I hope Peach and Daisy will be playable in more Mario platformers.

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User
I really hope Peach and Daisy become playable in more Mario platformers. I mean Super Mario Run managed to implement them. There is no excuse that they shouldn't be playable in the next one. I mean if there is a new 2D Mario title on the Switch, I really want to see Peach playable again because there is no excuse, especially since Super Mario Run implemented her. The same goes with Daisy. If Peach and Daisy aren't playable in the next 2D Mario platformer, then I'd rage. Peach needs to have a turn to shine in a more mainline 2D Super Mario title since Super Mario Run doesn't do justice. Daisy also needs to appear in a mainline Mario title again as well since Super Mario Run isn't a mainline Super Mario title. New Super Mario Bros. Wii and New Super Mario Bros. U were missed opportunities for lame reasons. I would love to see Peach have access to other power-ups again (like she did in Super Mario 3D World and use power-ups she hasn't used before like the Ice Flower and Propeller Suit) and also have Daisy have a chance to use power-ups since she didn't in Super Mario Run due to that game lacking power-ups. Nintendo should know better and listen to their fans.

Well, Miyamoto said that in the NSMB series, they wanted all of the characters to have the same moves as Mario, which is why Peach isn't playable. But yes, i agree that Peach and Daisy should be playable. Peach colud be playable after Mario and co. rescue her (Like in SMR) and Daisy could be a unlockable character.

Daisy no, Peach yes.

YoshiEgg1990 said:
Well, Miyamoto said that in the NSMB series, they wanted all of the characters to have the same moves as Mario, which is why Peach isn't playable. But yes, i agree that Peach and Daisy should be playable. Peach colud be playable after Mario and co. rescue her (Like in SMR) and Daisy could be a unlockable character.
That would seem a bit acceptable but I'd like to see a new plot or have the Sprixie Princesses from 3D World be kidnapped again.

I'll take Peach over Toad 1 and Toad 2 any day. I kinda wish we could have another game with the 4 characters from SPM. Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser. But for Bowser the most I can probably hope for is a game or mode centered completely around him (think of a 3D game using Bowser's controls from the Odyssey capture but designed around it and an expanded moveset)

I'm also down for Super Princess Peach 2, as long as it keeps the charm of the original (and hopefully revisits Perry's story and gives it a proper ending)

i want another game like 3D World , with Peach being fully playable in 3D along with Rosalina.

That would be cool.

Daisy being playable in more platformers would be nice, but I'd accept a significant non-playable role first. That's how Peach and Rosalina started their platforming careers.
TRADITIOOOON, Tradition! Tradition! TRADITIOOOOOOOOON! Tradition! TRADITION!

if we wanna be technical Daisy had the exact same role as Peach in her debut , Rosalina had a more developed role and character in hers though.

Daisy already debuted in what you would call a main game, but her home as of now is party games.

The more the Marior

I just don't like it in 3D World when my friend wants to use Mario, my sister wants to use Toad, and my friend's brother wants to use Luigi so I'm stuck with the two most boring characters of that game.

I want Peach, but not Daisy. Nintendo could have put someone else instead of her in Mario Run. Maybe Pauline, with DK capturing her and the game would have a new boss battle. Or Rosalina, but not being captured. Just unlocked by doing a specific thing.

Princess Mario said:
The more the Marior

I just don't like it in 3D World when my friend wants to use Mario, my sister wants to use Toad, and my friend's brother wants to use Luigi so I'm stuck with the two most boring characters of that game.

How are Peach and Rosalina boring? They are cool in their own right. Peach's floating ability is very useful and Rosalina's spin jump attack is cool and makes it feel a lot like the Galaxy games. Peach looks lovely in different powerups and so does Rosalina.

I don't think she meant to say they were boring, onlt the most boring.

It's like comparing Mario Odyssey and Galaxy and saying "Odyssey is my least favorite of the two" which doesn't make it a bad game though.

Anyway, should Peach be playable in a main series?

Yes.

reminder Princess Mario can have an opinion (shocking i know) and if she thinks Peach or Rosalina are ''boring'' to play as or whatever then that's what she meant and it is what it is lmao

not hard to understand.

Czario said:
Am I correct that that's a Fiddler on the Roof reference?
You are correct! ;D I tried spanning it so that it worked with the tempo.

I know Daisy has already technically had a notable non-playable role in a main platformer, but that was also 30 years ago and I'd like something more recent.
(2019 is her 30th anniversary and I am HYPED even if nothing official is done to celebrate)

I think Peach and Daisy are better together. I don't understand the reluctance for Daisy whatsoever when the two have worked together for some time, making Daisy's absence in 3D World pretty weird if you ask me. If we see Peach and Daisy together, we have an opportunity to see this friend dynamic more, and it might make Daisy more interesting as a character. If you don't like her, just don't use her. It's a platformer, after all, you're not going to see her outside a few cutscenes.

Princess Mario said:
I think Peach and Daisy are better together. I don't understand the reluctance for Daisy whatsoever when the two have worked together for some time, making Daisy's absence in 3D World pretty weird if you ask me. If we see Peach and Daisy together, we have an opportunity to see this friend dynamic more, and it might make Daisy more interesting as a character. If you don't like her, just don't use her. It's a platformer, after all, you're not going to see her outside a few cutscenes.

I'm not a girl, but to be completly honest, i think that there should be playable girls for females to choose. Daisy seems like a great idea because unlike Peach, she doesn't have a long damsel-in-distress role. And alongside Rosalina, it will be perfect.

You don't have to be a girl to play as a female when the option of playing as male is presented.

I mean hello, I'm a guy who used to main Peach in literally everything and now I frequently play Isabelle in MK8D. You don't have to be a girl.

And henceforth, I decree that I have no problem with whatever important Mario character they add, so long as they actually have a reason to be here.

YoshiEgg1990 said:
I'm not a girl, but to be completly honest, i think that there should be playable girls for females to choose. Daisy seems like a great idea because unlike Peach, she doesn't have a long damsel-in-distress role. And alongside Rosalina, it will be perfect.
I think females like to go for cute characters, though they probably appreciate options to be female, as I think girls are more likely to pick girls. That's why you see Peach when promotional Mario items are gendered and directed at girls.

But I can't say exactly because I'm a girl and I use Mario unconditionally.

Everyone said:
You don't have to be a girl to play as a female when the option of playing as male is presented.

I mean hello, I'm a guy who used to main Peach in literally everything and now I frequently play Isabelle in MK8D. You don't have to be a girl.

And henceforth, I decree that I have no problem with whatever important Mario character they add, so long as they actually have a reason to be here.
Very true. I play as a lot of female characters in games. Heck in some franchises like Metroid or Tomb Raider, you have to play as a female (Samus in Metroid and Lara Croft in Tomb Raider).

Am a female, pick the guy characters more often than not. The only female characters I use are Toadette and Rosalina, I stick with like Baby Luigi and Baby Mario and Toad otherwise.

I don't usually pick the female characters in Mario games, but I've always used the girl Inkling (and Octoling) in Splatoon.

Princess Mario said:
I think females like to go for cute characters
One of my sisters always uses Toad, so I think you're right.

Just look at my favorite Mario character list

Baby Luigi
Baby Mario
Toadette
Toad
Boo
Bowser Jr.

All of them can be certainly considered small and cute. I don't even try picking them because of their cuteness I chose them because...idk I like them. Maybe their cuteness does have something to do with it?

Back