The official E3 2018 topic

Cell

Perfect
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
In this big game industry, there is 3 big Es, Ed, Edd n Eddy but there is also some sort of conference thing or whatever
Schedule:
Saturday, June 9
Electronic Arts -- 11 AM PT / 2 PM ET
Sunday, June 10
Microsoft -- 1 PM PT / 4 PM ET
Bethesda -- 6:30 PM PT / 9:30 PM ET
Monday, June 11
Square Enix -- 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET
Ubisoft -- 1 PM PT / 4 PM ET
Sony -- 6 PM PT / 9 PM ET
Tuesday, June 12
Nintendo -- 9 AM PT / 12 PM ET
Nintendo, Square, and possibly Sony will be doing digital shows while the rest are live shows.

Other things of note:

Bestheda's conference is supposedly it's longest and "strangest"
Sony will not discuss any new hardware and will be more streamlined, talking about the games people want to know about
A Splatoon 2 tourney will be before the E3 Direct, followed by Treehouse Live and Smash Switch Tourney.

Mewta said:
Other things of note:

Bestheda's conference is supposedly it's longest and "strangest"
releasing Skyrim again certainly sounds strange

Hawkeye said:

No I think they are announcing a new game, as Skyrim is across almost every console.

Alan Jackson Fan said:
Hawkeye said:

No I think they are announcing a new game, as Skyrim is across almost every console.
nah we still dont have Calculator Skyrim or Skyrim HD+: Microwave Edition

I didn't know that Square is doing a digital show, so I guess that's not a bad thing.

The only company I am interested in seeing is Nintendo, only because they have announcements that I care the most. According to them their announcements are focused on 2018, so at least I can expect most announcements to be the near future.

Thank you for reading.

Pretty minor detail overall, but the E3 show is being called a Direct
2018-05-16.png

Sorta a no duh moment since that's what these basically are, but that could explain why we didn't get one this or last month

winstein said:
I didn't know that Square is doing a digital show, so I guess that's not a bad thing.
Not the first time Square have done a show at E3. They did a full on press confrence at in 2015 and needless to say it was one of the most embarrassing shows in e3 history.

My main interest lies within Sony and Nintendos shows. Sony's show looks like they are gonna focus on already aonounced games but that may not be a bad point if they a really show they're selling point. Nintendo will heavily focus on Smash Bros but hoping they bring out a couple of suprises as well. As for everyone else EA is gonna be a load of rubbish, Bethesda has the chance to be intresting but only if they show off new stuff rather than be another "Skyrim" show, I expect Square's show will have a lot of focus on KH3 but I expect they'll bring some other intresting things as well, can almost certainly say something Final Fanstay related will be there as well. Ubisoft will probs be a load rubbish but unlike EA they can bring the odd one or two intresting games. Microsoft has to focus on Xbox One exclusives this year and promise an exclusive that will challenge Sony cause right now it's pretty clear Sony are winning the exclusive war.

NSY said:
winstein said:
Not the first time Square have done a show at E3. They did a full on press confrence at in 2015 and needless to say it was one of the most embarrassing shows in e3 history.

I know Square Enix had a show back in 2015, but what I meant is that them doing a "digital show" is new, as in something that Nintendo had been doing since 2013. Anyway, from Square, I agree with you and expect them to focus a lot of Kingdom Hearts 3, but I think they might also show off Octopath Traveler, which is a game I am looking forward to. Final Fantasy is probably going to be shown off (but would likely be uninteresting for me), but probably not VII Remake.

Thank you for reading.

Hopefully they can announce more content Fire Emblem for Nintendo Switch as they didn't at the Nintendo Direct. I'll also will hope they have more info on the upcoming Smash Bros. and a release date. Also I hope they announce the release date for Dark Souls Remastered for the Switch as well as the Amiibo that releases alongside it, we didn't expect that delay though.

Just Hope they talk about the following games or DLCs:

-Smash 5
-Yoshi 2018
-Mario Tennis Aces
-Pikmin 4
-Metroid Prime 4
Mario + Rabbids Expansion Pass.
-Paper Mario Switch

if they don't announce doom 2 I'm out

My Nintendo E3 thoughts and predictions:

- Smash Bros. is already confirmed to be there. It will probably include at least one new character reveal, which I hope will be Waluigi (of course). I'm also gonna expect a release date since it's supposed to come out this year. If they don't have a release date at E3 then it's almost certainly gonna be delayed to 2019.

