Author Topic: Mario Awards KG II: Haunted Towers - Day 3: An Excellent Death  (Read 4994 times)

Hooded Pitohui

• Aiming for More Succinct Expression
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Bob-omb
  • Two ways to live life...
    • View Profile
(I'm going to join in the investigation in a bit when I can get to a computer. For now, have a testimony.)

Well, my night was a complete wreck, thanks in large part to those little demons running around. But, I’ll give you a rundown of my night.

I started by moving up through the Hollow Tree to the Eerie Staircase. I knew climbing it would be a challenge, but I’ve faced down worse foes, so I started my ascent. Unfortunately, after I had made significant progress, one of those blasted Polterpups came rushing down the stairs, startling me and causing me to misstep. With that, the whole set of stairs turned into one gigantic slide, and I went tumbling the whole way down.

… Not a fun start to the night, to say the least. I swear, I’d stomp those little demons out if I could! I guess I’ll just have to kill those Possessors first!

… By the time I reached the base at the Hollow Tree (4F), the staircase was back to being stairs. I was tired, though, so I didn't bother trying to ascend it again. It wasn't a complete waste of time, though. I was able to ascertain some useful information. First, the door at the top of the stairs, it’s locked, and apparently requires three keys to open. I stumbled upon pictographic instructions which points to the locations of these keys. The instructions showed a set of paw prints, a golden bone, a Polterpup, and a key.. Clearly, the Polterpups have the three keys, and we need to take them from them.

With my trek up the Staircase ruined, I decided I needed some time to unwind and soothe myself before I found another one of those demons and did something rash. As I leave the Eerie Staircase and enter the Hollow Tree (4F), I see TPG.
The quivering weakling doesn't even make a move on me, so I just pass him by, making a mental note to cut him down if he doesn't give me Page 2 and 3 soon. I pass through the Crow’s Nest and enter the Conservatory. Seeing that organ standing proudly in the room, I knew that I needed a little music in my life to calm my nerves…

I take my place at the organ and play my favorite piece, Schubert’s Erlkönig. Unfortunately, I couldn't see any of the sheet music in this infernal darkness, but that's alright by me, because it's not like I can carry a tune anyway. It's the words that matter, and I know those by heart. I’ve got to say, though, hearing those pipes on the organ really filled my heart with joy. That rush of air! It's just like hearing the dying gasps of an opponent who you hold by the throat! Their cries becoming higher-pitched and ever raspier as you slowly crush their neck, draining the last bit of life out of them while listening to their melodic pleading! AHAHAHAH! THAT'S TRUE BLISS RIGHT THERE!

*Ahem*... but I digress. As I finish, Fantanoice steps into the Conservatory and watches the tail end of my performance. Seeing that she has more fire in her eyes, I try to goad her into a sparring match. Unfortunately, she just flips me off… shame, really, i’d love to have an actual opponent somewhere in this forsaken mansion. With no fight to be had, I move on to the Toolshed Stairs to head down to 1F. While on my way, I encounter Ninelevendo on the Toolshed Stairs (3F) and give him a good slapping. Look, I’m glad at least someone here has the right idea, but I don't exactly take kindly to being murdered.

I take some basic supplies from the Tool Shed then head back up the Toolshed Stairs up to the Seedling Laboratory. That seed cannon isn't a real gun, but I thought it would do. Unfortunately, one of you already snatched it. Enraged but too tired to go after you all, I slept in the Seedling Laboratory, pining for an actual weapon.

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games

The lawn mower is no longer running, but you look it over and see that its a typical gas-powered mower that is activated by pulling a cord and holding down a bar. The bar seemed to be held down with a thin rope, allowing it to run autonomously until it ran out of gasoline. The mower is wet.

Am I able to tell what kind of rope it is and where the rope came from? And why is it wet?

Lord Bowser

• Super High School Level Bowser
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • "It's funny because we're all living in a simulation and free will is a lie."
    • View Profile
Am I able to tell what kind of rope it is and where the rope came from? And why is it wet?
You know it is a thin white rope, and you recall seeing similar in the Tool Shed.

