Echo Fighter-specific wants and don't wants

SiFi

Just a flight attendant guy.
MarioWiki
SiFi
First off, I feel there's too much potential in other third party series for Richter to be the only third party echo. We could have...

• Shadow or Metal Sonic (I'd prefer the latter, but the former's got the popularity and is already rumored. Plus, Shadow isn't that similar and does have potential for his own moveset, but I'm pretty sure the same can be said for Dark Samus)
  • Prototype Man (he may be a part of Mega Man's final smash now, but technically Samus is part of Ridley's final smash and she's still her own character. His final smash, since Chrom has established that those can be different, could be him firing a blast like the one he broke King's shield with)
  • Ms. Pac-Man (this one feels like a no-brainer to me, but then again so does making Mario's 8-bit SMB1 colors one of his costumes and they still haven't done that)
  • Ken Masters (and just like Shadow, there's already rumors)
  • Big Boss
  • Zack Fair (although he's made exactly one appearance on a Nintendo console from what my research can gather. Boy I'd hate to be wrong about that after pointing out Richter's other such appearances to VorvenDorven)

I don't know much about Metal Gear or FF7, but I do know just enough about them to know how ironic it would be to have either of the the last two as echo fighters to their respective characters.

I'd only want Dixie as an echo if she had a hair twirl up b, a bubblegum popgun, and distinct animations like Dark Samus.

I really really want Impa as a Sheik echo because I don't think she has a chance otherwise and I really want her in the game.

Isabelle is a big character and worthy of being in Smash, but I'd rather her be a Villager echo because of the small pool of newcomer spots this go around that I think would be better suited for other characters.

In general, I think echoes should still be important characters. I roll my eyes at requests for characters like Dry Bowser and Hilda. They'd be better suited as costumes. The echoes we have: Daisy, Richter, Chrom, and Dark Samus are all relatively big characters in their respective franchises. Just because someone like Dry Bowser COULD be an echo, doesn't mean that he should.

Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong)
Funky Kong (Donkey Kong)
Impa (Sheik)
Big Boss (Snake)
Shadow (Sonic)
Ken (Ryu)
Medusa (Palutena)
Isabelle (Villager)
Ninten (Ness)
Octoling (Inkling)

supermariofan said:
Ken (Ryu)
NintenKEN (Ness)
Look out two Roys, here comes two Kens! (hey, that sounds like a move the older of them would use)

Whatever the Echo fighter is, I want an Echo Fighter that isn't from the same series as the parent character. Surprise me.

I don't have much requests for Echo Fighters since the characters I want in generally fit well as originals. As an example, Slippy Toad is a character I would like to see, but he doesn't fit the mould of the playable Star Fox characters.

Princess Mario said:
Whatever the Echo fighter is, I want an Echo Fighter that isn't from the same series as the parent character. Surprise me.

I like the idea of Eggman being a Bowser Jr. Echo, since they operate in vehicles.

It would be hilarious if the "reckless silhouette guy" (a joke submission for the Smash Ballot) becomes an Echo Fighter for Wii Fit Trainer.

Thank you for reading.

Princess Mario said:
I was thinking if Doomguy got in then Ranger from Quake could work as an echo fighter, but I think it'd only work with the very specific moveset I have in mind for them.

Standard Special: Chaingun (Doomguy)/Nailgun (Ranger): Tap for a quick burst of bullets/nails, or hold to spam at the cost of accuracy. Nails are slower but more damaging.

Side Special: Rocket Launcher: Packs considerably more punch than Samus or Snake's side specials, but is also just as dangerous to the person who fired it. Ranger's travel faster, and if he's caught in the explosion he won't take quite as much damage but he'll receive a disproportionate amount of knockback, which may help if you need to make a horizontal recovery.

Up Special: Teleport (Doomguy)/Dire Orb (Ranger): Doomguy's is your average aim-and-teleport like Mewtwo and others have, but he can cause a lot of damage and knockback if the destination happens to be where someone's already standing, though this requires as much precision as Jigglypuff's down special, and the uncertainty of teleportation makes it harder still. Ranger throws an orb that indicates his teleport destination and can be controlled like PK Thunder, and while it gives him a better idea of where to land, it also gives opponents something to avoid.

