Author Topic: Mario Awards KG II: Haunted Towers - Day 3: An Excellent Death  (Read 6799 times)

Lord Bowser

• Super High School Level Bowser
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • "It's funny because we're all living in a simulation and free will is a lie."
    • View Profile
Come one, come all, down to Inkopolis! Us squids have a special event planned just for you....

The Splatting Game!

It's an extra-special event only hosted every few years, and this time, we'll be using Moray Towers as our venue!

GBA: Uhh, LB...
LB: Sup?

*whispering and muttering*

LB: Sigh...

Ok, fine, not the Splatting Game...

Something something Ghost Killing Game yadda yadda Haunted Towers whatever

Overview

Idk some old ladies lived here now they died and you guys are too but you can be not dead if you win so just start killing each other or whatever I dont care I want to go back to Inkopolis

I mean uh

Ahem.

So, yeah. Haunted Towers. The former owners were some total plant fanatics, thus there's plants and trees everywhere here! This is a rainforest-like environment, thus that means it rains all the time here! It gets thundery a lot as we--

....like that.

Ow. *cough*

Anyway, these towers are a beautiful sight to behold in the forest! The giant tree in the center is actually part of the structure, too; in fact, that's where your bedrooms will be! We're also a green, eco-friendly, environmentally-conscious, hypoallergenic, gluten-free, free-range energy user, running fully on hydroelectric pow-

Oh.

Well, not tonight, I guess.

As you all know, you are competing for a spot amongst the living in Treacherous Mansion. Only one victor may emerge from all of you in this game. May the odds be ever i- wait wrong series

Anyway, whoever wins the Haunted Towers Ghost Killing Game will be resurrected and allowed to play in the final Treacherous Mansion Killing Game, while those who die are banished back to the ghostly realm. Good luck!

Polterpups

You're not alone in the towers, however!

These adorable little ghost dogs have made the towers their home, and you'll see them running from room to room during your night activities. There's three total, and you are very much welcome to pet them! They're known to be mischievous little things, though, so take good care of your valuables if you don't want these pups stealing them and running off! Maybe some sort of special treat can be used to train them...

One word of warning, however. If you harm a Polterpup in any way, you will be banished to the deepest layer of Hell like the soulless, cruel demon you are. Think of it as a universal Forbidden Action. Don't get too aggressive with them!

Player List

I. Yoshiwaker
II. Hooded Pitohui
III. Smg2daisy
IV. Ninelevendo
V. rollerC
VI. Alex95
VII. Chibiki Daisy
VIII. The Pyro Guy
IX. Mariofan169
X. fantanoice
XI. Meta Knight
XII. MsRetroGeek

Map

Key:
Red stairs go up
Blue stairs go down
Circles are elevators

Room List
Rooms marked with a are outdoors.

