Author Topic: OFFICIAL COMMUNITY AWARDS XI CEREMONY  (Read 2736 times)

Rin Tohsaka

• Head of the Tohsaka Family
  • Retired Wiki Staff
  • Power Star
  • Super-Yoshi
  • #1 Magecrafter
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL COMMUNITY AWARDS XI CEREMONY
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2018, 03:35:01 PM »
Spoiler: Part 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Part 2 (click to show/hide)

results table design (c) pidgey 2015, probably

MsRetroGeek is up next with C9 - Favorite Veteran Writer!

Lakituthequick

• with lowercase T and Q
  • Awards Committee
  • Celestial Guide
  • Rest in Peace, Walkazo 😢
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2018, 03:36:01 PM »
Wow I won in 360° degrees thanks all!

Hibiki Tachibana

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Power Star
  • Superchao
  • Gekisou Gungnir
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2018, 03:38:34 PM »
you dug too deep, tfp

i tried to tell you, tfp

they killed picoodle for a REASON, tfp

WHY DIDN'T YOU LISTEN, TFP

Amy Rose

• "Have no fear, Amy Rose is here!"
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Blooper
  • MsRetroGeek
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2018, 03:40:06 PM »
C9 - Favorite Veteran 'Shroom Writer

Narrator: Coming this Friday, what happens when an emergency comes to the 'Shroom HQ. It all started with one meeting.
A meeting between 10 CEO's happens inside the primary 'Shroom meeting room
Meta Knight: Alright everyone so we are here to discuss what exactly we want to do with these artifacts. Perch can you please bring out the three sacred objects that are important to this organization.
Perch: Yup. Feast your eyes gentlemen.
Perch sets down a silver case at the front of the long table. Then opens it up to reveal the three hidden artifacts
Alex95: Sir why did you bring out the…
Suddenly a smoke bomb goes off in the room and after a few minutes, Geeky comes in opening the door
Geeky: Sir I brought the docu-!
A sudden scream erupts from her as she feels something grasp her shoulder
??: Come with me if you want to live
Geeky: But… who are- TPG?
TPG: Let’s get moving. We have a lot of work to catch up with.
Geeky: O-Okay By the way, will they be okay?
TPG: Yeah just give them 5 minutes, it should ware off.

Narrator: When an old team will unite together, will they be able to trust one another.
Anton: Do you think we can do this again?
Yoshi876: I don’t see why not. We’ve been through this whole game before.
Anton: You’re right. Let’s do this.
Yoshi876: Mutters to self out loud It’s still a good thing that you didn’t catch me stealing your enchilada
Anton: Wait that was you….?? I thought it was Shoey who took it!
Yoshi876: Huh…? Nah I think it was Shoey who stole it
Anton glares at Yoshi876 as he smirks

Narrator: They will have to go through life-risking tasks to go ahead and try to break into their nemesis’ lair and stole back the three precious items that the HQ obtained.
The four of them come down from sky diving rather roughly. TPG ends up belly flopping onto the ground. Anton falls down on his butt. Geeky and Yoshi876 come crashing down together having their parachutes tied together. All of them groan out in pain, but quickly recover.
Geeky: Alright guys this should be the place
TPG: Should we be walking out in the open like this? Was the sky diving all that necessary.
Geeky: I'm just glad we had to do it once. Compared to having to do it a 100 times like Tom Cruise.
Yoshi876: Yeah… and should I even be wearing this much clothing? I want to feel the wind against my muscles
Anton: Y876 keep your clothes on. TPG we should be safe. Geeky how much further do we need to walk until we-
They all accidentally set off an alarm towards the entrance of the lair.
Yoshi876: Okay… yeah, I see the problem. We’re screwed now
TPG: Let's start running before we get screwed over even more!
They all took off running in different directions
Geeky: Why are we putting our trust in these three