- Yoshi Switch is likely to appear since they showed gameplay of it at last year's E3, so I'd expect it to almost finished by now. It's final name and 2018 release date will most likely be revealed. It's possible that this won't happen since this could be a similar situation to Yoshi's Woolly World where they take years to release it after announcement; however, Nintendo has been better with not delaying games on the Switch, so I'm still gonna predict it to be shown for release this year.

- Fire Emblem is weird, since it was announced almost 1 1/2 years ago and they still have not shown anything from it. They must have literally just started it at the time and only announced it because they didn't want people clamoring for a real FE game when Warriors was the only one announced. So... we might see this since it was supposed to release this year and I can see it being one of the big reveals for release this year. However, because of how little we've seen of it, I won't be shocked if it isn't releasing this year. We'll probably see something about it though.

- I'm expecting an announcement for Pokemon Let's Go any day now, because the website domains being registered pretty much confirms it as real. Pokemon games usually don't announce at E3, so I'm expecting a Pokemon Direct at any point between now and E3, much like the one that announced Pokken DX and USUM last year. It will also be mentioned at E3 and probably shown at the Treehouse. I'll be very surprised if this doesn't happen. I'm also leaning heavily towards it releasing this year (likely in November), but I wouldn't be too surprised if it comes next year since Smash Bros. already fulfills the big holiday game for this year.

- I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Metroid Prime 4 is not coming out till next year. I expect them to have a real trailer this time, but it will say 2019 at the end. Back at last E3 it seemed like they were more confident that Pokemon would be released this year than Metroid, and because of all the evidence for Pokemon coming soon, I don't think Metroid is coming this year. Even just Smash, Pokemon, and Metroid would be a shockingly large amount of heavy-hitters for only the second half of this year, and that's not even considering that Fire Emblem may be coming this year as well. Therefore, I'm pretty sure that Metroid isn't releasing this year, but it will have a trailer in the event.

- We miiight see Link's Awakening 3D since a guy who almost exactly predicted the announcement of WarioWare Gold also predicted this (and a VB Wario Land remake, but that one sounds less likely). He couldn't have known about WarioWare without being at least somewhat legit. However, I'm not gonna put my money on this since we don't even know if any 3DS games will be shown at all and it's still just a rumor. I'd be happy to see it, but I'm not gonna place any bets on this.

- Another rumor that's been going around lately is Star Fox Grand Prix, an alleged Star Fox racing game developed by Retro Studios. I think this game might be weird enough to be real. After Star Fox Zero was a huge failure, they're probably thinking they need to do something new and different to get the series back on its feet (the fans may not agree, but that's another topic). Retro Studios almost seems like Nintendo's go-to IP revival studio since they did it with the original Metroid Prime and Donkey Kong Country Returns, and it would explain what Retro's mysterious project is. On the other hand, there's no solid evidence that the rumors are true besides being fairly widespread as far as I know. So if it shows up at E3 I would not be surprised at all, but it could just as well be fake, so we'll just have to wait and see.

- So, about Mario Odyssey DLC... I'm really torn about the alleged Sunshine leak. There are inconsistencies, but it just looks so impressive and detailed... I really want it to be real, but there's a good chance it isn't, so... I don't know. Regardless of that, I think it's fairly likely that we'll see Odyssey DLC of some kind. By E3, it will have been about 9 months since the game's initial release which is about the same amount of time that Splatoon 2's DLC took to be announced after Splatoon 2 was released. Therefore, the timing will be right and considering they are selling DLC for most of their other big games, it would follow to do it for Odyssey. Who knows if it will have Isle Delfino, but I really, really hope it does... oh, and playable Luigi too, pretty please?