1F
  • Courtyard: A quaaint outdoor entrance to the towers. This courtyard is the home of some large flowers. There's a couple of scattered buckets around, which can be filled with water from a broken pipe here. A pinwheel gate sits on the north end, allowing (or denying!) access to the Hollow Tree.
  • Hollow Tree (1F): This part of the tree has some alcoves, a pool of water in the middle, and the entrance to the Tree Root, along with stairs to the upper parts of the Hollow Tree. There's quite a lot of flammable spider webs here, along with some conveniently-placed torches. The alcoves don't have much in them, but can serve as handy hiding spots.
  • Tree Root: Not much in here, but it's quite damp and mossy. Several mushrooms, perhaps poisonous, grow in here. An entrance to the Old Graveyard is present at the end of the room.
  • Old Graveyard: A small graveyard for the departed. Tombstones and coffins everywhere, as you would expect, along with a large crow statue. Some trees and flowers are here as well, along with some topiaries shaped like... Bowser. Nice touch! Torches light up the area. The Crypt is located in the back, and a doghouse sits in the corner.
  • Crypt: A small storage room. Lots of empty coffins laying around, with a dim torch for light. An empty painting sits in the center of the room, its canvas waiting to be explored.
  • Tower Lobby (1F): Serves as a passageway between multiple rooms. A drain is found on the floor. A small maintenance room can be found underneath the stairs, holding some gardening supplies, and through here, access to the West Garden is available.
  • Greenhouse: Home to A Lot of plants. Fruit plants. Colorful plants. Spiky plants. Deadly poisonous plants. Even a giant Venus flytrap! In fact, giant enough to eat you if you aren't careful. There's gotta be a way to sedate it somehow...
  • West Garden: Not much here, aside from a few potted plants and hedges. A unique plant with a spiky, poisonous fruit grows in the center of the garden, and quickly regenerates its fruit. It's deadly enough to kill even the most intimidating of monsters! Something tells me handling it bare-handed isn't a good idea, however...
  • Hydro Generator: The main power source of the towers. Haunted Towers prides itself on environmentally-friendly energy, and runs fully on hydroelectric power. Lots of water here, as one would expect, including drains, pipes, and water wheels, coming from the Water Supply on 4F. A couple of tall, exotic plants flourish in this moist environment.
  • East Hall: A small hallway connecting the rooms of the east tower. Not much here, other than an empty painting and a drawer full of art supplies.
  • Tool Shed: A huge tool shed, necessary for maintaining the countless number of plants in Haunted Towers. All sorts of gardening tools, fertilizers, and supplies may be found in the cabinets and drawers in here. An ornate fountain, which doubles as a not-so-secret entrance to the Toolshed Stairs, sits in the corner.
  • Garden: A once-beautiful garden left ravaged by neglect. There's still hedges and plants here; the fruits of these plants are known to be a local delicacy! Also present here is a small pond, a large Bowser topiary, and a working lawn mower.
  • Toolshed Stairs (1F): A stairway. That's, uh, basically all this is. It goes all the way up to 4F.
  • Gardener's Dwelling: A nice, if messy, bedroom. Inside is a bed, a stove, a sink, some cabinets and drawers (filled with various papers and writing instruments), and a table set. The ceiling fan makes for an excellent place to hang peo- I mean, things, from. The room is dimly lit by candlelight. Something tells me there's something hiding in plain sight here, though...

2F
  • Skybridge: A bridge connecting the second floor of the east and west towers. It overlooks the Hollow Tree, giving it a nice view. Be careful using it, though, as a pack of crows have nested here; they're quite territorial and will peck at anyone who lingers here for too long!
  • Hollow Tree (2F): Contains every bedroom from I to XII, arranged in a familiar number sequence around the center of the Hollow Tree. There's an overlook to the 1F Hollow Tree here. Otherwise, not much present besides stairs.
  • Tower Lobby (2F): Not much here on the upper part of the lobby, other than stairs back down to 1F and an entrance to the Plant Nursery.
  • Plant Nursery: An extension of the Greenhouse below, essentially; more plants than you can imagine live here. Some are extraordinarily pretty, while others are deadly poisonous. A beanstalk has grown in the center of the room, destroying the ceiling above and acting like a stairway to the Rumpus Room.
  • Laboratories (2F): A large, abandoned reasearch laboratory. Some huge broken test tubes remain here, and research papers are scattered all over the floor. Lots of smaller test tubes, along with other basic chemistry equipment and some mysterious chemicals, line a desk inside the room. A door to the Botany Lab is present. A lift, leading to the top floor of the Laboratories, is in the back.
  • Botany Lab: An extension of the laboratories. Lots of strange, genetically modified plants are here, locked inside of test tubes. The Toolshed Stairs can be accessed through a door here. Another giant Venus flytrap sits in the center of the room; I wouldn't mess with it!
  • Toolshed Stairs (2F): More stairs. Wow.

3F
  • Hollow Tree (3F): Not much beyond some stairs. Very wooden aesthetics though.
  • Rumpus Room: A bedroom, presumably belonging to a young child. A large dollhouse replica of Haunted Towers sits here, along with a life-size doll. Many smaller dolls, along with jack-in-the-boxes, teddy bears, and a child-sized dresser and bed, line the pink walls. The dresser contains lots of make-up and fashion accessories. A beanstalk has grown through the floor, destroying part of it and acting as a stairway down to the Plant Nursery. I swear, the big doll is watching me...
  • Kitchen: This room is connected to the Rumpus Room. A stove, oven, microwave, and dishwasher are all here, along with a family-sized table set, plates and silverware, and a refrigerator/freezer stocked with food. The pantry and cabinets have some perishables.
  • Family Room: This room is between the Solarium and the Kitchen. In here are some couches and armchairs, a fireplace, and an official Amazon Echo named Alexa. Portaits of three beautiful women line the walls. This makes for a nice, cozy spot to relax in.
  • Solarium (3F): Another stairway, leading up to 4F. The walls are made of glass, and some exotic plants grow here on shelves. Some chairs are on the lower part of the stairway.
  • Laboratories (3F): Not much up on the upper floor of the Laboratories, other than some rafters and spiky vines. There's a door to the Seedling Laboratory available, though.
  • Seedling Laboratory: An extension of the Botany Lab below. Genetically-modified saplings and seedlings grow in pots here; just some fertilizer on them should do the trick. There's also a seed cannon here, but it can be taken out of the room and can shoot out other small objects!
  • Toolshed Stairs (3F): H

