How do I download DLC on the Nintendo Switch?

Teedgee

wheres the bathroom
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
Toadgamer
Today, I installed the Sonic Forces DLC, which was the first DLC I ever downloaded. But there were two Sonic Forces icons. When I pressed on the DLC, they said I needed the original game. I retried with the Sonic Forces cartridge in the Switch, but it still didn't work! So I'm thinking that I have to buy the game again on the Eshop. Well, I know this is not what I'm supposed to do, but what do I have to do?

If you can access the DLC through the game, try that instead. Boot up the game, go to the eShop from the game menu, and try claiming the DLC there. You shouldn't have to buy the game again on the eShop. And if you make any mistakes, you SHOULD be able to refund it.

Or you can do what I did (since I got the Bonus Edition). Buy a download code for the DLC, and redeem it from the eShop. It should work from there...but I see you already purchased it, so this is kind of a last resort.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the DLC. That might work. I think you need the software icon on the Home Menu when you download it.

Actually, I figured out the problem. Actually, the version of Sonic Forces I got is from Arabia, and so the Switch considers it a separate game from the American version. And the DLC didn't work because it's American! If I had an Arabic account, I could easily do it! (That's IF the Eshop works with Arabian accounts).

Back