Author Topic: MAKG2: Gloomy Manor - COMPLETE: Tales of Soap and Spaghetti  (Read 8226 times)

Meta Knight

• Scourge of Darkness
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • Victory is my destiny
    • View Profile
Re: MAKG2: Gloomy Manor - Day 1: Beautiful Day, Less Beautiful Murder
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2018, 02:01:00 AM »
Investigate the Shed to see if there's any barbwire missing or anything like the thing by Pitohui's body.

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2018, 02:10:39 AM »
You check the glove compartment and under the seats, but you find nothing of interest.

Darn...

I'll just head back to the corpse, trying to determine if it was the sword or the fire that killed him.

Smasher

• Also known as me
  • Global Moderator
  • Mushroom Princess
  • Rest in peace, Walkazo
    • View Profile
    • Smasher Land
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2018, 02:27:57 AM »
Are there missing kerosene burners from the kitchen? How many?

There are no burners missing from the kitchen.

Pull out the sword and examine if it appears to be singed or has singed flesh attached to it

You pull the sword out of Pitohui's head. It does not seem to be singed, and only has a few wires attached to it.

Can I burn down the doors? Can I break the glass on the doors if there is any?

There are no glass in the doors, and you do not have anything to burn the door with.

Determine if TPG is still in the Library

Everyone is awake and investigating, so you can't see where everyone slept.

Grab a sledgehammer from the Garage and break down the Library door

You go to the Garage and grab the sledgehammer. You drag it to the Common Hall and try to break the door, but are unsuccessful due to something blocking the way. However, you are able to force the door open in the Kitchen with enough force.

You investigate the Library. A grand piano is blocking off the doors to the Common Hall, which is sealed with some strong tape. Tape also covers the doors to the Kitchen, but you just managed to knock it apart. Some books are in the fireplace, though they are oddly unharmed.

Investigate the Shed to see if there's any barbwire missing or anything like the thing by Pitohui's body.

You investigate the Shed for missing objects. A pair of boots, some candles, a fishing line, and a saw are all missing.

I'll just head back to the corpse, trying to determine if it was the sword or the fire that killed him.

You take another look at Pitohui's corpse, and simply recap what has been noted thus far: his body is burned, his head has a large wound, and the sword does not appear to be singed. Additionally, you look again and realize he is wearing a scabbard with a sword and has a small dagger in his pocket, both of which are singed.

The Pyro Guy

• Poll Committee Chairperson
  • Poll Committee
  • King Bowser
  • "no"
    • View Profile
    • watch my terrible videos
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2018, 02:32:23 AM »
-Wake up to Tucayo screaming about days or something
-Take my chestplate and wear it
-Go the the studio, take some tape and scissors
-Go to the empty library, seal it up
-Want to burn things so I throw books in the fire
   -I make sure to read them first in case they have any secrets
   -I also do it alone so I don't accidentally burn anyone to death
-Not that anyone could die from the fire since it's a fake fire
-Disgusted with the fire's illegitimacy I open the piano and find a Camwood plush inside
-During my time here I hear loads of people trying to enter the library
-Suckers
-Raregold was sneaky and checked in on me from the unsealed Library Loft
-Stare at each other until he leaves
-Sleep to the tunes of Castlevania

If the fire in the Library was a fake, Pitohui must've interacted with some other source of flame...

Check the Lab for any bunsen burners or other sources of fire

Check the bed in Room 4, comparing it to my bed in Room 8. Is it possible to tell if Room 4's bed has been slept in a lot more than Room 8's bed?

Compare a knight's spear from the Guard Hall to the wound in Pitohui's head

Check the Bathroom to see if the shower was actually used- are there any droplets of water around it?

Theory is that SGOW slept in all night so his bed should be more used than anyone else's
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 05:28:34 AM by Cap'n Cuttlefish »

BEEEEEAAARRRS

• 658 pieces
  • Power Star
  • Toadbert101
  • how about a rousing game of pool
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2018, 03:18:16 AM »
Check Foyer and Costume Room for the Bowser costume

Ninelevendo

• Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2018, 05:10:11 AM »
- Wake up and see MCD and Raregold, see Toadbert trying to make some messed up knock knock jokes.

- Go to the coatroom along with Geeky, dress up in my simply excellent Lee Chaolan suit so that I can paint in style. Raregold also comes in to quickly grab some stuff.

