Koei Tecmo wants to make a Mario game

Cell

Perfect
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
hyrule_warios_by_nasokakewe-d7rqrxs.png

In the past, Koei Tecmo has made Takumaru in Samurai Warriors 3, Pokemon Conquest, Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors, they next stop seems to be ... Mario!
https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/309100-koei-tecmo-s-president-really-wants-to-work-on-a-mario-game-no-m
The interesting part is they don't care what the genre is, so if it ever comes to pass, it might not be Mario Warriors, Mario Visual Novel anyone?

i would be so utterly down for a mario warriors no joke about it

I'd be down for a mario warriors game.

Imagine Mario busting out a giant oversized hammer and completely annihilate a army of Goombas with it, that would be so cool.

Everyone's wishing for Mario Warriors while I'm wishing for this:
ZeGoahG.jpg

A strategic encounter.

I want Mario Warriors as well. It would have all the characters from the spin-offs. It's not hard to envision weapons for them, like Luigi using a Vacuum, Waluigi using a Tennis Racket, Peach using a parasol, etc.

I did wonder if the Minion Quest part of the Superstar Saga remake was successful enough for Nintendo's higher ups to look into expanding its premise (that is, controlling leader who leads hordes of nameless Mario creatures, especially Bowser's minions, in battle against whatever). So Koei would be suitable for it.

Mewta said:
In the past, Koei Tecmo has made Takumaru in Samurai Warriors 3, Pokemon Conquest, Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors, they next stop seems to be ... Mario!

Mario Warriors Conquest Gaiden, anyone?

Jokes aside, had a lot of fun with the original Hyrule Warriors. Certainly hope they do well with the Mario IP as much as Ubisoft did.

It's goes without saying that Koei Tecmo = Warriors series, so because it's already been talked about a lot, I would like to see a Fatal Frame take on Mario. My idea is that one of the characters, maybe Daisy, have a camera to aid Luigi in another Mansion adventure where she have to take some pictures to rescue Peach from some unknown villain.

You know what would be a bizarre way for Koei Tecmo to use the Mario property? Put the characters in a Dead or Alive game.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
You know what would be a bizarre way for Koei Tecmo to use the Mario property? Put the characters in a Dead or Alive game.

Thank you for reading.
How about DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball, with the Mario females.

I swear I saw them talking about wanting to do Mario Warriors around the time HW was released

Or just everybody.

Peter said:
winstein said:

Thank you for reading.
Princess Mario said:
Or better, the Mario males.
Mcmadness said:
Or just everybody.

That's what I am alluding to - put all the Mario characters in the Dead or Alive game, and watch them interact with the ladies in that game while their styles clashes, and that makes for a weird yet glorious game! I can see that if that were to happen, it would be talked about more compared to a Warriors game (though that would be cool too).

Basically, while Warriors is a cool way for Koei Tecmo to utilise the Mario characters, don't discount on Dead or Alive to be just as exciting!

Thank you for reading.

Peter said:
winstein said:

Thank you for reading.
No, only Waluigi.

Back