Author Topic: Koops draws things and you should take looks or he's gonna be sad!  (Read 2201 times)

Isabelle

• Christmas puppy. Technically not a pup, but what would you call a dog this adorable?
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • Dog Waifu. Also 8 posh emotes reside here.
    • View Profile
Re: Koops' art thread. *Insert any sort of funny witty title here*
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2018, 01:29:22 AM »
Since you guys are such good boys (and girls, don't want to be sexist), here is a new comic strip for ya! I made this one two days ago, the same day I made "Nerfed since 2001".

Comic strip #3: "It's not Mewtwo". From the title alone, you can have an idea of two characters who appear in this one. Let's dive in, shall we?

: You know, when Brawl first came out... I really was happy I got in the roster there, ...but ...

: But what? Consider yourself lucky, Lucario! They had literally over 500 Pokemon to choose from at the time! What could possibly be wrong them choosing you?

: Woah there don't get me wrong! I love Smash, and even more being part of it since 2007! But, please, just listen!

: Ever since Sakurai announced my return to Smash 4, some people who mained me were happy, but then...

: The Mewtwo fans reacted!

: You won't believe me when I tell you many comments there were on that post, Greninja!

: They were all hate comments, which for Mewtwo, counted as support for him!

: Oh my Arceus! Dude, I knew people were salty, but not that salty!
: Sadly, there are!

: Now he's probably somewhere, laughing, drinking my tears!
: At least he's not trying to kill ya, or anything! He never killed a Pokemon, to my knowledge...

Well, except for tiny ones...

: Thanks... you're reassuring me, buddy...

: Giovanni? Leader of Team Rocket?
I need you to take care of this blue dog *bleep* thing!

Or else!

He took my place in Smash as the new "Badass humanoid Pokemon who shoots laser balls!"

All in all, that was a nice comic. Also I gotta say. Lucario with his ears down is simply just adorable. Although that is also the best Greninja I've drawn... alongside that other one that appeared earlier in this thread, in the Pokemon post.

Also, eighth panel, THE AWARD OF BEST EVER DERP FACE MADE BY A POKEMON GOES TO... I mean come on look at it!

Some of you may notice this... I actually tweaked the dialogue a little while I was writing this in. That's because I needed to make it a little better.

I am working on the fifth strip now, will post the fourth one soon. Until then... sit there and wait like a good boy!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 01:33:10 AM by Everyone »

Czario

• Am I Russian or Italian, though?
  • Dry Bowser
  • Luigi 64DD
  • I play Tetris, I guess...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2018, 12:40:53 PM »
Nice comics. My favorite is #2. The Fox face zoom-in is great and Fox being the classic Melee purist is so appropriate.

Isabelle

• Christmas puppy. Technically not a pup, but what would you call a dog this adorable?
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2018, 01:16:01 PM »
Yeah, I kinda took knowledge of the fact that it was an overused joke, so I did my best on actually telling it. And I knew zooming into a character's face was a nice way of making it look good nontheless.

"A Royal Mistake" was another one I saw lots of times on the internet, and I think the funny factor in it is Roy's initial reaction to seeing his name on the website and subsequent excitement.

As for "It's not Mewtwo" (btw this title is similar to it's not Melee) is another well known Smash meme that I felt like doing, partly because Lucario, and also because I figured it would be a nice way to incorporate Greninja as a funny character. You're gonna see some more of him.

And I am sure every character will get some sort of spotlight one day or another. I just... can't leave anyone from this all-star roster behind. They're that stellar group of characters you just love seeing together.

All in all, I'm really glad you like it, along with the other gentlemen who clicked on the like button, and that motivates me to continue.

Isabelle

• Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2018, 07:13:20 AM »
So why didn't I post anything yesterday?

I was away for almost all day, sillies! Buuuuuuuuut now that I have completed comic strip #5, I can now show you comic strip #4 (I just don't want to run out of content.)

Anyway, comic strip #4, "Kill-ager". No, it's not a guy who kills people who age, you all know where this is headed.

One more thing. Try to spot the EarthBound reference.

:Pi! Pichu! (Hey Guys! I'm back!)

: What's up with him?
: Pika! Pika-Pikachu! (Dunno! Must be that axe murderer meme!)

: Isabelle... where's my shovel?
: I lent it to Labelle, sir! Why?
: I forgot to bury the bodies!
: WHAT?!
: Uh... Ignore what you just heard!