Down Special: Super Shotgun: Two barrels of buckshot, causing a lot of damage up close but very little knockback. After using it, you're completely helpless while taking a few seconds to reload. Ranger's is a lot weaker, but he does some kind of magic hammerspace reload that still takes some time but not nearly as much.

Final Smash: BFG: okay the bfg is hard to explain in the base game so it'd probably be even harder (but still far from impossible) to find a way to translate it for smash. Ranger uses the version from Quake II, even though he wasn't in that game.

I think MGS2 Raiden would be a better choice for Snake echo than Big Boss would, if only because of appearance variation; MGR Raiden would be more interesting overall but I don't know if I want to risk him being a Marth echo

Big Boss (Snake)
Ken/Akuma (Ryu)
Dixie Kong (Diddy)
Shadow (Sonic)

For some unknown reasons,
Pauline & Cappy (Rosalina & Luma)
Lord Frederick (King K. Rool)

I actually just came here to suggest Fredrik for K. Rool. Another option for Ryu could be Sakura, and while she's my personal favorite as far as characters with that moveset go, I realize she's probably the least likely.

I'd vastly prefer him as a unique fighter, but Fawful as a Bowser Jr. echo is better than nothing and I'd be too busy freaking the hell out to care too much if his moveset is derivative.

Also if they go down that route, then Midbus as a Bowser echo. Since I feel Dark and Dry Bowser are better suited to alts, while Midbus could take Bowser's moveset and just have slightly different properties and use ice instead of fire. I also think Mr. L is gonna be an alt if he's in at all, but he could work as an echo, with Brobot as a final smash that inhales opponents and fires them away similar to Luigi's Poltergust.

Just please don't put in Paper Mario as an echo. If he's in, he needs to be unique. Paper Mario as an echo is a waste of everything that sets him apart to begin with.

I don't Mario is getting an echo.

I don't know, it would be pretty weird if the first fighter has an echo.

Besides, Paper Mario has got too much unique traits for Sakurai to straight out ignore. The man pays too much attenton to detail, so really, why would he overlook all of that.

But god, that moveset potential is there.

I mean that's true but look at Ganondorf :P

And honestly I consider Doc an echo, even if he isn't officially one. He's still more derivative of Mario than I'd ever want Paper Mario to be.

Lucario said:
The man pays too much attenton to detail, so really, why would he overlook all of that.
Ehhhh Mario's portrayal is NOT what I like from these games nowadays.

Lucario said:

Besides, Paper Mario has got too much unique traits for Sakurai to straight out ignore. The man pays too much attenton to detail, so really, why would he overlook all of that.

I don't see why it would be weird for the first fighter to get an echo, but it probably still won't happen since Paper Mario wouldn't fit that well (and would anger the fans) and there aren't any other choices that would work. I heard one person suggest N64 Mario, but come on, really?

Czario said:
Lucario said:

I don't see why it would be weird for the first fighter to get an echo, but it probably still won't happen since Paper Mario wouldn't fit that well (and would anger the fans) and there aren't any other choices that would work. I heard one person suggest N64 Mario, but come on, really?

Wait-what?! Do you mean that the idea of Paper Mario being added would anger the fans or him being an echo of Mario would anger the fans?

Also, N64 Mario would be better as a costume. Not an echo of all things.

Moldomré said:
Wait-what?! Do you mean that the idea of Paper Mario being added would anger the fans or him being an echo of Mario would anger the fans?

Also, N64 Mario would be better as a costume. Not an echo of all things.

He mainly means Paper Mario being an echo. Though there may be a fair bit of people mad that there are 3 Mario's. Even if Paper Mario's moveset is more original compared to how all the Links are pretty derivative of eachother. (BOTW Link being the most different with stuff like the timed bomb)

in the unlikley event Isaac from golden sun gets added, i hope they add felix as an echo fighter as well.

or maybe since golden sun/golden sun 2 are two halves of a full game so they can give isaac half the moves of a regular fighter and the other half to felix :^

Don't want as an echo:
Birdo as an echo of Yoshi
Daisy as an echo of Peach :'(
Waluigi as an echo of Captain Falcon

Do Want:
Baby Mario Bros. as echo fighters(ish) of the Ice Climbers
Maxwell as an echo of Mr. Game & Watch
Honey Queen as an echo of Ridley

J & Siph said:
Do Want:
Baby Mario Bros. as echo fighters(ish) of the Ice Climbers
Maxwell as an echo of Mr. Game & Watch