- Check around the Foyer for that ??? entrance while watching Bowser(?) sitting down looking bored, though he didn't seem to notice me, or do much really. See Turb going upstairs at some point.

- Head to the Studio after a while to begin the usual paint pranks, because who doesn't love paint. See Meta Knight and Geeky leave. Make a sick painting and grab a camera so that I can take a photo of my magnificent work.

- Head to the Common Hall and start another painting, see Dark Matter Swordsman(?) running out of the Guard Hall, heading the opposite direction to me. They're going too fast for me to make out any details but I managed to snap a picture of them.

- Go to the library to set up another sick paint prank that absolutely no-one would have seen coming, though the door's blocked. Sit down with the "I could've been victims of the paint prank" group of Turb, Alex95, Tucayo and Toadbert after taking a group photo. SMG2Daisy comes later with some food but I'm just said that I didn't get to paint anyone.

Shy Guy on Wheels

• Definitely on Wheels
  • King Bowser
  • Octagon?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2018, 05:39:26 AM »
My testimony:

Turboo

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2018, 05:41:12 AM »
Assuming SGoW AFK and no liars/errors in testimonies, Bowser at least cannot be the following people:
Me, TB, Ninelevendo, Geeky, MK, SGoW, Raregold, Alex?, some more I forgot but probably exist because of the logical flow of the timeline if I didn't *bleep* that up

MK and Raregold seem to have the biggest/weirdest gaps so far, but MK should also be with Geeky at the time Ninelevendo takes a picture of the dude, and TPG is probably staring at raregold then too, so idk.

Tucky might have seen the guy

TB -> DMX everyone up on 2f, go downstairs
Everyone upstairs -> wake up?
Gabby -> Afk in dining room
Ninelevendo -> Downstairs
MCD -> Downstairs in guard hall
MK -> Downstairs to guard hall, leaves before MCD does and the other two enter? Carves into my door and takes *bleep*
Bowser -> In foyer
Swordsman -> In foyer
MK -> Sees sword guy and bowser, but shower is on at this point for some reason even though I shouldn't have Geeky timelined to take one until later
Raregold -> MCD, Ninelevendo, TB in guard hall
TB -> Making knock knock jokes in guard hall, head to Garage
Raregold -> Upstairs to Study, get ink pen
Ninelevendo -> Go to Coat room
MCD -> Leaves somewhere
Ninelevendo -> Coat room, then go foyer to look around for *bleep*
Geeky -> Coatroom, then shower?
Raregold -> go in coatroom
Bowser -> In foyer still

Tucky -> Yell it's a beautiful day on 1f, wake up everyone except SGoW(?)
TPG -> Up, going to studio
Me -> Go to Garage
Pitohui -> Go to Garage
TB -> Moves
Pitohui -> leaves to staircase below zen path/above garage with wagon
Me -> Leaves to go to coatroom, asks raregold about succ
Raregold -> Sees MK, is asked about succ
TPG -> Library, sealing it up
Raregold -> Goes to library, then loft since library is sealed (MAY HAPPEN LATER IN NIGHT SINCE TPG HEARS PEOPLE BANGING ON THE DOOR BEFORE HE SEES RAREGOLD, LEAVING A TIMEGAP)
Bowser -> Still afk in foyer
Me -> Coatroom, MK has spear, I get costume and leave
TB -> Foyer again, going to coatroom, gets glasses
Me -> drills down ???, chills in there for a while

Me -> Leaves
TB -> Passes by as I leave
MK -> Leaves coatroom to studio?
Geeky -> Leaves bathroom to studio?
Ninelevendo -> studio? Uses paint at some point probably
Bowser -> Foyer
MCD -> Kitchen
Alex -> Kitchen
Alex and MCD -> Meal
Me -> Going to Parlor, getting stuff
TB -> AFK in front of library door
MCD -> Leaves
Ninelevendo -> Passing through to common hall, Ninelevendo sees me going up to parlor
Sword 🅱oi -> Running out of guard hall, going opposite direction of ninelevendo (To garage/entrance???)
Ninelevendo -> Sees him in common hall, takes picture
MK and Geeky -> Kitchen
Alex -> Leaves
Tucayo -> Near staircase above garage iirc
Me -> Interrupted by Tucky, we go to library but can't enter
MK and Geeky -> Patio
Alex -> Shows up at library door

