Issue 133

Meta Knight

Accepting applications for The 'Shroom
Core 'Shroom Staff
Issue 133 is up! .... Most of it. Fake News is absent for now but will be put up as soon as we are able to obtain it, and we'll make an announcement here when that's ready, so be sure to come back and read it for that. In the meantime, please go check out the other well-written sections!

Fake News is up now and order is restored to the multiverse! Or something like that. Feel free to read that now too.

Director's Notes said:
Hooded Pitohui seems to have a bit of a knack for storytelling, and was able to keep us interested in reading the tale until its end.

I'm flattered, truly. In all honesty, I'm glad to hear that more narrative-driven Shop Scout last month was well-received. Now I feel a bit bad for doubting it and pulling back on that this month. That said, there's always next month, so, we'll see if I can weave some more interesting narratives in the section in the future. On that topic though, I want to give a big shout out to Edo. When I wrote Shop Scout last month, I pulled a great deal of inspiration from all of his Fake News articles over the years. Thank you for your always entertaining writing, Edo!

It would be an absolute shame if I also didn't give a brief shout-out to this month's writers. I'll give a particular mention to Perch's interview with TPG, but everything I've read this month has been great so far. Now, I'll be off to read Fake News.

Oh no, Strategy Wing has lost two writers!

Whatever, I don’t plan to resign anytime soon. And one day, I’ll get first in overall SOTM.

Congrats for winning SOTM, Nabber! Your section is really good.

Also congrats to Yoshi876, who has consistently beaten me in Strategy Wing SOTM. I’ve never been much of a Pokémon fan, but your section is really good as well!

I'm super proud of how Picross turned out this issue, so even if you don't know how Picross works, go ahead and check it out! Also, if you're not aware, I'm holding a shout-out contest and will be giving a verbal shout-out to the first person who can correctly identify the mystery puzzle. If you wanna submit your guesses or answers, I've set up a thread here.

As a bit of an aside, this issue actually almost didn't come into being, as Lord Bowser can testify. I'd rather not say why, as it's quite personal, but I'd love to give a special thank you to Lord Bowser for being patient with me.

I remember something.

I actually write for this.

I don't plan on releasing anything this month, because that would mean skipping on the next one, which has the Luigi issue.

But when I strike, this time, I will strike hard.

And get back in the Staff-voted SOTM.

And also maybe the Fake News SOTM but that is not my prime concern.

Easter Yoshi said:
Oh no, Strategy Wing has lost two writers!
Yeah, apologies, at this point there's just too much going on in my life for me to thoroughly write to the quality I wanted.

That being said, thank you to everyone who enjoyed Challenger Approaching! It was a blast to write, and I'm never opposed to anybody else picking it up. I hope to return a few times as a guest submission, and with a few more things added to it, but in the meantime it's been a good run.

Congrats to everybody who got Section of the Month, and good luck to everybody else on the team!

Back