Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong

There's a rumor going around regarding upcoming Pokémon games on the Switch. These "leaks" have been gaining a lot of traction and the Pokémon Company just filed trademarks for these titles. This is pretty similar to what happened with Sun and Moon whose titles were leaked via trademark and then revealed later. Bulbapedia, Serebii, Emily Rogers, and GameXplain all seem to be under the consensus that this is real.

According to this rumor:
-The games are remakes of Pokémon Yellow
-Red and Blue are characters, but are not the player and rival this time
-Pokémon walking behind you again
-No HMs. Just Pokéride.
-Online hub for players
-A lot of Pokémon Go focus. Rewards are given for linking Pokémon Go to this game and apparently catching works like it does in Go. There will be a tie-in accessory that works with both.
-2018 release

I'm not exactly looking forward to this if it is real. I've wanted a Yellow remake for some time, but Pokémon Go style catching? An instant hype killer. According to the supposed leaks we'll be hearing official news on this game by the end of the month. We'll just have to wait and see.

Re: Pokémon Let's Go! Pikachu and Let's Go! Eevee

To be honest, I'm kinda not surprised this is the direction they took with this. Pokemon Go was such a big craze for at least for the first few months it was out when it came out with just most of the Gen 1 Pokemon. It's probably the biggest spike of interest in Pokemon in the mainstream since when it was a phenomenon in the late 90s-Early 2000's. Gamefreak and The Pokemon Company must of had dollar signs in their eyes when they realized they could probably profit big if they brought the series back to Kanto for the first Pokemon game on the successful Switch as well as link it to Pokemon Go in some way (Even if Go's popularity has definitely faltered from when it first launched)

That said there is still some room for it kinda being a continuation from Sun and Moon. You don't play as Red according to the rumored details. And both Red and Blue appear in the game at some point. Plus didn't the ending of Sun and Moon tease Lillie heading to Kanto? Could still very well be connected. It just comes coincidentally at a time where the Pokemon company decides to try to fully embrace the nostalgia for the first generation.

This is nothing but a turn off for me. I don't play Pokemon Go at all and what little I've played bored me to tears. Hoping this is 100% fake because it sounds like shit and Game Freak is foolish if they somehow think the main audience of Go is suddenly going to drop $360+ to buy a Switch and the game. All I see is them alienating people that actually play the mainline games, imo.

I'm also not surprised Game Freak has regressed to sucking Gen I's dick again either.

Hot take
Gen 1
not that good.

the last thing we need is another gen 1 remake

I don't really get the idea of a year in advance
being like
hey we're making a mainline pokemon game
it's a pokemon yellow remake
and then the saddest confetti cannon blows.

Ant-Man said:
I don't really get the idea of a year in advance
being like
hey we're making a mainline pokemon game
it's a pokemon yellow remake
and then the saddest confetti cannon blows.

to be fair i'm fairly sure the only reason they announced pokemon switch when they did is because everyone convinced themselves pokemon stars was real and then promptly threw a hissy fit when the only pokemon announced in the pre-e3 pokemon direct for switch was pokken dx so they had to throw in a 'don't worry guys pokemon switch is coming one day eventually' to quiet them down

also as an aside even if it is supposed to be a pokemon yellow remake i feel like they probably won't market it as that. otherwise why would they name it 'let's go! pikachu' instead of 'electric yellow' or something similar?

I can't help but feel that there's not enough new and exciting new things to be introduced when they were to release such a game. Unless it's truly Generation 8, if they were to stick to Generation 1 Pokemon, it would probably only stick with new things that are already present in Pokemon Go, such as the method of throwing Poke Balls. Maybe they would also have evolutions of old Pokemon like Crobat and Blissey, but I suppose that's to the extent of the new games. I hope I'm wrong and it's a full blown new game with a lot of new on top of the old.

Thank you for reading.

Ironically, this may end up being the first Pokemon game I play since I have a friend who doesn't have a Switch but is a huge Pokemon fan. She is thinking of buying Pokemon and playing it on my Switch while I'll be able to play her copy at no cost, which would be a win-win for everyone.

Well, the rumors were true.

Gamefreak has cofirmed this is not the core, mainline pokemon game for the Switch and that this is just a spin-off. Only original 151 are available plus one brand new pokemon. No battles with wild pokemon but there are trainer battles.

I'll keep an eye on it just to see if it's going to turn out bad or not, I'm kind of indifferent to it for now.

Looks super cute and a good one for the kiddies. Probably would like it way more if I was still 8 yrs old and could co-op with my siblings but such is life. I'll probably grab Eevee because she's such a boss.

The thing I'm not sure about is how you are meant to level up in it. My favourite way to play Pokémon is Nuzlocke so if this is like Go where you catch stuff and get candy then it's pretty much impossible to do that.

Pardon the bump, but I recently purchased the Eevee version, and I'm loving it. I haven't played Go, but I find this very enjoyable.

Also, if somebody could help me out with some trade evolutions I would greatly appreciate it.

Back