As for why the mower is wet, well, it was originally in the outdoor Garden...

(credit to TPG)

(credit to Mr. Edo)

The Pyro Guy

• Poll Committee Chairperson
  • Poll Committee
  • King Bowser
  • "no"
    • View Profile
    • watch my terrible videos
Re: Mario Awards KG II: Haunted Towers - Day 1: Ghostception
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2018, 01:24:24 PM »
Captain Cuttlefish is missing.

My arrival was inevitable, as is my victory. But, this crime is more important than my identity.

I wake up and travel to the Kitchen, going through the Crow's Nest and Solarium. Mariofan169 is with me for this journey, but he departs in the Family Room as I enter the Kitchen. I take some energy meals and leave as he comes in.

I then go back to the Hollow Tree's fourth floor, passing by Pitohui in this room. The insect taunts me, but I have my duties and let him pass. His time will come, however far he runs from it.

I was able to ascend to the top of the Eerie Staircase, only to be met by a locked door. It has three keyholes, and hieroglyphs matching with Pitohui's information. I end my night here.

The victim was likely killed outside, and then dragged to her room. Perhaps her knife was the murder weapon...

Is Chibiki's knife bloody, or does it match her stab wound?

Roller

• A1 Sauce
  • Shy Guy
  • rollerC
    • View Profile
    • Roller Rink Discord
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2018, 01:48:31 PM »
Hey, sorry if I'm a little bit late. Sleeping, and all that.

I basically tried to go to the Eerie Staircase too. Worried about a Secret Mine situation, I grabbed a pickaxe first. Here was my path:

• I went down to the first floor of the Hollow Tree.
  • I headed to the Tool Shed.
  • I exited to the Tool Shed stairs, and Smg2daisy came in as I left.
  • I walked across the skybridge, hoping to see any people passing by down below, but I saw nothing.
  • I went down to the Courtyard, and then climbed all the way up the Hollow Tree.
  • When I started my descent up the Eerie Staircase, TPG was already half-way there.
  • I try to climb the stairs, but I only make it about 3/4ths of the way there before falling all the way down the stairs of exhaustion (which turned into a tube-like structure to ensure my safe descent).
  • I saw TPG sleeping at the top of the stairs before I fell.
  • I slept for the night.

I hope that helps somehow. Ping me if you need anything.

Lord Bowser

• Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2018, 02:07:03 PM »
Is Chibiki's knife bloody, or does it match her stab wound?
The knife is clean, and isn't the same size as the stab wound.

(credit to TPG)

(credit to Mr. Edo)

Mayan Ryan

• jav told me this was a good idea
  • Star Spirit
  • Yoshiwaker
  • why did i listen to jav
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2018, 02:49:50 PM »
Here's my testimony:
  • First I went to the Garden to grab the lawn mower, and got a rope from the Tool Shed. When leaving, I saw Smg2Daisy on the Skybridge.
  • Next, I went up to the Hollow Tree (2F) and started the lawn mower. I figured I might as well pull some shenanigans on my night off.
  • I then left the lawn mower and headed up to the Hollow Tree (4F), where I saw rollerC climbing the Eerie Staircase about halfway up.
  • Then, I went up to the West Bedroom and looked around in the cabinets for anything useful (and admired that nice-looking vase while I was at it!).
  • After that I went up to the Rooftop Pool and sat by the edge of the hot tub and dipped my legs in. I forgot to bring swim clothes, but I figured I might as well relax a bit on my invincible night!
  • Finally, I went back to the bottom of the Eerie Staircase, where I saw rollerC and fantanoice asleep at the bottom. Throwing caution to the wind, I decided to try making my way up.
  • I made it about 3/4 of the way up, high enough for me to see The Pyro Guy lying asleep there, but I collapsed from exhaustion, and the staircase turned into a tube, so I slid down, and fell asleep next to rollerC and fantanoice.

Lord Bowser

• Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2018, 03:05:21 PM »
Investigate Hollow Tree (3F)
You investigate the Hollow Tree (3F). Some drops of blood start to go up the stairs, but taper off quickly. Otherwise, nothing much of note, though the floor is damp.

