Favourite Mario OST?

Teedgee

wheres the bathroom
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
Toadgamer
What Mario game has the best music? Which one is good listening?

My favourite ones are Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart 8, Paper Mario TTYD, Paper Mario CS, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle and Super Mario Odyssey.

SMG2

Super Mario Galaxy and Super Paper Mario are among my favorite, but absolute favorite goes to Mario + Rabbids. The songs there are so great it would be impossible to make a ranking of them. But I guess we shouldn’t expect less from Grant Kirkhope.

Mario Kart 8
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
Mario Sports Mix
Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario 3D World

The rest of the games probably have some tracks that I do like but are only one or two tracks and thus not representative of the full game.

SSX On Tour gets huge points for having licensed music in an officially licensed game with Mario characters and have an Iron Maiden music in its title screen.

Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World, both of which I own as soundtrack CDs from Club Nintendo :D

Colour Splash is up there, too.

SMG/SMG2 and MK8 are exceptional. Some other good ones off the top of my head are SPP, SM64, NSMBW, and SMO.

Too many to list.

I don't listen to game music, but if I have to pick I'd say every single Bowser theme ever.

Seriously, why does Bowser's music always kick so much ass?

I can't pick a single favorite, but literally all the Mario RPG soundtracks are amazing, even Sticker Star's. Dream Team, Bowser's Inside Story, Thousand Year Door and Super Paper Mario are probably my favorites. Super Mario Odyssey and both Super Mario Galaxy games also have phenomenal soundtracks, with 64, Sunshine and 3D World having a lot of gems too. Most Mario Kart music tends to be amazing as well, especially Rainbow Road music.

Mr. Saltman said:
I don't listen to game music, but if I have to pick I'd say every single Bowser theme ever.

You can't make a post like that and leave out the Paper Mario Bowser theme

If we were to post every great Bowser theme this page would destroy most computers.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Mr. Saltman said:

You can't make a post like that and leave out the Paper Mario Bowser theme

Right! How could I forget that.

This be a Mario thread, partner.

Also, I said before that Mario + Rabbids was the best of Mario OSTs... well I was wrong. Paper Mario Color Splash's is more charming imo. My favorite song from that OST has to be the Farewell one :'(

Back