Narrator: One man who stands out from the rest is going to have to lead his team to victory. Will he be able to do this alone or will he need his team to be there for him?
TPG: Alright Anton, so you’re going to want to try and drop yourself right in front of the monitor, be sure not to make too much noise
Anton tries to go in front of the monitor but then suddenly face plants the floor.
TPG: Hey that's way too much, Y876! Anton are you okay? I wasn't expecting you to fall like that.
Anton: Yeah fine my face broke my fall
Yoshi876: Sorry Anton my hand slipped! Anyways good luck trying to get the password for the computer
Anton: It's okay. Thanks. I doubt it won't be that difficult to unlock a computer.
Computer: Please enter the password
Anton: 1111
Computer: Access Denied
Anton: Okay… 1112
Anton: 1113
Anton: 1114
Anton: Why are these the only codes I know???

Narrator: Will they be up for the job? Will they rescue the 'Shroom HQ in time? Will Anton finally see who stole his enchilada? Come to watch it this Friday to see what happens.

The Pyro Guy is up next with C6 - Favorite ‘Shroom Team!

Lakituthequick

• with lowercase T and Q
  • Awards Committee
  • Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2018, 03:43:44 PM »
Congratulations to everyone who won a thing so far! Also congrats to the presenters for producing quality presentations!

Meta Knight

• Scourge of Darkness
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • Victory is my destiny
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2018, 03:45:16 PM »
Posting on behalf of The Pyro Guy.

...I'm bad at this. Alright, Plan B. I'll just have to actually make Pipe Plaza win, rather than making a comic about it.

It's time to get my heist on.

briiing briiing

What is it?

Gonna need a favour. Everyone still wants to keep their job, right? Anyway, meet me at my office ASAP.

6 hours later

I said ASAP.

And I said good night.

I only called at like, 12AM! You're just being unreasonable.

Well, whatever. Listen to this plan. The 'Shroom, right? It's got six teams, as you know. Each one represents a fundamental aspect of reality. And each team has a stone at the core of their heart.

We've got the Facts Stone. It controls all the information and news, ever. It's pretty helpful, actually- but I think we could do with some more. So, on a personal, legal request of mine, I'm inviting you to a hunt for the other five stones. It'll be fun!

I'm not buying it. You want to control reality with the stones?

No, no, not reality. I just want to sway some public opinions in a certain direction.

Still not buying it.

Okay, fine. We're stealing *bleep* from everyone else for personal gain.

I don't believe this.

This is blatant theft!

We could all get fired!

Now, hold on. This works out well for all of us, right? I'll make sure you guys get a cut of the reality controlling thing as well.

At least the numbers work out. Six of us, six teams. Convenient.

THANK you, LTQ. Besides, we'll give them back on Saturday.. So it's borrowing, not theft! Now, chop-chop. I'll tell you which order to get them in, because I guess some of them would objectively benefit us more!

Buried under a mountain of paint cans... The Art Stone.

Capable of creation, beauty... art.

Every stone is important. Even the Art Stone! A bit of creative influence is sure to help us all.

This is the last time I'm doing favors for you. Sure, this Strategy Stone gives us an advantage...

But do you realise how large the dungeon containing it is?

Bah, I'm sure if you read the helpful tips and tricks beforehand you would've had an easier time. See, Strategy Wing is full of these super neat guides whi- *click*

Of course, the Fun Stone.

Locked in a safe, where each number of the combination was revealed through challenging puzzles.

Well, you had fun, right? I'm sure voters like to have fun, so be sure to take all of that Fun Energy from Fun Stuff. I can't wait to rebrand ourselves as Pipe Fun.

Mine's in this room, I swear.

When did I last use it?

TPG, I know you said that this one was important...

But the Fake Stone doesn't seem like it's worth much. It's a lump of plastic.

The Fake Stone is a fake stone? Hilarious. That sort of comedy is like, the second most important thing we should have. Bring it over.

TPG? You said this one was the top priority.

The Critic Stone. This bad boy gives everyone their own opinion, and the platform to voice it as well!

You found the Critic Stone? Great! This one's absolutely the best. For us. So, stea- borrow it and bring it over.

