Poll

Do you want multiple tournaments for the final round? Do you want items limited in the final round?

Yes and yes. (unless posted this will be 4)
0 (0%)
Yes, but not for the second. (unless posted this will be 4)
0 (0%)
Yes, but not for the first.
0 (0%)
No. I don't want either. I want it to be a normal tournament for the final round.
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: June 16, 2018, 11:42:45 AM

Author Topic: Mario Kart 7 tournament - Out of Gas (canceled)  (Read 1080 times)

Yoshi the SSM

• (Space Station Manager)
  • King Bowser
  • I'm Yoshi the Space Station Manager from the wiki.
    • View Profile
Mario Kart 7 tournament - Out of Gas (canceled)
« on: May 02, 2018, 11:39:43 PM »

Low on Gas
Welcome to the 2018 Mario Kart 7 Tournament! Stargazing can't host this year, so I, Yoshi the SSM, am hosting in Stargazing's stead.

Information:
Racers will be in groups of 4. But, 5 and 6 are also possible. The top 2 (3 in the case of 5 and 6) will move on to the finals. This will take place over the two weeks. The races will be held end of June and July. I will close this one week from the start of the races (but the races won't start until after Wednesday (see below)).

The rest is the same as last year's: There will be 4 races per group, and if anyone does manage to tie with the other in a spot that matters, they will stay in the community and do one more race. (This applies only to the tied second (third if applicable) tied people only and won't affect anything else about ranking) Each group will have their own racing community. Online > Communities and you will be there. Just enter the code in the appropriate section.

Rules:
This is the same as last year's. But, without IRC.
  • Donít use hacking in this tournament. Shortcuts in the courses are allowed, but nothing like an infinite item hack or hacked stats.
    Board rules still apply in this thread.]
  • Donít give your code to people not in your group.
  • You must report all problems to your racers (and myself, if Iím free) in any form of message whether it be PM, Discord, or whatever else you may be using. If you cannot sort out the problem in time, you will be booted out of the race.
  • Don't use this thread to sort out your problems. If something goes wrong, let your group know out of this thread. It gets very clogged if everyone starts yelling at once.
  • There is no course choosing rule this year, pick whatever you want! However, please be as fair as you can with your choosing.
  • Please message all results to me.

Contact Me:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tokens:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Racers:
To sign, post your Mii and your time of this: May 3, 9:00 am Wiki time (EST). Bold is preferred, but not necessary.
Here is a sample from me.

Mii Name: YSSM
May 3 8:00 am

This is the list of racers in the order of signups. After I close this, it will be in the order of the times placed.
  • Yoshi the SSM (YSSM, May 3 at 8:00 am)
  • Alex 95 (Powmas, May 3 at 6:00 am)
  • Luigi 64DD (Babing, May 3 at 8:00 am
  • PowerKamek (Paula, May 3 at 7:00 am)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 09:15:48 AM by Yoshi the SSM »
I don't have time to give you a ride, I am managing a space station. And ask me something here:www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=38633.msg1934343#msg1934343

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
Re: Mario Kart 7 tournament - Starting Engines!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 09:46:27 AM »
Mii name: Powmas
Time displayed: May 3, 9am (PDT if that helps)

Marie

• The best squid girl
  • Dry Bowser
  • Luigi 64DD
  • If you find any good Marie fanart, send it here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 06:44:59 PM »
Mii Name: Babing

I don't understand the time thing. I'm confused because I already know Alex95 is one hour earlier than YtSSM from last year, but this thread lists YtSSM as an hour earlier than Alex95. Also, there doesn't seem to be a timestamp that changes depending on time zone in the OP, so I think there may be some mistake made. I'll just say that my time is 1 hour after YtSSM's time.

