Legend of the Three Caballeros

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
Awards Committee
MarioWiki
winstein

There's a neat little unknown show called "Legend of the Three Caballeros". As you can guess from the title, it features the Three Caballeros, consisting of the famous and familiar Donald Duck, the Brazilian parrot José Carioca and the Mexican chicken Panchito Gonzalez, and this time they are on a serialised adventure that is spanned a season, which would be 13 episodes.

The premise of this show is that Donald had more bad luck than usual, where he's lost his job, his house and even broke up with Daisy on the same day (on his birthday, no less). That is, until he received an inheritance from a relative to a new location, with whom he share with Jose and Panchito. The place the inherited has magical artefacts, including one that contained a ring containing the villain (that was sold to their rich neighbour Baron von Sheldgoose). The three also unravel a mystical book that released a trapped mystical character Xandra and from there the adventure begins when the villain has taken charge.

Notably, this show features the three characters front and centre, along with a few familiar and new characters included. Among the familiar characters, Daisy Duck is also here occasionally, and so is the Aracuan Bird. There are some surprise inclusions as well, them being Clinton Coot, who is only mentioned in Don Rosa's family tree but he's a key character here. There are also April, May and June, Daisy's nieces, and they are prominent characters here, even having speaking roles! Some new characters are also featured, which include Xandra and Baron von Sheldgoose.

The style of the cartoon is more like the Disney Afternoon cartoons of old, and veered closer to old Ducktales and QuackPack, so it's not stylised like the new DuckTales or the Mickey Mouse cartoons. And just so we are clear, the "human characters" are still dogfaces, while the actual humans are of a more mystical status.

Because it's not readily available, that makes this cartoon elusive since it's more traditionally styled compared to DuckTales or Mickey Mouse, and also due to it being available only on DisneyLive in Philippines. This being the internet, it didn't take long for word to spread, and for good reason too since this cartoon has a lot of good qualities. There's a possibility that this show might air during the 75th anniversary of the Three Caballeros, even though it might be a tease since more adventures are hinted at the end of the only season.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
It might even be a good companion to the current DuckTales, which I heard didn't feature Donald prominently, while also featuring a whole different cast of characters.
You're mistaken on this one, my friend. New DuckTales not only features almost exclusively the same cast as the old one, but also very heavily features Donald. He's in almost every episode, and very important to the overall plot.

Magilou said:
winstein said:
It might even be a good companion to the current DuckTales, which I heard didn't feature Donald prominently, while also featuring a whole different cast of characters.
You're mistaken on this one, my friend. New DuckTales not only features almost exclusively the same cast as the old one, but also very heavily features Donald. He's in almost every episode, and very important to the overall plot.

OK, thank you for pointing this out. Since I have not watched the new Ducktales, I didn't know about that.

Thank you for reading.

I guess I should post something related to the show so it's easier to understand how it looks. Here's the intro of that show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyvPVWt6sUM

Hobbes said:
I vividly remember watching many times a Three Caballeros movie as a kid. I quite liked it.

Based on my understanding, you meant the original Three Caballeros. Have you heard of this animated series, as in one with 13 episodes?

Thank you for reading.

Back