Laptop charger only charges for a few seconds

TPG (2)

from deltarune
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Recently, whenever I plug in my laptop charger it only charges for a couple of seconds before it stops. I believe this is happening with any charger I use.

Also, I tried plugging it in just now and my laptop switched off. I fear that the battery life it has left is all I'm going to get out of it for a good while.

Is there something I can do myself or should I just get it serviced?

Does it say that it isn't charging after it says it's charging, or does it revert to the uncharging state? If former, try messing with the computer/charger without bending the charger until a white light comes. If that fails, then your best bet would be keep it plug in even if it means the computer would be slow. That is if you don't (and it also applies to the later) get a new computer. As, it is very unlikely you will fix it. If it's the former, then the thing that the charger plugs into is bent. (I know because I have a the same problem.)

Thank you for the advice. I believe it is an internal issue with the battery or something so I'm taking it to get fixed up soon. Honestly, I'm hoping they don't have to factory reset it.

If your laptop just randomly switches off, I hope it's not an overheating problem.

Also, because it's a laptop, you might get ----'ed if internal components get busted.

Thank you for the concern, but the boys in charge of fixing it said that it's likely an internal component issue (caused by overheating) and there's a chance that they'll have to factory reset it. It's a shame, but I backed up all of my important files beforehand so it's not too big of an issue.

Back