Credit to several artists for my avatars, see this post. Also click the above image for nice music!
Twitter | Ask | Art

Yoshi the SSM

• King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 10:14:55 PM »
The time thing is what your time when it is (or was in this case) May 3, 9:00 am according to the wiki's time when you sign a comment. Which is EDT. Sorry if there is any confusion. It is to help racers know what time zone they are in without saying the place they are at. It will also help determine which racers to put together for the first round.

Edit: Just relized that I posted 8:00 am instead of 9:00 am. Never mind. I confused mine for the actual.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 10:19:42 PM by Yoshi the SSM »
I don't have time to give you a ride, I am managing a space station. And ask me something here:www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=38633.msg1934343#msg1934343

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 12:01:03 AM »
just say the timezone tbh

Yoshi the SSM

• King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 09:04:44 AM »
Yeah, they could do that. Would take some work to figure it out, but I say I can do it if you post timezone instead of time. Just so that I know what the differences are.

Marie

• The best squid girl
  • Dry Bowser
  • Luigi 64DD
  • If you find any good Marie fanart, send it here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 12:40:01 PM »
I'm in CDT just to be clear.

Credit to several artists for my avatars, see this post. Also click the above image for nice music!
Twitter | Ask | Art

PowerKamek

• PowerKamek
  • King Bowser
  • Rest In Peace, Walkazo
    • View Profile
    • PowerKamek
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2018, 01:51:44 PM »
Mii Name: Paula
May 3, 7:00am if that's EDT

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Star Spirit
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2018, 02:14:32 PM »
Heya, a heads up, there's not really enough players to hold this tournament, so I will have to close this at some point unless more players can be found or the start date can be rearranged.

If you've got any questions, ideas, or concerns about this tournament, please feel free to ask the host, Yoshi the SSM, or post in this thread.

Yoshi the SSM

• King Bowser
    • View Profile
I was planning on doing this on June 2nd, but it's most likely not going to happen that I would have too many for more than 3 rounds. (As a matter of fact it's just enough for 1 right now.) Anyways, I am putting a limiter on the number of signups. Right now it is 16 players. The deadline for signups (if I don't manage to get 16 players) will be June 9th. If at the deadline I have at least 12, the races will start. But, it will not be canceled that day, but will be canceled 1 week later on June 16th if there isn't enough. But with not a 16 player limit, but 12. More details will be given June 9th.

So, if you are planning to sign up, please do so by the 9th of June!

Yoshi the SSM

• King Bowser
    • View Profile
24 hours remaining until the deadline/an announcement! So, if you hadn't sign-up yet, please do so.

Yoshi the SSM

• King Bowser
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Kart 7 tournament - Low on Gas
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2018, 11:39:35 AM »
And nobody signed up. Oh well. Anyways. I am going to keep this up for 1 more week. The Maximum is 12, but according to Mario Kart 7 tournament hosts (Thanks to Anton), the minimum is 12. However, if I only get 8 (even though it would be less enjoyable), the races will start. However, if we get less than 8, then the races won't officially start. But, if you want to still race in a tournament, I can easily set up an unofficial tournament to play in. There won't be anything special for winning or any tokens, not even the results will be posted.

Also, you are no longer required to post your time zone or anything like that.

Now before I go, I want to announce that I am not going to be here from Sunday June 17 through the 20th. So, I reach the 12 maximum before this coming Thursday, the races won't start until Thursday.

Also, there is a poll up now to see whether or not you want multiple tournaments for the final round. This won't affect the unofficial tournament, but it will affect the official. These tournaments would act as separate, and your scores will be based on the totals. There is also a question about item limiters. This is a question about whether or not you want items limited in the final round. If there is only 1, it will be selected randomly.

Yoshi the SSM

• King Bowser
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Kart 7 tournament - Out of Gas (canceled)
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2018, 09:21:09 AM »
Could wait until the poll closes, but that will be late. And I don't think I will get any new ones. I guess I am officially closing this. But if you did sign up and wanted to race, I will start to figure out how next week. It just won't earn anything official. And it isn't going to be a requirement. So, bye for now.