So yeah. Villager is an axe murderer (or used to be anyway.)

Apparently. How should I know?

But, the point is, I don't think Isabelle liked the sound of that, and neither did Villager, now he's gonna always sound suspicious.

Well, here's hoping for him that Isabelle is easygoing (she is), because if not, he's in serious trouble.

I will show off #5 today, so hang on!

Oh and that Pichu stock icon was made by zanethedragon on deviantart. I used it, so um, yeah, there is the source of it.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 08:14:28 AM by Everyone »

Isabelle

• Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2018, 01:41:24 PM »
Guys...

Sorry...
I was writing a post to show you the fifth strip, but my Imgur account glitched hard on me and now I can't get the images I want to here. Don't worry, I saved a copy of my progress in my notes app, but until my Imgur is fixed, I can't give you stuff!

Sorry...

Isabelle

• Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2018, 04:48:03 PM »
Well... today... you get double.

I present to you, comic strip #5, "Any Brawl Meta vibes?" I could've chosen a better name.

In all seriousness... I don't know how powerful Ridley is gonna be in Ultimate. Who knows, will he at some point get banned from tournaments?

: So,... Mr. Ridley? Thank you for coming to this interview on such short notice! The fans really wanted to ask some things!
: Yeah so first of all, I wanna thank y'all for showingyour support ever since the Melee days! Makes me feel loved!
Ask Away!

: What were your thoughts initially when you got invited?
: Well, at first, I thought the Master Hand was trollin' as us', but dang, he was dead serious! I couldn't contain myself to be quite honest!

: However, something manages to really piss me off, despite the fact that I actually got in!
I don't know about you, but I think Nintendo portrayed me as an animalistic murderer! And I am CLEARLY not that!
Villager is though, I can feel it in his eyes!

: Ok... and what makes you say that exactly?

: They made me kill MegaMan AND Mario on camera! I mean sure, it was faked out, but it passed on a bad image of me!

: You do know that they want to stay true to the games, right? Not the actual Ridley!

: Bro! You're right! This is what Smash is about! I shouldn't be myself! I gotta unleash my inner Space Pirate!
: Good boy, Ridley!

: That moveset looks so sick on me! And that Down Special! And that FINAL SMASH!
Ask Away!

I got a little lazy at the last panel, but hey, I've been making this post since forever, so please don't rant about it, would you?

At do you guys think of these so far? I got an especially hilarious one waiting at #7.

Until the next one tho, see ya!

Isabelle

• Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2018, 06:08:58 AM »
I... have been kinda shaky about this one, but if I want this thing to go on, I have to show it for the sake of continuity. I found it funny at first, but then it kinda wore off what it originally had to me, even if it's still good by my standards.

Before we start, disclaimer: I do not intend to offend ANYONE in any way through this comic, even though the concerned group of people in question don't appear in big numbers around here. This is just a fun little thing, and is purely satirical. That being said, if you're a furry, don't feel offended by this.

I just want to be safe here...

Anyway, here ya go! Comic strip #6, "We need another one."

Mr. Sakurai! Two Pokemon are requesting to see you!
: Really? Let them in, then!

: So you're two of the three starters in the upcoming X & Y, is that it?

: First of all, Mr. Sakurai, we learned human language just to come see you, so listen nicely to us!

: Anyway, we know the Gen 6 games haven't been released yet, but...

: WE WANT TO BE IN THE NEXT SMASH BROS!!!

: Well, I wanted a new Smash Pokemon anyway!

: But only one of you! I've been adding too much Pokemon to the series lately!

: We must take into consideration some things here... having unique attributes -which you no doubt both have- and popularity, which all starter Pokemon have...

: And reception, which we unfortunately don't have at the mo-

Other guy: Mr. Sakurai! About that, the game was leaked and people started making fanart!

: OH DEAR LORD!

: C'mon now, don't feel so down! It's just that when it comes to furry Pokemon, wether the fanart quality is good or bad, its content mostly isn't always friendly to innocent eyes, to say the least! Thing is, Sakurai already got a furry Pokemon in there and you can't believe how much that one was a target for these kinds of things! And now notice how one could see a Braixen being female... you get the picture!
And the fact that you as an individual are female only strengthens my point!
: You're not helping!

