room where he saw a beaten and battered Geeky.
Meta: Hun!
He rushed forward and collected her into his arms making sure to be careful with her.
Geeky: *Coughs out softly* You did it... I knew you would survive.
Meta: Survive what? What's going on?
Geeky: You survived this game... you won.. I'm so so proud of you.
Coughs out once more as she feels her eyes about to shut
Meta:  No... this can't be real. This can't be some death game. I won't let it be real... I'm not losing anyone.
Geeky: I'm sorry... I couldn't warn you guys about this place but... you need to escape. Escape for us. Live for us...
With that she gingerly gripped onto his hand before she felt her grip loosen.
Meta: Hun! Don't leave me! You promised not to! Y-you promised me you w-wouldn't...
He felt himself tearing up as he clutched her tightly, before a sudden rage took over.
The scenery of the building broke around him as everything faded to black.

Last Stage: Wake Up

Just as he suddenly lifted his head from his desk, Geeky enters the room.
Geeky: Sweetie! I've been looking all over for you! You completely missed my party!
Meta: Hun I'm sorry... I guess I kind of just passed out at my desk.
Geeky: You need a better sleeping schedule, but I have news!
Meta: News?
Geeky: Yup! You won the Person of the Year Award for 2017-2018! Congratulations! You totally deserve it after pulling so many all nighters.
Taking out two things from her red tote bag, she placed a blue flower headband on his head along with the medal around his neck.
The other candidates had come into Meta's office applauding him for a job well done.

results table design (c) pidgey 2015, probably

The Pyro Guy is up next with C15 -Outstanding Community Achievement Award!

Raregold

• The #1 Sell-Out
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Lakitu
  • Fancy Toads Wear Fancy Clothes
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2018, 04:12:57 PM »
All well-deserved winners, congrats to all!

Meta Knight

• Scourge of Darkness
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • Victory is my destiny
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2018, 04:15:19 PM »
Posting on behalf of The Pyro Guy.

Mario Awards Theatre

Congratulations, Anton!

results table design (c) pidgey 2015, probably

Meta Knight is up next with the Community Awards XI Closing Script!

Meta Knight

• Scourge of Darkness
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • Victory is my destiny
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2018, 04:20:15 PM »
That about wraps things up for this year's Community Awards Ceremony! Congratulations to all the winners! Once again, thanks to everyone that was a nominee, you deserve to be recognized. I appreciate all the hard work that everyone brings to the table. Additionally, a big thank you to everyone for working so hard on their presentations, they were a joy to witness. Please stay tuned for the other ceremonies, and be sure to read all of those presentations as well. Thank all of you for the energy you input to make this community flourish!

Turboo is up next with the Fail Awards X Opening Script!

Azusa Miura

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Turboo
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2018, 04:21:03 PM »
Congrats to all of the winners and a huge thank-you to everyone who presented!! Everything has been super unique so far, even compared to past years

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
  • give it up for loud noises
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2018, 04:23:06 PM »
this has been one of the best community awards presentation sets yet

if fail and mario are as good we're in for a wild *bleep*in' ride

TheFlameChomp

• Wiki Administrator
  • Spiny
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2018, 04:23:45 PM »
Nice work everyone, there are some wonderful presentations. Congrats to all of the winners!

Lord Fawful DX

• Star Spirit
  • Fawfulthegreat64
    • View Profile
    • Mario RPG Universe
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2018, 04:24:22 PM »
Congrats to all winners! Loved the presentations :D

Baby Luigi

• Nick, you need to find a woman who hates herself, she'll love you.
  • Awards Committee
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 – Патриотическая
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2018, 04:25:24 PM »
Nice effort on the all of the presentations. Impressive. Wonder if this was the best one?
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Amy Rose

• "Have no fear, Amy Rose is here!"
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Blooper
  • MsRetroGeek
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2018, 04:29:51 PM »
This was honestly pretty fun for my first Shroom' Awards. You did a great job hosting Meta. Thank you for the hardwork and all the originality. Congratulations towards those who were nominated and the winners! Now I'm going to go binge Edo's game (which was really impressively made) and review all of the presentations. Once again, nice job guys!

Super Mario Bros.

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Shine Sprite
  • Oh boy! Haha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2018, 04:36:36 PM »
Honestly, this has to be one of the best Community Awards that I've seen so far; the quality and uniqueness of each presentation is astounding. Congratulations to all of the presenters and, of course, to those who received awards!  :yoshi:

BEEEEEAAARRRS

• 658 pieces
  • Power Star
  • Toadbert101
  • how about a rousing game of pool
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2018, 05:23:03 PM »
WHAT UP

I SLEPT THROUGH EVERYTHING

thanks for voting me in c8 because now I have an 80's cop show deal

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2018, 05:30:26 PM »

The Pyro Guy

• Poll Committee Chairperson
  • Poll Committee
  • King Bowser
  • "no"
    • View Profile
    • watch my terrible videos
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2018, 06:06:44 PM »
#
Game
Number of votes
Percentage of votes
1Mr. Edo1316.67%
1The Pyro Guy1316.67%

but what is actually so cool is reading all of these fantastic presentations!! loved all of 'em, congratulations to all the winners and great job to all the presenters