MK and Geeky -> Return from Patio, go down hallway
Pitohui -> Go in patio, to kitchen?
Pitohui -> Go up dumbwaiter to Dining Room?
Gabby -> Throw dish at Pitohui, go balcony?
Raregold -> Still in loft, this timeline part is *bleep*ed up but he sees pitohui leave to lobby. He also stares at TPG or something, and leaves before night is over
TPG -> Doesn't see Pitohui in the loft?????????
Pitohui -> Leave to guard hall from Lobby?
------PITOHUI DIES???------

Gabby -> Foyer onlook orange ink, goes back to room??
Ninelevendo -> take picture, can't get in library
SMG2 -> Show up with food, then leave down hallway
Library kids -> Fall asleep listening to SotN soundtrack
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 05:44:41 AM by Turboo »

Ninelevendo

• Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2018, 05:52:37 AM »
Casual reminder for Turb to kill GBA for making Guard Hall and Bard Hall extremely similar.

Ninelevendo

• Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2018, 06:00:22 AM »
Also present all of my photos that I took for a fun slideshow

Meta Knight

• Scourge of Darkness
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • Victory is my destiny
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2018, 06:00:33 AM »
Investigate Under the Stairs if that's possible.

Turboo

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2018, 06:03:50 AM »
Is there missing kerosene in the garage?

The Pyro Guy

• Poll Committee
  • King Bowser
  • "no"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2018, 06:05:48 AM »
Compare circular burn marks to shape of helmet

probably will turn out to be nothing

Noisemaster

• It's ya boy ERNEST CLINE comin' up on you DEAD from READY PLAYER ONE!
  • Global Moderator
  • Celestial Guide
  • MrConcreteDonkey
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2018, 07:35:58 AM »
Here's my testimony :O

- I wake up and hear Ninelevendo, Raregold and Toadbert awake.

- Once I leave my room, I head to the Guard Hall and take some armour from a knight for protection (maybe one of them that's just missing a chestplate? I'm not sure how much I took). In this room I also met a Knight, and see Bowser (???) in a corner in the Foyer.

- Then I head to the Kitchen to make some lasagna (taking a frying pan and a knife to cut it with), and Alex95 is making pretzels. Once we're done, we share some food with each other. It's a v cute moment.

- Via the Zen Path, I return to Room 15 (my room) (I hope) to eat some BUT NOT ALL of my lasagna.

- I leave my room and, using my lasagna, smear a delightful message on Room 12's door.

- Using my high stealth, I hide in the hallway and watch out for anything that happens. I manage to see:
  - Geeky and Meta Knight returning to one of their room's (11) from the first floor.
  - Gabby returning to Room 10 from the Lobby
  - And, probably most importantly - Pitohui comes from the Lobby and jumps (as in, literally jumps) down to the first floor. Then I hear two very loud noises, a burning sound and a smash - which I'm guessing is when he died?

- I also notice some activity in Room 11 but I won't dwell on that

The Pyro Guy

• Poll Committee
  • King Bowser
  • "no"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2018, 08:00:08 AM »
Check the Foyer for a Bowser costume, and look inside it to see if there's anything propping it up

Hobbes

• Wiki Administrator
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • tucayo
  • Poll Committee Vice-Chairman
    • View Profile
    • The 'Shroom
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2018, 08:28:09 AM »
I'll share my testimony in about MA hour as soon as I get to work but in the meantime I'd like to check SGoW's room

Hobbes

• Wiki Administrator
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • tucayo
  • Poll Committee Vice-Chairman
    • View Profile
    • The 'Shroom
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2018, 09:42:08 AM »
I was up bright and early to be able to greet my fellow first floor neighbors. I knocked on their doors and yelled "WAKE UP, IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY!". Why? Because it is, murderous mansions be danged. I assume everyone appreciated it, because they all got up, with the exception of SGoW
After being the good neighbor I am, I went to the Music Room to set the mood and I started playing the Paper Mario soundtrack because I totally picture us in Boo's Mansion. I walked to the Garden, where I also saw S2d entering. We both went to the shed, I grabbed a fishing line and S2d also picked up some stuff but I couldn’t see what. We left the shed at the same time and I carefully watched her before doing my things; she drew a circle on the ground and placed candles on the ends, then left. As soon as she did, I sawed one of the dead trees and tied it to another tree so it would fall if someone walked across them (so that fallen dead tree is on me).
I walked to the Zen Path, where I saw Turb, who was coming down the staircase. I yelled “HOLD IT” at him to see what he was wearing (he was dress as Alucard). Even tho Turb seemed mad at me, we walked together to the Library, where we met with tb, who for some reason is wearing huge glasses and lets us know he’s a sk8er boi. Turb and I try to open the Library but fail miserably, so we join tb in doing nothing. MK and Geeky then go to the Patio and Alex comes in, joining us in doing nothing. MK and Geeky walk back in and go towards the hallway. Our dead friend HP then walks past us with his trolly and goes to the patio. Ninilevendo takes a photo of us for some weird reason, and also fails miserably in getting the Library open so he also joins us in doing nothing. Yay, our party is up to 5 now.
Here I saw S2d again, after being together in the Garden. She went through the patio and came back later with some chicken pie.
Turb has had enough of this and he takes out a phonograph to play Castlevania music. We continue doing nothing outside of the library for the rest of the night.