4F
  • Crow's Nest: A rickety bridge connecting the east and west towers, along with the top of the Hollow Tree. It is protected from the elements by the canopy of the Hollow Tree. Some crows are perched on the fencing, but are passive.
  • Hollow Tree (4F): The top room of the Hollow Tree. Up here is a door leading to the Eerie Staircase.
  • Eerie Staircase (4F): A loooong staircase. Pitfalls and other traps are hidden amongst the stairs. You're going to need quite a bit of Stamina, or lots of energy in you, if you want to make it to the top!
  • West Hall: A small hallway connecting the western rooms of the tower. It's a duplicate of the East Hall on 1F, but the drawer is full of first-aid supplies instead.
  • West Bathroom: A bathroom containing multiple sinks, toilets, and a shower. Oddly, a pool chair is found here; what happens if you lie in it...?
  • West Bedroom: A guest room containing three beds. The beds aren't normal beds, however; they're extremely light despite being able to support a lot of weight, and can be moved (and even thrown) around with ease! Also in here is a drawer filled with medicines and antidotes, and a very expensive-looking vase.
  • Solarium (4F): The top floor of the Solarium doesn't have much other than stairs and a door to the West Bedroom. The walls are still made of glass, however.
  • Conservatory (4F): The centerpiece of the Conservatory is a massive pipe organ. Any tunes played on it can be heard throughout the entire east tower! Also present here are some pianos, trumpets, and violins, along with scattered music sheets, but a stark lack of kazoos or anything remotely related to them. Behind the organ is a lift to the top of the Conservatory, and a door to the Lounge is in the center of the room.
  • Lounge: Renovated entirely just for the Killing Game! Formerly in advanced disrepair, the new Lounge features some comfy armchairs and sofas, a 52" flat-screen TV, every Nintendo console and handheld, and a wide selection of games, movies, and books! There's even a mini-fridge stocked with sodas and snacks, and a fully-loaded cotton candy machine. The hottest entertainment spot in the mansion!
  • Water Supply: Supplies water to the Hydro Generator on 1F. The water is run through a large, very complex machine. A toolbox containing wires and electrical equipment is found here.
  • Toolshed Stairs (4F): H

5F
  • Eerie Staircase (5F): The top of the loooong staircase. At the end is a mysterious door...
  • Rooftop Pool: A large pool with a diving board, along with a hot tub. Pool noodles, a floatie, and beach balls are present here, and the ground is covered in sand. Some jugs of chlorine disinfectant are stored in the back.
  • Conservatory (5F): Up here are some older, dusty instruments, along with a phonograph. A door to the Balcony is present.
  • Balcony: Not much of... anything here. However, this gives an excellent view of the west tower and its perimeter rooms, and the Courtyard below. An unusually shiny vase is up here. Maybe you can drop things down from here...
  • ???: ???

Now that that's out of the way... let's get started!

It is now Night 1! You have 48 hours to get accustomed to the mansion and to submit night actions. There's a thunderstorm going on right now, though, which means... BLACKOUT! This also means all electric elevators are currently disabled.

Yoshiwaker and Hooded Pitohui are immortal for this night, so don't bother trying to kill them!

Good luck with your night actions!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 03:01:32 PM by Lord Bowser »

(credit to TPG)

(credit to Mr. Edo)

Kaguya Shinomiya

• O kawaii koto...
  • King Bowser
  • Mariofan169
    • View Profile

Man, that was such an awesomeriffic nap! Time to greet the day with-

....Wait, I thought half of you guys had a missing head!!

Madeline

• A1 Sauce
  • Bob-omb
  • rollerC
    • View Profile
    • Roller Rink Discord
Oh, man, another one of these things. This is going to be exciting. The whole roleplay thing last time though...it wasn't really my shebang. So, uhh...this time I'll just roleplay as...

Roller, Ultimate Normal Dude.

...Yeah. That'll work out.