We did it, boys. The votes are ours. Thanks, you lot.

Hey, I noticed something pretty weird on my way back.

Oh, same. You mean a destructive kind of weird, right?

I thought I was the only one who noticed the rooms sort of rumbling after we took their stone!

I think we should give them back.

Could we please just keep hold of them for a few more days? I'm sure that as long as no one makes any sudden big movements, the building should be fi-

THAT'S IT TPG YOU BROKE THE SHROOM

EVERYONE GET OUT BEFORE IT COLLAPSES

The next day...

Man, I've gotta hand it to you guys.

If you hadn't put those stones back we could have ruined the 'Shroom, ruined the Community Awards and invalidated the Favourite 'Shroom Team Award!

We've all learnt a valuable lesson here- each team has a unique appeal, and we shouldn't try and take that from them!

Also, by determining the priority of each stone we revealed the results of C6 anyway.

AND we learnt that Critic Corner beat Fake News. Wow!

You owe me much more than a favor this time, TPG. I had to do that entire dungeon *again* while it was falling apart!

Hey, I had a hard time as well!

You're going to have a lot harder of a time explaining all of this to MK.

Ah. Well, um... yeah. I'll deal with that.

Everyone sent in their sections?

Lakituthequick is up next with C4 - Favorite 2017 Awards Presentation!

Forde

• Chill cavalier who just likes paintings, sleeping and apparently speaks to himself a lot. That's definitely not Koops.
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • Look at Seth! He's soloing the game again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2018, 03:47:20 PM »
2fast4me, these awards sure kicked in quickly.

GoTtA kEeP uP.

Anyway, congrats to my fellow 'Shroom writers and other members of the community.

6th place on the favorite new 'Shroom writer ain't bad tho

Hibiki Tachibana

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Power Star
  • Superchao
  • Gekisou Gungnir
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2018, 03:47:30 PM »
>pipe plaza got bronze

In my arrogance I shall chalk that up to my own efforts

You're Welcome

Kazooie

• Red-crested Breegull
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • "That's nice."
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2018, 03:48:30 PM »
And so the titan is finally toppled this year.

Congratulations to Critic Corner for winning. Fake News is like a precious baby to me, but Anton and his team have really put in the effort and this is a well-deserved victory.

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2018, 03:49:54 PM »
I like how I got sent back to Fake News :P

Good comic, Pipe Plaza will take first one day!

Lakituthequick

• with lowercase T and Q
  • Awards Committee
  • Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2018, 03:50:00 PM »

Doorbell*ding*
*dong*

AntonWell, LTQ, I made it-
despite your directions.

LakituthequickAh, Awards director Anton. Welcome.
I hope you're prepared for an unforgettable presentation.

AntonEh.

3rd: M30. Favorite Modern Game (GCN/GBA and newer) - Toadbert101 & Super-Yoshi

3rd: C6. Favorite 'Shroom Team - Hypnotoad

Lakituthequick with his crazy explanations
Our director Anton's gonna need his medication
When he hears LTQ's lame exaggerations
There'll be trouble on stage tonight

2nd: M2. Favorite Mario Kart Game - Magikrazy

AntonYou know, this presentation is quite similar
to some we had at the Awards last year.

LakituthequickOhohohoho, no, patented Lakituthequick Presentation™,
old family tradition.

AntonFor.. a Quick Special?

LakituthequickYes.

AntonYes, and so you call it a Quick Special despite the
fact that it is obviously marked with "Magikrazy, 2017".

LakituthequickYe-
You know, the-
One thing I should-

LakituthequickExcuse me for
one second.

AntonOf course.

1st: M8. Favorite Art Style - Lakituthequick

LTQ's motherLTQ!
The house is on fire!

LakituthequickNo, Mother, it's just
the northern lights.

AntonWell, LTQ, you are an odd fellow, but I must say:
you Quick a good Special.

LTQ's motherHelp!
Help!

