Author Topic: Echo Fighter-specific wants and don't wants  (Read 1376 times)

Isabelle

• Best girl. And dog. And definitely NOT deserving of the mostly *bleep* fanart she gets.
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • The adorable, fluffy, 100% hug material Isabelle.
    • View Profile
Re: Echo Fighter-specific wants and don't wants
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2018, 11:08:06 AM »
I think (I think, but I might be wrong knowing me) Reggie commented after the Joker reveal that all fighters in the DLC are from series never repped by fighters in Smash, so that puts anyone who comes from a series already in Smash is dead...

Hey, SGoW, remember when you said Bandana Dee wouldn't get in?

Just take all the salty tears, bathe in them or something... at least he's a spirit.

Captain America

• Steve Rogers
  • Donkey Kong
  • GalacticPetey
  • Avengers Assemble
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2018, 11:36:05 AM »
You're misquoting. He said characters new to the series, not new franchises to the series.

Now, he did say that they'd be characters you wouldn't necessarily expect to be in Smash, which rules out Bandana Dee anyway.

Isabelle

• Best girl. And dog. And definitely NOT deserving of the mostly *bleep* fanart she gets.
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2018, 11:40:59 AM »
Yeah, I remember him saying that at least.

Shygul

• Donkey Kong
  • Shadowshy
    • View Profile
    • my new website plz check it out and share on facebook
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2018, 01:27:22 PM »
You're misquoting. He said characters new to the series, not new franchises to the series.

Now, he did say that they'd be characters you wouldn't necessarily expect to be in Smash, which rules out Bandana Dee anyway.
its punishment time baby

Dorayaki

• Goombella
  • King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2019, 08:25:03 AM »
Whatever the Echo fighter is, I want an Echo Fighter that isn't from the same series as the parent character. Surprise me.
Late reply but this. The defect could work in many ways:
1) In character roster the list order could be messed up, as the sidekick/echo is listed above the protagonist.
2) In future Smash title, an echo/sidecick may stay even if the protagonist of his/her franchise has been wiped out, which may seem very contradictory.

I see the good thing is that you can make best use of the fighter movesets, if the movesets themselves are not too specific or licensed. But it could be an uncoded rule that only characters within the same franchise are supposed to share the traits given by game settings, historical or game design reasons, so that Nintendo don't want to break it by forcing characters of different franchises to be echoes like they did in early times with Captain Ganon.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 08:45:24 AM by Dorayaki »

Isabelle

• Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2019, 09:26:09 AM »
So forgive the part of my brain that knows about Fire Emblem, LGM, but ya want an echo fighter for a character not in the same series?

Sephiran as an echo of Palutena.

Dude's actually...

Makoto Kikuchi

• Marty
  • Star Spirit
  • Garlic Man
  • Name-change free since 2018
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2019, 10:14:33 AM »
Whatever the Echo fighter is, I want an Echo Fighter that isn't from the same series as the parent character. Surprise me.

Time to revert Ganon to his melee moveset
marteny

foot foot foot foot foot foot foot foot foot foot foot dive
XJsM0 FKZv5 RVx0T 7AoXC YncK6bt Aidhw(sig)

ZelenPixel

• obsesses too much over a hat
  • Spiny
  • Mashabely
    • View Profile
    • wiki user page
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2019, 01:47:26 PM »
all i want is funky.... im sad that he may not get a chance anymore
morpho knight for meta knight perhaps?
for waht i dont want, well in a way, ive seen people suggest birdo for yoshi and gooey for kirby and i feel like the movesets just arent compatible honestly. for birdo what would replace yoshis tongue?
and then gooey and kirby play the same gameplay wise in kdl3 i believe, but smash wise the animations dont work (one has limbs and one doesnt), a lotmoves will have to be replaced completely, and thats like too much differences for an echo