Mario Ports Thread

Moldomré

Moldomré. Emphasis on the "ome" despite the "é".
MarioWiki
Moldomre
What are your opinions on ports, and what games do you think should be ported to the Switch and/or 3DS?

I like ports, but I wish they wouldn't just steal from the Wii U all the time. Personally, I'd like a Super Mario 3D Collection with Super Mario 64, Sunshine, and the two Galaxy games. They would be revamped in HD and would be on the Switch only. I can think of plenty of extra stuff for them to add, which I won't list here unless you really want me to.

I'd love a DKC collection that has 1-3 and Returns.

I'd greatly appreciate a Paper Mario HD Trilogy, or at least one of them revisited. That's a series that I feel lost its appeal after the first 3 games, so a return to any of them would probably be way preferable to whatever the developers will probably come up with for a new game.

Also since they got Captain Toad working on 3DS, I kinda want them to port 3D World to the 3DS too, so we basically get the "3D" series marking both the entrance and farewells to the 3DS. Though the simultaneous multiplayer would probably have to be axed, I'm pretty sure each playable character could remain selectable.

They will never make an HD trilogy or at least they'll never call it that since as far as they are concerned all PM games are under one series title.

So if they did ever make a collection, it would most likely include all 5 of them.

Loved to have classic Mario Party remastered. Like 1-3 from the N64 era, and 4-7 in the Cube era.

I think Mario Party N64 should get a remake instead.

I don't mind there being a few ports here and there, particularly when they add new content, and of course they're perfectly understandable when a new console is released and needs to start building its game library, but I'm starting to get a little annoyed with the number of Wii U games getting ported at the moment. I understand that the Wii U was not hugely successful, so porting some of the games to allow more people to play them makes sense, but I personally feel at the moment the games going straight from Wii U to Switch don't have enough extra content to make it justifiable. I'd prefer to see ports from a range of consoles, whether as a standalone game with upgraded mechanics, graphics etc. or as part of a compilation, or at least more content being added to the Wii U ports.

Let's go all the way back to the Gamecube if we are talking about ports, before we go and scrounge some more Wii U ports (more of those can wait for a future date), because there are still quite a number of games that deserve to be re-introduced, such as the interesting Super Mario Sunshine and the fascinating Mario Party games.

Personally though, a port of all the Super Mario Advance games would be great, because their remakes are an upgrade from the original games, and all they need to do is to tone down the brightness of the games and we're good to go.

Thank you for reading.

Master of Dimensions said:
I'd greatly appreciate a Paper Mario HD Trilogy, or at least one of them revisited. That's a series that I feel lost its appeal after the first 3 games, so a return to any of them would probably be way preferable to whatever the developers will probably come up with for a new game.

Also since they got Captain Toad working on 3DS, I kinda want them to port 3D World to the 3DS too, so we basically get the "3D" series marking both the entrance and farewells to the 3DS. Though the simultaneous multiplayer would probably have to be axed, I'm pretty sure each playable character could remain selectable.

3D World would indeed work better on the 3DS (Touch and Mic capabilities would be retained) but it might be too large scale. However, I love the Paper Mario games and fully agree with both you and, sadly, Mcmadness. (No offense to you Mcmadness. Just sad that you're probably right.)

@Russian Baby Luigi; This would be perfect for me, as I've never really played any Mario Party games besides 9.

@BBQ Turtle; I agree with every point you made. You basically read my mind.

@winstein; Of course, why forget the underrated Gamecube? I've actually played some of the Advance games. I'd probably not buy that collection, since I'm awful at 2D Mario, but when I played them it was fun-ish.

@Shovel Knight; I'd rather just have a 3D Mario Maker. ;) :P I have ideas for that as well, for anyone who wants to hear them.

Did you even like 9?

Have you at least seen gameplay of the other Mario Party titles? I mean, you could like 9 more than the others because it's the one you started out with and therefore one that you're more used to.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Have you at least seen gameplay of the other Mario Party titles? I mean, you could like 9 more than the others because it's the one you started out with and therefore one that you're more used to.

The thing is, the last time I played 9 was like 6 or 7 years ago. I barely remember anything from it. I've watched a couple Mario Party 3 videos, but that's it. And it looks cool, despite the old graphics.

Back