Host Toad

• Aim to be the Party Star!
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Hammer Bro.
  • Hooded Pitohui
  • With Awards, prepare to present, play, and party.
    • View Profile
This probably isn’t going to be as useful as I thought when I thought there was more information because I apparently couldn’t read, but I wanted to have a masterpost where all players, from Haunted Towers or in the later Treacherous Mansion, could have all plot information in a central location. If you notice any omissions or inaccuracies, please let me know and I’ll fix them.

”You Take the Moon and You Take the Sun” Masterpost

The Journal

Page 1
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4
-Found in Secret Mine by FWD
-Talks about Sun Stone Chunks

Page 4.5?
-Found by Luigi64DD in Clockmaker’s Chambers
-Not labeled as part of the Journal, but matches up with parts of Page 4.
Talks about Dark Moon shards

Page 4 Reconstruction
-An attempt to reconstruct the text found by FWD in Secret Mine

Comparison of Page 4 and Page 4.5
-Appear to be some differences where the text otherwise lines up, differences in brown

Other information:
-TPG seems to have a lot of information, claims he cannot lie about Dark Moon or Sun Stones
-64DD has additional information on E-Gates in Treacherous
and Secret Mine from the Clockworks’ Library that he hasn't revealed yet.
-Tucayo might have information on Page 1? He definitely did some digging into Gloomy Manor’s history and he was able to open the Secret Pocket so there’s a slight chance he has more information
-Are the E-Gates connected to/powered by Sun Stone Chunks? Doubted, but worth looking into.
-Verify TPG’s claims and verify if possible that he can’t lie about these things and get pages 2 and 3 from him.
-Find the SHRINE in Haunted Towers
-MK has information of the E-Gate in the Crypt that he hasn’t shared.

Dark Moon Shards
According to TPG, “moon shards increase despair (with boosts that could help with murders)”
People who possess them are probably dangerous, with murder boosts?
Mansion
Gloomy
???
None
Haunted
???
None
Clockworks
Bell
Luigi64DD
Mine
???
None
Treacherous
???
None

Sun Stone Chunks
According to TPG, “sun stones reject despair (via escape/defeating the possessors/boos)”
If we gather them, can we escape the game and beat the Killing Game?
Mansion
Gloomy
???
None
Haunted
???
None
Clockworks
Inside the Pendulum (Clock Tower 1F)
None
Mine
???
None
Treacherous
???
None

E-Gates
Collapsed Mineshaft connects to (presumably) Treacherous Mansion and (?) Under the Stairs
Tomb conencts to Drift Hall
Under the Stairs connects to (?) Collapsed Mineshaft
Crypt connects to ???
Gardner's Lab connects to the Smuggler's Room

Polterpups
-Apparently have the three keys we need to get into the secret room at the top of the Eerie Staircase. Room might be the Shrine mentioned in the journal?
-Apparently the Gold Bone can be used to tame them/get the keys.
-Zero: KEY FOUND
-Phobos
-Deimos: KEY FOUND

-Anything in italics is speculatory
-Anything in red is missing or needs to be acted upon
-Anything in strikethrough is debunked.

RESPAWNING … 25%
AHAHAHAHAH! AHAHAHAHAH! WHAT A THRILL!  AHAHAHAHAH!

RESPAWNING … 50%
YOU! YOU ACTUALLY DID IT! THE RUSH OF DYING! YOU KILLED ME!

RESPAWNING … 75%
Spoiler: Large Image (click to show/hide)
I… I haven’t been owned that hard since the Bullet of Bullets Tournament…

AHAHAHA!

I GUESS YOU ALL AREN’T SPINELESS COWARDS AFTER ALL!

RESPAWNING COMPLETE

You know, though, I’m proud of you all! I challenged you to prove to me that you weren’t afraid to fill the hallways you walked through with the blood of your competitors, and you sure delivered. You blood-hungry killers tried to decapitate me with a plate, burn me alive, and stab me through the head in my first night here!

My heart swells with pride at my nest of little murderers! And here… in this Mansion, we’ve even got a couple of you who’ve already killed...

It’s almost sad that I’ll have to kill every last one of you now. Almost.

But, in the end, this is the loser bracket, and I belong anywhere but here. So, I’ll just have to make my way back to the Treacherous Mansion the hard way. At least it’ll be fun.