- Now for miscellaneous stuff: they'll advertise Mario Tennis and show gameplay for it; we'll probably see details and/or gameplay for the DLC of Xenoblade 2, Splatoon 2, and Mario + Rabbids; I really doubt we'll see Animal Crossing Switch; maybe they'll show Mario Kart Tour but maybe not since it's a mobile game; we could see an announcement for a Mario spin-off or other minor series such as Mario Party 11; there will probably not be very many 3DS games; some already announced 3rd party games will be shown such as Octopath Traveler; and there's sure to be a big shocker that nobody expected, because there always is.

Phew, that was more than I expected. :P

What we need to see at Nintendo E3 (bold shows previously announced game):

Switch
Super Mario Odyssey 2/Sunshine 2/Galaxy 3/NSMB Switch
Mario Kart 9
Mario Party 11
New Mario Golf/Baseball/Strikers game
Paper Mario Switch
Luigi's Mansion 3
Mario Tennis Aces
Yoshi Switch
Captain Toad port

Mario Odyssey DLC
Mario + Rabbids DLC Pack 3
Switch Online
Virtual Console

3DS
Luigi's Mansion 1 port
Bowser's Inside Story DX

Partners in Time DX/new Mario & Luigi game
WarioWare Gold
Captain Toad port

New Super Mario game
New Mario Baseball/Strikers game
New Mario Party game
Luigi's Mansion 3
New Yoshi game

Mobile
Mario Kart Tour
Mario Run price drop
Kirby Mobile

Other
N64 Classic Edition
Game Boy (Color) Classic Edition

EA's conference came and went:
.Unravel got a sequel that came out today
.Another neat looking EA Indie
.Command And Conquer got murdered
. I forgot the rest

Mewta said:
EA's conference came and went:
.Unravel got a sequel that came out today
.Another neat looking EA Indie
.Command And Conquer got murdered
. I forgot the rest
Sports 19!!!
SW Battlefront 2, more prequel trilogy content
Anthem stuff

Well Command and Conquer is still dead.

I guess Tim Curry had the right idea.

Are you going to blame the Communists for that?

No, this time it's definitely the capitalists.

I don't really care about EA's conference. They're too boring to watch.
They only announce sport A, sport B, sport C, sport D, sport E and Battlefield.

I can't believe they used to publish games like Command and Conquer, which I should play at one point.

EA's been a company that I wouldn't have been interested in, if it weren't for them owning Popcap Games. I felt like Popcap Games isn't really doing anything interesting since they joined EA, where they are currently only working on Plants vs Zombies. At least there aren't any Popcap Games game announced.

Thank you for reading.

Microsoft was pretty good:
.Halo Infinite
.Frozen world in KH3
.Forza Horizon 4
. Ori and The Will of Wisps
.Gamepass yada yada
. A Tom Clancy game that went on forever
.Tomb Raider
.Cuphead DLC
.Buy a billion sutdios
.Devil May Cry 5
.Jump Force
. Tales Of Vesperia
. Cute fox with a sword
. Funko Pop Gears for mobile
. Gears 5
. Crackdown 3
. Todd Howard's face

Mewta, thank you for the quick summary, it's very appreciated that you have listed down the basic points of each conference. Keep it up!

New Cuphead content is quite a surprise indeed, and it's got a new character too! However, I am not interested in the type of game Cuphead is so all I can say is that it's nice to look at.

Based on what I have seen, Tunic, the game that has a "cute fox with a sword", is my kind of game, but not in a way that I will rush out to get an Xbox for.

It's weird that there's a Funko Pop Gears for mobile, only because I didn't even know Funko Pop lends their art style for games since I didn't quite like their stylings of the characters. While I am sure there's some opportunity for Funko Pop if they used Nintendo characters, I am relieved that we haven't gotten Nintendo versions of Funko Pop characters.

It's not quite a billion studios, but I suppose five studios is rather substantial so it's not entirely inaccurate. From what I have seen, they include:
- Playground Games, who did Forza Horizon games (some people mistakenly thought they were already a first-party studio)
- Undead Labs, who did State of Decay games (exclusive to XBox)
- Ninja Theory, who seems to have an Eastern-slant in their games, is now a Microsoft studio
- Compulsion Games, who is developing an upcoming game We Happy Few (that I don't know much about)
- The Initiative, a new studio so no new games planned yet

Thank you for reading.

Back