recommend papa some snes rpgs

Lorenz Hellman Gloucester

absolutely the best boy dont even try to debate it
ive really been getting into them, so tell me some good'uns

Earthbound

What is your opinion on RPGs that are real time? One game I liked is Terranigma, where you can control the character around and attack, similar to Legend of Zelda. Except in this game you equip your weapon and armour like most RPGs. I personally liked it because its genesis-styled game is truly distinct from myriads of other medieval-styled RPGs.

Thank you for reading.

Maybe Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals.

The story is a bit ehh, but it has a very solid pure turn-based battle system, and there's an emphasis on solving logic puzzles. Also: Its dungeons don't have random encounters (enemies are visible, and you can get first strikes by walking into them from behind).

Also, obligatory mention of Chrono Trigger. If you want to play Snes RPGs, there's really no way around this one.

Also also, obligatory mention of Final Fantasy 6, also known as Final Fantasy 3 in the US.

YFJ said:
I hear that Super Mario RPG is really good. I’m hoping to get a chance to play it soon.

If you played Mario & Luigi, you could say that the fundamentals of that game is essentially derived from Super Mario RPG, for it's developed by many of the people involved in those games. You have simple platforming action combined with time-based RPG battles. I imagine if you liked how Mario & Luigi's gameplay, this one would be an easy recommendation.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
YFJ said:
I hear that Super Mario RPG is really good. I’m hoping to get a chance to play it soon.

If you played Mario & Luigi, you could say that the fundamentals of that game is essentially derived from Super Mario RPG, for it's developed by many of the people involved in those games. You have simple platforming action combined with time-based RPG battles. I imagine if you liked how Mario & Luigi's gameplay, this one would be an easy recommendation.

Thank you for reading.
I've played Superstar Saga, Dream Team, and Paper Jam, and all three are among my favorite video games (especially Dream Team). That said, I'd gladly play this as soon as I get my hands on a $10 eShop card.

Back