I'm gonna die because of this one. I kinda wanted to go for another one, but once I'm done with something, I really don't like the idea of undoing it. These take time to make.

But maybe you won't think it's so bad, so you're the judges. I personally like it, I just don't know if you will.

Also Sakurai appears here! How can you not think that is cool?

But the next one is the best one I made so far, so brace yourselves!

Czario

• Dry Bowser
  • Luigi 64DD
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2018, 07:34:15 PM »
Greninja looks pretty smug in that last panel. He's lucky that that part of the internet doesn't focus on him (though I doubt he's totally immune, but let's not dwell on that thought).

Isabelle

• Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2018, 12:23:05 AM »
Yeah...

Better not...

Anyway, it is time for the best I've made yet, and probably the most original idea I ever had for a comic strip.

Comic strip #7, "Party Cloudy".

: Hey, everyone! Thanks for coming! I had planned a game of Dungeon Master for us to enjoy! Anyone new to this game?

: Yes, Cloud?
: I never played that game!

: Rules are simple: In every situation to which you are exposed, you will have to respond with one of your abilities, ok?
: Yeah, ok!

Author: Look, I know it's not that simple, but let's just say there is some behind the scenes explaining, ok?

: So, you start out in the woods, you somehow woke up there... suddenly, primids start falling from the skó
: UP AIR!

: Then, you come face to face with a...

: It's a trap! A sawblade...

: Cloud, you reached the first boss! Roll the dice to attack!

: Cloud! You've reached the limit! No more Up Airs!

: But I don't reach limits...
I break them!

: I sure hope you have decent recovery!

So?

I know that Cloud's Up Air is a pretty powerful move, so let's spam it!

I can't say anything more about this other than I'm tellin' ya, this is the best one so far.

And me adding Lucario here for the second time in this series kinda looks biased because a lot of characters haven't been featured yet, but there is a reason: he and Snake were Meta Knight's partners during the Subspace Emissary, nuff said, enjoy!

Isabelle

• Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2018, 04:07:12 AM »
Well, that was the easiest one to make, and somehow it's the one that got the most delayed.

dang you camp.

Anyway, comic strip #8, "The Internet is full of Links."

: You know... something always bothers me...

: So here's Young Link, who split the timeline... which puts him here!

: And here is Toon Link, who is the first in the Adult timeline, so he is right... here!

: So there'z one thing I wanna know Nintendo...

: HOW COME I AM THE OLDEST LINK DESPITE BEING IN THE END OF ALL TIMELINES?

I know I used TP Link's stock icon for this, but even he is towards the end of the Child timeline, so... take it either way.

So Link is still the (mostly) silent protagonist. Doesn't talk much. Which is why he doesn't have speech bubbles in the first few panels. He's not actually speeking, rather making us know what he wants to say.

You know, like Mr. Bean!

And yes, this was made before BotW's official confirmation in the timeline, but look, I watched MatPat's video, ok? And that was the one that said that BotW was at the end of the Downfall timeline, ok?

Well, at least we know it's in all timelines now.

Czario

• Dry Bowser
  • Luigi 64DD
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2018, 01:01:36 PM »
I don't think it's in all timelines, I think they're just letting people decide where it is themselves except that it has to be at the end of a given timeline. I think they should've just said it takes place at the end of the Downfall timeline because that makes way more sense than the other two.

Isabelle

• Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2018, 02:16:20 PM »
Yeah probably. Always seemed right, especially with the Lynels and the yellow stripe on the cap.

Hooded Pitohui

• "Warning: Long"
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Blooper
  • Dreaming of Electric Sheep?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2018, 08:57:53 PM »
Hey, Koops, don't forget to post your full-size Chibi-Koopses here!  They're really great and have some cool details and it's a travesty we had to shrink them down.

Isabelle

• Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2018, 01:13:25 AM »
True. I spent time on each of these lil' Koopsers, so might as well give them Chibis some time to have fun in the sun.

This one appears one the Paper Mario version of Toad Town. As previously mentioned, it was significantly nerfed, even more than Snake's ass for this picture because otherwise, he would simply be too big.

Notice how it reads Mario Story? The book? Yeah?

I'm not gonna get recognition for these kinds of references though.

Anyway, this next one is the RoguePort Chibi Koops.

It says... pocket empty... because RoguePort... I mean yeah it kinda plays a role in the dialogue.

