Author Topic: Users who register and post bot-like posts  (Read 183 times)

winstein

• Dry Bowser
  • Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
    • View Profile
Users who register and post bot-like posts
« on: August 10, 2018, 01:57:49 AM »
On occasion, there will be a new user who post stuff, but they will post something that doesn't really pertain to the topic, and are usually impersonal. Take this post, as an example:
I like this very much content. Because it is so many people should know because it is very useful.

I have a suspicion that quite a few bot users have gone under the radar, because they don't seem to be banned. The user I posted above has not been banned yet, probably because unlike some notorious bots who blatantly advertises their sites (gambling is one such site), they just post a post without any hint of advertising. Note that I sometimes reported weird posts but the users never seems to be banned nor taken care of, and in the even some of the posts got deleted, their remaining posts that went unreported would still be there. Therefore, I gave up when no apparent action had been taken.

Therefore, I would like to know if there are situations where bot posts are acceptable here, so we could come up with an understanding.

Thank you for reading.
(Credit goes to Alex95 for this signature)

Johnny Five

• No disassemble!
  • Star Spirit
  • Fawfulthegreat64
  • Number 5 is alive!
    • View Profile
    • Mario RPG Universe
Re: Users who register and post bot-like posts
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 10:28:37 AM »
I was under the impression they are banned, but the "banned" tag isn't added to them, since I know those are separate things.

Russian Baby Luigi

• Nick, you need to find a woman who hates herself, she'll love you.
  • Awards Committee
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
  • Малыш Луиджи Если имя Ваше Лера
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 12:47:30 PM »
Yeah in this forum, the ban tag isn't applied automatically. I'm guessing in this case, the mods don't feel like going through the trouble of applying to some insignificant spambutt user.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Glowsquid

• Claudia
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
    • http://darkadia.com/member/glowsquid
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 02:38:28 PM »
Yeah in this forum, the ban tag isn't applied automatically. I'm guessing in this case, the mods don't feel like going through the trouble of applying to some insignificant spambutt user.

Exactly. I figured it's unnecessary because bots are very easy to spot and I deal with 'em as soon as a report arrives.
Rest in peace, Walkazo.

Miu Iruma

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
  • the ultimate in inventioneering
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 05:54:39 PM »
backing up squiddy; banned tag is intended primarily for regular users to indicate a sudden lack of postng. Bots arent really worth the extra step

"Roll like a tank, hit like a... decommissioned tank."

Miles Tails Prower

• Sonic's trusty sidekick
  • King Bowser
  • Toadgamer
  • I want a split screen for myself!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:15:28 AM »
This post right here was from the "Ask Chain" thread, and it has nothing to do with the previous post. Makes me think this user is a robot.

Your information is good information that I am looking for.