Author Topic: Mario Awards Killing Game 2: Despair Moon (7/15 start, check back for updates!)  (Read 5375 times)

Mintiously

• Gabriel
  • Dry Bowser
  • GabbyHayes
  • >> Not afraid anymore!
    • View Profile
Hype to play a game I've never played before and will most likely die Round 1 :wario:
Ditto.
Howdy.

Roller

• A1 Sauce
  • Shy Guy
  • rollerC
    • View Profile
    • Roller Rink Discord
The first KG I ever played (a game full of first-time players) was totally dominated by a friend of mine, and even though he and I got to the last night and were the Final Two, I had no chance of winning.
because somebody prefers Despair over Hope @Roserade

Duskull

• Spooky Ghost
  • Retired Wiki Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Yoshi876
    • View Profile
Hype to play a game I've never played before and will most likely die Round 1 :wario:
This happened to me. Don't worry about it, you'll be resurrected and then subsequently die about 8 more times.

Arataka Reigen

• The Greatest Psychic of the 21st Century
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • 100% Legit
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Awards Killing Game 2: Despair Moon (replacements needed!)
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2018, 05:07:16 PM »
We've been working towards finishing the game for a start date of July 15th, sending out roles on the 14th.

I know this will be unpleasant to hear, but... that kind of worries me.

Like, July 15th is two days before the awards polls close, and assuming the game will probably run for about a month or so, it seems like this game will be pretty much congruent with the time presentations are going to be worked on. I'm registered for backup, and judging by the current gaps on the sign-up sheet I will be very busy during that time.

This was not an issue for me when the starting date was speculated to be mid-June, but under these new circumstances I don't know if I can stay in this game.

Gilgamesh

• Gate of Babylon
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • GBAToad
  • do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
    • View Profile
We've been working towards finishing the game for a start date of July 15th, sending out roles on the 14th.

I know this will be unpleasant to hear, but... that kind of worries me.

Like, July 15th is two days before the awards polls close, and assuming the game will probably run for about a month or so, it seems like this game will be pretty much congruent with the time presentations are going to be worked on. I'm registered for backup, and judging by the current gaps on the sign-up sheet I will be very busy during that time.

This was not an issue for me when the starting date was speculated to be mid-June, but under these new circumstances I don't know if I can stay in this game.
Yeah, this is understandable. All I can do is apologise on behalf of the other hosts and I for the inconvenience, and if you need to drop out then thats okay.

However, we plan to take a break for at least half a week (probably more) before the Awards Ceremony takes place in light of this, and have been given permission to push into September if time allows.

Due to the split nature of the game, expect that the cases will be much easier for us hosts to handle right from the get-go, and as such I expect zero delays in the system. This means, optimally, the first two games will be completed in roughly 12 days, which I'll round up to 2 weeks accounting for any potential problems. We're still finalising the player count for Ghost KG (we expect it to be between 8-12 depending), and that will run for another 9-12 days to completion, then the final round in Treacherous will begin after the Awards Ceremony. When ghost KG is completed, we'll halt the games so people can focus on presentations if needed, and resume once the event has concluded.

Treacherous Mansion will last at least 3 weeks, which will take us a little overtime into September (a week at most) There isn't much we can do about this at the moment, so if this also compromises your ability to play, then that's also understandable.

Again, apologies for the delays, but we do have this mapped out and ready to go moving forward.

Arataka Reigen

• The Greatest Psychic of the 21st Century
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • 100% Legit
    • View Profile
Half to a full week is not going to work for me. The current amount of unclaimed presentations is 25, and split evenly between our two backups, this would right now leave me with 12.5 presentations to do in that time frame. I expect the actual number to go down somewhat still, but even if it's only 5 or 6, that's still a lot of presentations to cram into one week. On top of that I will also have to devote some time to MC Games, and between all of that I don't think I can do this anymore. Mid-June was the time for me.

I am very, very sorry, I really am. I wish you all the best.

I have to drop out

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
  • give it up for loud noises
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Awards Killing Game 2: Despair Moon (replacements needed!)
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2018, 12:48:59 AM »

Apologies for the long wait, there have been a few issues in planning, but everything is now sorted. If anything comes up between now and our expected start, we'll let everyone know.

Thanks for being patient  :luigi:
To avoid any confusion: we pushed back role-sending. You'll receive them on the 15th, as well as the maps.

We'll also start the game on the 15th! First night phase will be 48 hours to accomodate for time to study maps and roles, but the game is kicking off tomorrow!

Mintiously

• Gabriel
  • Dry Bowser
  • GabbyHayes
  • >> Not afraid anymore!
    • View Profile
It's today!
Howdy.

Lord Bowser

• Super High School Level Bowser
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • "It's funny because we're all living in a simulation and free will is a lie."
    • View Profile
It's today!
Not quite.

We must delay the game by one extra day in order to ensure all maps and gimmicks for the games are in order, and due to personal reasons on behalf of the hosts. We will still send out rolecards today, though accompanying images will unfortunately also have to come later for maximum quality.

You all will receive your rolecards shortly. Once all rolecards have been sent out, please confirm you have received one in this thread. A message will be posted here upon all rolecards being sent out. The Gloomy Manor and Old Clockworks game threads will both go up tomorrow.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and we hope you understand. Regardless, we hope you get a kick out of your role and enjoy the Killing Game!

(credit to TPG)

(credit to Mr. Edo)

Mayan Ryan

• jav told me this was a good idea
  • Star Spirit
  • Yoshiwaker
  • why did i listen to jav
    • View Profile
First PM in a year and a half FeelsGoodMan (role recieved)

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
  • give it up for loud noises
    • View Profile
If you're one of the fifteen people in the Old Clockworks, you now have a PM from me telling you your role!

Smasher

• Also known as me
  • Global Moderator
  • Mushroom Princess
  • Rest in peace, Walkazo
    • View Profile
    • Smasher Land
All 15 players from Gloomy Manor should now have a role pm from me!

Turboo

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
i have it

The Pyro Guy

• Poll Committee Chairperson
  • Poll Committee
  • King Bowser
  • "no"
    • View Profile
    • watch my terrible videos

(i got it)

Nabber

• Mushroom Attendant
  • nabber
    • View Profile
you're going to regret giving me this role

Kaguya Shinomiya

• O kawaii koto...
  • King Bowser
  • Mariofan169
    • View Profile

YAAAAAAHOO! This is going to be the most hypest thing since that gig of mine where the venue went kablooey!

In fact, this can be a ripe time for musical inspiration....Ibuki thinks she's going to make a song called "I'm Trapped With A Bunch Of Murderous Psychopaths And I've Never Felt Better!"

BEEEEEAAARRRS

• 658 pieces
  • Power Star
  • Toadbert101
  • how about a rousing game of pool
    • View Profile

Meta Knight

• Scourge of Darkness
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • Victory is my destiny
    • View Profile

Shy Guy on Wheels

• Definitely on Wheels
  • King Bowser
  • Octagon?
    • View Profile

Kept you waiting, huh.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 02:10:45 PM by Propeller Knight »

Junko Enoshima

• Ultimate Despair
  • Poll Committee
  • Blooper
  • Fun With Despair
  • Killing Game Founder
    • View Profile

Now THAT's a role! Whoever's running must be crazy, there's no way anyone'll be getting away with murder with an investigative role like THIS in the game.

You guys can thank me later.