Spoiler: Credits (click to show/hide)

MsRetroGeek is up next with C7 - Favorite ‘Shroom Core Staff!

Hibiki Tachibana

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Power Star
  • Superchao
  • Gekisou Gungnir
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2018, 03:52:09 PM »
Of all the people I would have expected to see a Steamed Hams presentation from, LTQ was not one of them.

Great stuff.

Raregold

• The #1 Sell-Out
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Dry Bones
  • Fancy Toads Wear Fancy Clothes
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2018, 03:52:32 PM »
Delightfully devilish LTQ!

GalacticPetey

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2018, 03:54:15 PM »
Just got here and have only seen LTQ's so far. Love it.

Magikrazy

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2018, 03:54:53 PM »
beautiful
🦀🦀MAGIK IS GONE🦀🦀

Amy Rose

• "Have no fear, Amy Rose is here!"
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Blooper
  • MsRetroGeek
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2018, 03:55:10 PM »
C7- Favorite 'Shroom Core Staff

I’m going to be 100% honest with you guys. I literally did not know how to write this. I kept thinking about this speech at work. Switching parts of my speech around and just attempting to have everything fit. In other words, it was a jumbled-up mess in my head. Now I have a feeling I know what you might say. “Geeky just have fun with your speech”. So you know what, that’s exactly what I’m going to do.

Hi Everyone! Welcome to my presentation on the 2017-2018 favorite staff member. I want to first off congratulate and applaud everyone for a great year. Without everyone being here to contribute we wouldn’t still be here to celebrate the ‘Shroom. Kudos to everyone for doing a marvelous job of that! One word that I would like to point out is teamwork. We wouldn’t be here if we didn’t band together as a collection of people to produce entertaining articles. All it took was one person to step up to create this idea with a team to back that person up so that we could come together to create the 'Shroom. That’s why we should be grateful towards the staff members for taking the time to do so. With other responsibilities such as school, work, family, and other obligations. We have a limited time to go ahead and utilize our creativity. Just 24 hours a day to create something worthwhile that everyone will remember. To be honest we would basically be screwed without the work that they do to piece together the articles that get released monthly. Cheers to all your fantastic people who have been here for decades long. Thank you for staying with us for a long time. The new people like myself wouldn’t know how to run the ‘Shroom without your guidance. We also wouldn’t have qualified candidates to run the 'Shroom due to lack of experience. You guys are the reason why we made it to 136 sections, about to be 137. Through hard work and tenacity, any project can go further and stretch its wings and soar. However, we need people for this position. Now here’s how I think of it we need the head of the team the director the person who is going to take command and tell everyone we need to cooperate the get this done. The artist the person who goes ahead and creates the illusions that reflect upon what the project is. Finally, the analyst the person who creates data that can be modeled into results for what was good and what was bad.

A person that I had met way back in the day that I thought I had met was The Pyro Guy. I believe I met TPG when I first became active in Lord Bowser’s server on discord. I thought that he was a pretty decent guy. It wouldn’t be until later where I would communicate with him more and notice him. I was in the ‘Shroom Killing game with him and I noticed that he always did such an excellent job with investigations. I’ve often seen that he was the one to often lead investigations in the Tower. He would try and think about any clues that we had to work with. He’s also definitely reliable in regards towards staying active there. He would always just try and stay active within this game regardless of how many hours he stayed on here. He also took the mantle of being Pipe Plaza director right after Yoshi876 had retired the position. I have no doubt he’s doing a fantastic job being director. I believe that he’s doing an excellent job because he’s been doing an excellent job of being the Chairman for the Poll Committee. I was excited that I was accepted by both TPG and Roserade, however, I felt afraid that I would be lost. When I first entered the thread for Poll Committee. I was greeted with a thread that told me what exactly to expect here and what I can do to help. This information was easily taken and transformed into information that essentially anyone could understand and follow. He’s also been there continuously correcting our polls on what we could do better with them. TPG has been such a great leader for me to follow and I honestly can’t wait to continue to work with him.

