Working on a new song

rollerC

Bob-omb
Pronouns
Use name
Hey, I've been working on this song for a while, but I've gotten to the point where I have no idea where to take it. Any feedback/suggestions/redirects for the second part would be much appreciated.

The main part I'm looking at is marked "Shit Gets Real" and I'm trying to make a slight mood change where the song sort of gives off the feeling that the challenge that's happening during the song is insurmountable, but I don't know what to do with the backing or melody. And I'm thinking it needs another instrument, but again, I don't know what it would be.

If it helps, I'm in the key of A major. If you don't have a great understanding of the inner workings of music that's fine, I'm just looking for any feedback at all.

I'm here to say that spacey electronic music and also pianos are :bowser::thumbup:

I feel what you mean by wanting something more to it. Around the 1:00 mark where it drops down to just a few things and then picks up some more, I feel like it should continue adding more stuff like how 0:16-0:24 goes but right now it just plateaus from 1:08 to the end. Either that or just slap it with a harder drop at 1:08. I'll give it a good think and if I come up with something I'll come back.

Sounds good. Someone gave me the idea to make the second part a “cooldown part” where the song kinda chills out for a while, and then introduce a hard drop into a third part, but I haven’t tried that yet and I’m still interested to hear other opinions. If you come up with any more ideas I’d be more than happy to hear them :)

Back