Next is probably my favorite of all the Koopsy-Daisies, Sunshine Chibi Koops.

And the best part is, he didn't bump into any modifications whatsoever.

Next is... Galaxy Chibi Koops, praising God's gift to us that is Mario Galaxy.

And last one is... Odyssey Chibi Koops, still salty about the recency bias.

So yeah, have these Chibi Koopses. I think I might go for that style forever actually, really looks better on my character.

Hope you like these, because you'll see more of these.

Isabelle

• Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2018, 01:34:48 AM »
Welp... I guess I gotta show you the next comic strip now. I got three ready after that one anyway. Sorry for the recent inactivity, I will try to show off more of the stuff in a frequent basis.

I present to you, comic strip #9, "Buff that Puff!". Y'all know where this is headed, I suppose.

: First, that blue-haired peasant comes in, then that dumb angel, and I get kicked out!
:Roy... Calm down!

: What? I'm getting shafted for other Pokemon? But I'm the best Pokemon! What is wrong with the humans?

: It's a riot down there!

: Well yeah! For the first time in Smash, characters are getting cut!

: Pikaaah! Chu! (I wouldn't worry about that! We're way too popular!)

: We?
: Pika! (Yeah, us original 12! From the first Smash!)

: Uh... Sorry to prove to wrong, but...

We're only 11!

Out you go! And if you come back in... you're getting nerfed!
: Jiggly?

Narration: Fortunately for her... she got inside just in time, albeit a lot worse...
: Snif... snif... Jiiigallyy... puff! *sobbing*

Ouch...

Am I a sadistic tough Lucario murdering a poor helpless little Jigglypuff from the inside?

*bleep*... Sorry Jiggs... Aw man... makes me wanna hug her and carry her back in at the expense of her dropping in the tier list... which happened? A moment of silence in memory of the time when Jigglypuff was not on the bottom of the tier list.

You know... I'm giving her a try in Ultimate... it also sounds like she's finally been buffed there.

Well, the next couple of comics are great! No seriously, they're about the funniest I did yet! Maybe not as funny as "Party Cloudy", but they're up there!

See ya then!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 04:41:39 AM by Lucario »

Czario

• Dry Bowser
  • Luigi 64DD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2018, 04:13:14 PM »
So yeah, have these Chibi Koopses. I think I might go for that style forever actually, really looks better on my character.

Hope you like these, because you'll see more of these.
Hmm, these are alright, but I don't think you should totally dump your old style. Maybe you could keep both, using one or the other depending on the situation.

: What? I'm getting shafted for other Pokemon? But I'm the best Pokemon! What is wrong with the humans?
You changed what Mewtwo says here, but actually I think the one in the drawing is funnier. It still gets the point across that Mewtwo thinks he's the best while saying it in a subtler and more humorous way.

Isabelle

• Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2018, 11:53:10 PM »
Huh. Feedback.

For the Chibies, well, ok, besides I never thought of completely abandoning Human proportioned Koops. Don't Worry.

As for the Mewtwo thing... I changed it because Lucario appears in one of the next comics that I finished, and in the one I'm making now, which is, I swear, not biased at all because he just fits so well the situation. Instead of removing one of his appearances, I thought I'd remove a mention of him.

Even with the new text, you can still kinda see him.

I just thought it would affect my comics to have Lucario appear more than he has to. I love him, out of 800 Pokemon he's the best, but I also gotta make it so that it's fair for other characters in the comic.

Isabelle

• Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2018, 01:37:10 PM »
Heeeeeyyyyyy...

I have an excuse for not posting earlier.

This comic strip is literal hell to work with. It's entirely Fire Emblem characters, so my drawing skills are put at test, it has lots of dialogue and lots of panels, more than the others. But it's still a cool comic like I promised it would be.

And now I actually... finished with comic strip 16... I think I'll have to list our progress so far. Here is what's written somewhere in my Notes application.

