Super Mario Party

Super Mario Party is announced for the Switch during the E3, set to relase in October 5!

DfgNHaxUEAAUaOD.jpg

Artwork for the game

The random Goomba has to be the best part of this Mario Party.

Also, now Mario Kart's not the only game to get the "Super" title (and Mario Strikers), for this game got it too!

Thank you for reading.

EDIT: The Goomba avatar is a coincidence, really!

Out of all the characters for a host

they chose Toadette

WHY

Wow, Bowser is properly playable, I was kind of expecting that but yay it actually happened. Also Goomba and Pom Pom appear to be playable, I was really not expecting Goomba (Come on, Goomba has to be in Mario Kart 9 now), and Pom Pom, I would never have guessed her in a million years. They seem to have brought back just about everyone who's ever been playable, even Shy Guy, Diddy Kong and Hammer Bro are in there, except Kamek, Blooper, Birdo, Boo, the coloured Toads and Spike.

So no more numbers. I thought it was going to be Mario Party 11 to match Mega Man 11. But I just hope Mario Party is not going to be rapid fire like Mega Man, Street Fighter, Madden and FIFA like it used to be.

Roll and Maria Renard said:
I just rapid fire like Mega Man, Street Fighter
How are Mega Man & Street Fighter rapid-fire series? Mega Man has been dead for years, and Street Fighter sequels take a while to come out.

Propeller Knight said:
Roll and Maria Renard said:
I just rapid fire like Mega Man, Street Fighter
How are Mega Man & Street Fighter rapid-fire series? Mega Man has been dead for years, and Street Fighter sequels take a while to come out.
I was referring to the past during the NES/SNES era. Mega Man was rapid fire on the NES to take advantage of the NES's extended lifespan during the SNES and Genesis era.
Mario Party used to be the same during the N64 and GameCube era until the Wii era.

reminder this looks closer to Star Rush than we might think

Everybody so excited but they didnt notice we are recruting characters again. This time it seems like an hybrid of classic mario party with stars coins and items and star rush stuff.

cW5ITBi.jpg

Mario recruits Yoshi and Rosalina.

Also instead of starting out with Toads, you start with Mario characters. That's...good I guess. I did saw Mario roll a 0 in the trailer but I guess that I could be mitigated by having extra teammates. It's great that they're ditching the car though.

I don't see Toad and Toadette playable. I saw Toadette handing out a star, and god, if she's not playable....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pu9t5AL1Ss
Oficial trailer. The Mario Party 1-8 style IS BACK!

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Also instead of starting out with Toads, you start with Mario characters. That's...good I guess. I did saw Mario roll a 0 in the trailer but I guess that I could be mitigated by having extra teammates. It's great that they're ditching the car though.

I don't see Toad and Toadette playable. I saw Toadette handing out a star, and god, if she's not playable....

Toadette and Toad were also shown as NPC in the minigames

If it's Star Rush on steroids, I'm okay with that.

Bowser and goomba playable huh?

Neato.

I also found it strange they are ditching the numbers.

It's for marketing purposes.

People are more likely to buy something that doesn't have a large number on it.

The logo seems bland, I like the really flashy Mario Party logos with Mario fonts. Everything else looks great though, especially the artwork using Odyssey's style. Can't wait to get some Waluigi artwork in that style. And Bowser being fully playable is something I've honestly wanted for years. Maybe someone else will take his former role this time?

Koopa Kid

Even the boxart looks awfully bland

SMP_Boxart.png

I'm getting really cheap shovelware vibes from this. Mario Party boxarts are usually far better than this.

Back