But, I’d never kill someone who didn’t have a chance to defend themselves, and since you all don’t stand a chance against me, I’ll give you a little something. Since that “Look At Me” guy in Old Clockworks is as good a detective as I am a nurse, which is to say, useless, I’ve taken the role of the detective around here and I’ve started piecing together the mystery afoot here. Take a look above, and you’ll see the big mystery Masterpost your Big Sister here’s put together for you. I figure that, having some information on these artifacts might give you all some chance at surviving.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 05:38:30 PM by Kanzaki Elsa »

Madeline

• A1 Sauce
  • Bob-omb
  • rollerC
    • View Profile
    • Roller Rink Discord
...holy *bleep* pitohui

fantanoice

• Vee vee
  • Power Star
  • I can see through time
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
Walk up to the club like, what up, I got a big tower
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

<< Watch Pokemon Let's Go! Eevee Nuzlocke Stream >>
Ask Me Stuff

The Mafia Boss

• Gabriel
  • Dry Bowser
  • GabbyHayes
  • BOW DOWN!
    • View Profile
Posting for notifications.
YOU'RE NO MATCH FOR ME!

Raregold

• The #1 Sell-Out
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Dry Bones
  • Fancy Toads Wear Fancy Clothes
    • View Profile

Lord Bowser

• Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
    • View Profile
24 hours left to submit night actions!

(credit to TPG)

(credit to Mr. Edo)

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
*Gets thrown in through the front door*

Ow, ow, ow, was that necessary? The eerie noises were just a prank!

*cough* So... these are the Haunted Towers, huh? Very well, then!

I'm a day late, so I have to learn my surroundings quickly! I don't have a lot of time to study the mansion, so...

Yeah, I should... probably stop talking to myself now...

Onward!

Lord Bowser

• Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
    • View Profile
NIGHT ACTIONS LOCKED. Results soon!

(credit to TPG)

(credit to Mr. Edo)

fantanoice

• Vee vee
  • Power Star
  • I can see through time
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
I am afraid of many ghosts

Ask Me Stuff

Lord Bowser

• Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Awards KG II: Haunted Towers - Day 1: Ghostception
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2018, 08:02:09 AM »
Attention, residents of Haunted Towers!
A body has been discovered!

Chibiki Daisy has been found dead in Room VII. They were...

Case File
  • Body has a stab wound
  • Body appears to have been dragged
  • Body shows signs of a struggle

Other Info
  • A lawnmower seems to have wreaked havoc in the Hollow Tree (2F)
  • The sprouts in the Plant Nursery and Botany Lab have fully grown
  • Lots of things are missing from the Tool Shed
  • A secret room has been discovered somewhere
  • There's some loot in the doghouse

It is now Day 1! To prevent the case ending at an awkward time, you have 29 hours to investigate the case, though no extensions will be granted for this phase! Good luck!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 08:05:05 AM by Lord Bowser »

(credit to TPG)

(credit to Mr. Edo)

Meta Knight

• Scourge of Darkness
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • Victory is my destiny
    • View Profile
So I'm a ghost now. Uh Boo.

I met up with Geeky outside my room. Since we died together before, our rooms were right next to each other. We decided to stick together to increase our chances of survival.

It was really dark, so we went outside and headed to the Old Graveyard. We grabbed a torch so that we'd have an easier time seeing. A cute little Polterpup showed up while we were cuddling in the doghouse. We gave it a treat, and it was super happy. We added a new member to our party and the doggo followed us around too. We decided to name it Zero since Geeky loves Nightmare Before Christmas and I like Mega Man X.

We went to the Crypt where things got wet from the thunderstorm. We noticed an E-Gate which I stole the manual for.

After that, Geeky had to go to the Kitchen, but along the way we noticed that a lot of mushrooms were gone in the Tree Root. I wonder if someone is going to try to relive the mushroom gas trick from last time.

When we're in the Kitchen, we see Smg2daisy preparing some food. She also had a Polterpup with her, so our doggos played together and it was adorable. Chibiki Daisy enters the Kitchen at some point, and seems a little nervous that a lot of people were around. She just looks in the fridge for food, but doesn't get anything. It was pretty awkward if you ask me.

Geeky, Zero, and I went to the Rumpus Room and hoo boy, what a mess. There was a beanstalk bursting through the floor, and below I could see that the Plant Nursery was below. I came here to burn the creepy doll, but someone already cut off the head, and it was rolling around on the floor.

We went down to the Courtyard via the beanstalk and saw an odd dip on the ground. Not sure what that has to do but someone made a mess for sure. We didn't pay much mind to it and headed up the Hollow Tree to 2F.