Characters that have yet to be featured in a comic strip:

-Donkey Kong.
-Dark Samus.
-Yoshi.
-Kirby.
-Ness.
-Peach.
-Daisy.
-Sheik.
-Zelda.
-Falco.
-Ganondorf.
-Mr. G&W.
-Pit.
-Dark Pit.
-Wario.
-Red.
-Squirtle.
-Ivysaur.
-Charizard.
-Diddy Kong.
-Lucas.
-Sonic.
-King Dedede.
-Olimar.
-R.O.B.
-Wolf.
-MegaMan.
-Wii Fit Trainer.
-Rosalina & Luma.
-Mii Fighters.
-Palutena.
-PacMan.
-Shulk.
-Bowser Jr.
-Duck Hunt.
-Ryu.
-Corrin.
-Bayonetta.
-Inkling.
-King K. Rool.

Characters that have already been featured in a comic strip:

-Mario.
-Link.
-Samus
-Fox.
-Pikachu.
-Luigi.
-Captain Falcon.
-Jigglypuff.
-Bowser.
-Ice Climbers.
-Dr. Mario.
-Pichu.
-Marth.
-Lucina.
-Young Link.
-Mewtwo.
-Roy.
-Chrom.
-Meta Knight.
-Snake.
-Ike.
-Lucario.
-Toon Link.
-Villager.
-Little Mac.
-Greninja.
-Robin.
-Cloud.
-Ridley.
-Simon.
-Richter.

Other characters:

-Isabelle.
-Masahiro Sakurai.
-Braixen.
-Doc Louis.
-Shovel Knight.
-Waluigi.
-BomberMan.
-Krystal.
-Knuckles.

You might notice some new faces here. Yes, I actually drew these characters, those filed under "Characters that have already been featured in a comic strip" and "Other characters". We already have a pretty solid alignment there.

Let's not drag on. Comic strip #10, "Tip of the Iceberg" (which is, by the way, inaccurate if we take the concerned Tip into consideration) coming right up!

: It's amazing that we just got in, right Robin?

: Of course, Lucina! Getting in Smash is an honor anyone dreams of! The best there is!

: Wait... Is that who I think it is?

:IT'S THE HERO KING HIMSELF!
: Lucina! Wait up!

: It's great to finally meet you in person, Lord Marth!

: And you are?
: Oh yes! How rude of me!

: I am Lucina, daughter of Chrom! Your descendant!
: Didn't know they were still accepting Fire Emblem characters!

: Whoever you are, congrats on making it here! I think I heard a deal about you...
: Thank you! May I take a look at your sword?

: Of course! Here, look as much as you want, Lucina!

: Um... Marth... you sure about that?
: What's so wrong with lending my sword to my bloodline?

: I think I recall something rather... dreadful about it... but I can't quite put my finger on it!

: And those legends about the tip of it! Are they true?
: Uh... Lucina, I would be more careful with that! You don't know how powerful this relic could...

: Your daughter... yes, Mr. Chrom, who is from my lineage... she's alright! ... Injured... yes... badly... mmmaybe... but that's Smash! You'll see when you get there! Not that easy! There's all these powerhouses who come from everywhere, accidents are bound to happen! It's normal, no worries! I went through worse...

WHEW!!!!

That took a long time to edit... dude... Also I didn't bother shrinking the icons down, it takes way too much time. Besides, they look just right. It's hard just to make the post and post it here, but hey it's here! Enjoy it!

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special

• "It's Christmas again. It will never be the sa-a-a-a-ame. I know there's only sadness in my so-o-o-o-ul."
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2018, 07:51:05 PM »
While I like to take a little peer at your thread, I'd recommend lowering the resolution on your images, as long as the text and drawings remain clear, just to ease the load time. I'd also suggest putting your posts in spoilers, just so it's easier to navigate through your material.

I see you're making the effort to draw characters though. I can promise your ability to draw will improve the more you do it and make an effort. :)
"Mario begins his ascension to the celestial realm, Luigi spontaneously becomes a twitching pile of boneless flesh and Daisy is nonchalantly like 'this is fine'." -NanoRim

Isabelle

• Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2018, 09:59:23 PM »
Ah yes I can feel myself improve, especially since a lot of these characters require a lot of attention not to screw up. You have to be extremely careful with some of them, because there are characters that only need one tiny little mistake to become a pile of messed up scribbling.

But I'll take everything else you said, you're right, I should put them in spoilers, abd that's spmething I noticed recently. How can I reduce resolution though, I'm doing all of this on a phone, since it's the quickest way to upload things here... and saying this way is the quickest doesn't even actually make it quick, just quickest.

But, thanks a bunch for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I hope you look forward to... well... look at more stuff on here.