When I had first been introduced to a few of my boyfriend’s friends from the boards and the wiki Edo was one of the first people that I had met. He was very nice to me and I was happy to watch a few videos that ripped on bad movies. I could automatically tell that he was going to be a fun individual. My thoughts were definitely confirmed when he came in for 'Shroom KG hosted by the awesome GBA and Meta Knight. He did such a great job writing as Luigi and doing thorough investigations. I can really tell that he puts in a lot of effort creating memorable posts that can lighten up the mood. However, that isn’t the only thing he puts a lot of effort into doing. I remember that when I would often voice chat with Nabber, he would often leave for a few hours to do Dungeon and Dragons with a group from the boards. I often got curious about who would hold these games because it takes a lot to be Dungeon Master. It takes creativity, the knowledge of the rules behind the game, the exact set up of the game, and remembering the dice value and what certain numbers can represent if one member of the group is to forget.  That takes a lot of organization, planning, and so much creativity. I honestly don’t know how someone serves as a Dungeon Master. Whenever I hear stories from GBAToad and Lord Bowser about a few stories from their DnD adventures, I can’t help but laugh at how silly some of their stories are. Edo must do a really good job at doing what he does. One more thing that I noticed that he does well is drawing. His drawings are seriously inspirational. Have you guys gotten to look at his drawings on the 'Shroom? The expressions and poses that he creates on each one of the staff members look so amazing.  The way he blends colors just to get that perfect balance for each character he does is perfect. Another area that I looked for his drawings was on Userpedia, I got to look through his old gallery of users that he perfectly went ahead and molded each user in the style of Fire Emblem characters with their own class. I honestly love that gallery. It just shows how he takes time to create each character, working on them for possible hours even days just to see his creations come to life. Edo is a definite person that I can’t see the 'Shroom running without as well as a great community member.

Way back when I became close to Meta Knight. He used to tell me stories about a certain someone who was the manager of a pizza restaurant. I listened and laughed at a few of the stories that Meta would tell me about him. He seemed like a cool person to work with. However, his position in this restaurant and the types of situations he has been in has told me that he must be patient, persistent, hard-working, and a peacemaker.  This led me to the second stage of when I would get to meet this great person. I remember first opening an ask thread there were many questions I was asked but one stuck out to me. It was a question about Lady Gaga and I was happy that I was asked about her. I was excited to create the answers to these questions, which led to me asking this person back about her. Which created a mutual spark of interest between us. Right after last year’s awards, I gained an interest in the 'Shroom and automatically thought of what I could do to get started. The first idea I came up with was to review tv shows/ cartoons. I was helped by my friends to gather a suitable article to present. I was automatically accepted, and I was welcomed with open arms to the Critic Corner. I was so fortunate to be able to work with this outstanding individual that I’ve come to idolize. Whenever I got too busy to try and work on my 'Shroom article, he would always understand. I’m grateful for the time he would often give me to just work on my section. I appreciated him not giving up on me whenever I had a busy schedule and understood whenever I needed to try and balance out school and work.  I can’t wait to continue to work with him into this upcoming year. Thank you for being such an awesome person.

Now without further ado! I would love to award the Favorite 'Shroom Core Staff award to someone I’ve come to think of as my idol, Hypnotoad aka Anton. Congratulations! You’ve done it once again!

Alex95 is up next with C5 - Favorite Wiki Contributor Award 2018!

Nabber

• Mushroom Attendant
  • nabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2018, 03:55:24 PM »

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2018, 04:00:00 PM »

Gabumon is up next with C2 - Best ‘Shroom Section Artwork!

Kazooie

• Red-crested Breegull
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • "That's nice."
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2018, 04:04:57 PM »
C2 - Best 'Shroom Section Artwork
By Mr. Edo

Play Legacy Labyrinth

~°~°~°~°~

Thanks to 2257 and Anton for helping me put this online.

MsRetroGeek is up next with C14 - ‘Shroom Person of the Year 2017-2018!