We came face to face with a lawn mower that was running by itself on the ground. It was pretty scary, and must have gotten to someone first, since there was some blood on the floor. We quickly went back to my room where I cuddled Geeky and pet Zero. He is a good doggo.

Investigate Chibiki's corpse

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games

...*wakes up holding a shovel in his room*
Okay... whew...

Oh boy, where to begin?

I wake up and exit my room, and I notice it is pitch black. Not wanting to be surprised and murdered, my first thought was to enter the Laboratories on the second floor to find something that will help me see in the dark. A flashlight or night-vision goggles, for example.

As I wander the darkness and enter the Courtyard, there's some... odd music playing out of tune, though it stops playing quickly. I proceed onward and take the Toolshed Stairs and I hear a door open above...

I am blinded! A flash of light enters the stairway! I couldn't see who opened the door or what made the light, but they had left soon after I regain my sight. Heh, rhyme.

I then continue into the Laboratory... to be greeted by a Venus Flytrap! Naturally, I ran back out, as I don't feel like getting eaten tonight. I end up tumbling down the stairs, I'm pretty sure I sprained my ankle. I had intended to trap the doors in the Tool Shed, but I'm just glad I managed to escape with my life. That plant looked incredibly hungry! I did manage to grab a shovel on my way out, as it was within reach as I exited.

For some reason, Bohemian Rhapsody was playing from somewhere and there's this odd dip in the Courtyard that I'm pretty sure wasn't there earlier. Finally, I make my way back up to the second floor, and I can see a lawn mower autonomously running around. Weird.

I remained on edge in my room the rest of the night, holding my shovel ready to attack anyone that came in. Thankfully, no one did, and I fell back to sleep soon after.

I'd like to return to the lawn mower and figure out how it's running on its own. Maybe bash it with my shovel if it's still running...

Ice Cream Man

• True to the art of Tech-Hop
  • Poll Committee
  • King Bowser
  • The Pyro Guy
  • And It Don't Stop
    • View Profile
    • watch my terrible videos
Where was the body dragged from?

fantanoice

• Vee vee
  • Power Star
  • I can see through time
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
Investigate around the Room VII entrance for any blood or other trails

I've got to go to bed to be up early tomorrow and I'll be busy for a lot of the day so I'll give you the tl;dr results.
- I saw Niney looking for stuff in the Gardener's Dwelling
- I saw MF on the bed in Gardener's Dwelling
- I saw Yoshiwaker with a lawnmower in the East Hall
- I took the Toolshed Staircase up to the Eerie Staircase.
- On the way I saw Hooded Pitohui playing on the pipe organ in the Conservatory
- At the Eerie Staircase I saw Roller passed out at the bottom and TPG passed out at the top. I got exhausted from walking up them that I also passed out for the rest of the night

I didn't see Chibiki at all the whole night. She did mention in Clockworks that she had to spend a lot of time in her room for her role so I'm suspecting the killer was another Clockworks player. Though not ruling out that it could be a switched on Gloomy player

Ask Me Stuff

Lord Bowser

• Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
    • View Profile
Investigate Chibiki's corpse
You perform a quick autopsy of Chibiki Daisy. Obviously, the first thing that catches your eye is the stab wound; it appears to have been deep enough to pierce her heart, likely killing her instantly. Some bruising on her body suggests that she was forced to the ground somehow. You notice that she has some soap on her person, and a knife hidden inside her clothes. She is dry.

I'd like to return to the lawn mower and figure out how it's running on its own. Maybe bash it with my shovel if it's still running...
The lawn mower is no longer running, but you look it over and see that its a typical gas-powered mower that is activated by pulling a cord and holding down a bar. The bar seemed to be held down with a thin rope, allowing it to run autonomously until it ran out of gasoline. The mower is wet.

Where was the body dragged from?
Studying the blood trail in Room VII, you see that it originates in the Hollow Tree (2F). Some stray droplets begin to go up the stairs to the Hollow Tree (3F), but quickly taper off.

Investigate around the Room VII entrance for any blood or other trails
You get mostly the same findings as TPG, though you do notice the floor around the trail is wet.

(credit to TPG)

(credit to Mr. Edo)

fantanoice

• Vee vee
  • Power Star
  • I can see through time
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
Is it wet from blood or water? Or other substance?

Ask Me Stuff

Lord Bowser

• Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
    • View Profile
Is it wet from blood or water? Or other substance?
Both, mostly water.

(credit to TPG)

(credit to Mr. Edo)