Noisemaster

• It's ya boy ERNEST CLINE comin' up on you DEAD from READY PLAYER ONE!
  • Global Moderator
  • Celestial Guide
  • MrConcreteDonkey
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2018, 09:51:08 AM »
Investigate the fireplace in the library, to discern whether it is fake or has been tampered with (or if anything's missing)[/b]

Check the books that are in the fireplace

Smasher

• Also known as me
  • Global Moderator
  • Mushroom Princess
  • Rest in peace, Walkazo
    • View Profile
    • Smasher Land
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2018, 10:02:32 AM »
Quote from: me
Investigate yourself and see if you forgot to list anything in the Kitchen

You look at your life and give a long sigh, before returning to the Kitchen. You point out that in addition to everything already mentioned, a pot is also missing, and there is a trolly with a cardboard box in the room. You sigh again before returning to Location 23.

Check the Lab for any bunsen burners or other sources of fire

Check the bed in Room 4, comparing it to my bed in Room 8. Is it possible to tell if Room 4's bed has been slept in a lot more than Room 8's bed?

Compare a knight's spear from the Guard Hall to the wound in Pitohui's head

Check the Bathroom to see if the shower was actually used- are there any droplets of water around it?

Theory is that SGOW slept in all night so his bed should be more used than anyone else's

You look in the Lab and do find some bunsen burners, but none of them appear to have been used last night.

You compare the two beds and notice there is a difference. In fact, the bed in Room 4 appears to have been slept in all night.

You compare one of the remaining spears in the Guard Hall to Pitohui's wound. They don't match up very well.

The shower in the Bathroom does appear to have been thoroughly used last night, and there are several droplets of water left behind.

Check Foyer and Costume Room for the Bowser costume

You find some Bowser costumes in the Coatroom, but none of the ones you find seem to have been used.

Also present all of my photos that I took for a fun slideshow

You present all of your photos. They show the following:

- Dark Matter Swordsman running in the Coatroom, holding a sword
- A painting of "Kirb"
- A picture of a wall
- A picture of a door
- A picture of Alex95, Toadbert, Tucayo, and Turb sitting in the hallway like bros

Investigate Under the Stairs if that's possible.

You investigate Under the Stairs. Here is the official description, which will be added to the opening post later.

A cramped area under the foyer stairs, as the name implies. There's a door to the foyer to the west, and a concealed door to the Patio to the East. A lone E-Gate sits in a nook behind the Foyer's aquarium.

Is there missing kerosene in the garage?

There is not.

Compare circular burn marks to shape of helmet

probably will turn out to be nothing

You compare the two and find that while the helmet is singed and smells of kerosene, there's no helmet-shaped mark on the floor.

Check the Foyer for a Bowser costume, and look inside it to see if there's anything propping it up

You do not find a Bowser costume in the Foyer.

I'll share my testimony in about MA hour as soon as I get to work but in the meantime I'd like to check SGoW's room

You check Room 4. Nothing appears to be out of place, and as said above the bed appears to have been slept in all night.

Investigate the fireplace in the library, to discern whether it is fake or has been tampered with (or if anything's missing)[/b]

Check the books that are in the fireplace

You check the fireplace and find out that the fire seems to be fake. The books in the fireplace appear to simply be a random stack of assorted books.

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2018, 10:31:27 AM »
- Dark Matter Swordsman running in the Coatroom, holding a sword

I head to the Coatroom and investigate further.