(credit to TPG)

(credit to Mr. Edo)

Lord Bowser

• Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2018, 03:10:10 PM »
Meant to say Hollow Tree (2F). :P
You head downstairs and look around. The mower has come to rest on the overlook to 1F. You see a lot of tire treads on the damp floor, along with a blood trail leading to Room VII.

(credit to TPG)

(credit to Mr. Edo)

Mayan Ryan

• Star Spirit
  • Yoshiwaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2018, 03:59:14 PM »
Investigate the "odd dip" in the courtyard

Ninelevendo

• Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2018, 05:07:10 PM »
Alright this was my exciting night:

- Went downstairs to raid the art supplies, since I've never done that before. See Yoshiwaker head towards the Garden.

- Go into the Gardener's Dwelling to raid their paperwork and see what kinds of fraud they've been committing. I hear a large object being rolled outside in the East Hall. Fanta comes in later, followed by Mariofan sometime afterwards.

- Head upstairs via the Toolshed Stairs and see Pithoui, who slaps me across the face and tells me that I deserved it. Don't know why, it wasn't my fault that you couldn't see a tripwire.

- Play Bohemian Rhapsody on the pipe organ because this thunderstorm is very very frightening. I'm not a musician so I'm not sure how well I played but tips would be appreciated.

- Enter into the lounge and play Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. I'm sure we've all had that time when there's a blackout and our DS is the only option. Fell asleep here.

Not sure if any of this is relevant to the case but at least it's far more interesting, murder cases are boring.

Ninelevendo

• Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2018, 05:26:10 PM »
Investigate West Bathroom and Kitchen

Hopefully we can find some missing soap and knives.

Edit: Investiagte the stab wound more closely to see what shape it is, also compare stab wound to a lawnmower blade

Probably won't match but just in case.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 05:54:11 PM by Ninelevendo »

fantanoice

• Vee vee
  • Power Star
  • I can see through time
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2018, 07:30:12 PM »
Compare stab wound to shovels in the toolshed
What was removed from the toolshed
Investigate toolshed
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

<< Watch Pokemon Let's Go! Eevee Nuzlocke Stream >>
Ask Me Stuff

Lord Bowser

• Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2018, 07:55:36 PM »
Investigate Chibiki's Room VII
Besides the blood trail from the Hollow Tree, not much of note in here besides some kind of elaborate circular pattern on the floor, likely for some kind of ritual.

Investigate the "odd dip" in the courtyard
The dip is a small, wedge-shaped divot in the ground, going down at a slight angle. You notice pawprints heading towards the Hollow Tree (1F) from the site of the dip.

Investigate West Bathroom and Kitchen

Edit: Investiagte the stab wound more closely to see what shape it is, also compare stab wound to a lawnmower blade
You investigate the West Bathroom. A couple bars of soap are missing here, though otherwise little of note.

You investigate the Kitchen. A knife is missing from a drawer, and a pitcher is also missing. Some food crumbs are on the table.

You take a look at Chibiki Daisy's stab would more closely. It's thin and slightly curved, going into her heart. No lawnmower blades seem to be damaged or removed from the mower.

Compare stab wound to shovels in the toolshed
What was removed from the toolshed
Investigate toolshed

Every shovel is way too big.

You investigate the Tool Shed. It looks thoroughly rummaged through, as if a lot of people went through it and took things. You can't determine absolutely everything that has been stolen, but you know a hammock, a hatchet, some fertilizer, a pair of gloves, some shears, a couple shovels, and a bit of thin rope are missing.

(credit to TPG)

(credit to Mr. Edo)

Mayan Ryan

• Star Spirit
  • Yoshiwaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2018, 08:02:18 PM »
Follow the pawprints.

Lord Bowser

• Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2018, 08:03:28 PM »
Follow the pawprints.
The pawprints seem to take you into the Hollow Tree (1F), through the Tree Root, and through the Old Graveyard, coming to a stop in front of the doghouse.

(credit to TPG)

(credit to Mr. Edo)