I got a GBA today!

Wario's ass

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
Today a friend gave me his old GBA because he no longer uses it since like ages ago. I managed to make it work, luckily. I'm excited for this obviously!

It already had SML2 and an old Mario golf game, so I know it's compatible with GB/GBC games. So yeah, can you please recommend me some games?

Try to suggest Mario/Wario/DK/Yoshi/Nintendo first party titles too, because there really isn't a point on having one without any of them.

Been having a lot of fun playing Mario vs. Donkey Kong lately, so I'd recommend that. Wario Land 4 and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (if you don't already have the remake. Actually, buy the original anyway). Also Pokemon Gen IIIs and Fire Emblems are good, too.

EDIT: Any of the Super Mario Advance titles, too, if you can find those.

Seconded on Mario vs. Donkey Kong, I've been playing that recently too and it's great. And Superstar Saga of course.

if you can manage to get a physical copy with the english patch, mother 3 mother 3 mother 3

even if you can't do that i incredibly strongly recommend at least emulating it because mother 3 is an absolutely glorious game

also get kirby and the amazing mirror

If you're going to start with FAIYAH EMBUREM I'd recommend starting with Sacred Stones. The story is completely standalone and offers level grinding opportunities. It's very newcomer friendly.

Metroid: Zero Mission is a complete overhaul of the first game and is a much more streamlined experience. Also includes the NES original as an unlockable. Start here if you want to get into this series.

The GBA ports of the DKC trilogy are pretty solid if you're into those.

The Mega Man Zero series is just damn fine action platforming. Can be hard, though.

Also going to second Wario Land 4 and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror.

gradius galaxies is fun times

If you want a challenging game for the GBA, I would recommend Fire Emblem, it is tough compaired to the newer ones, the reason it is hard, no Causal mode. If you lose a unit that unit is gone for good.

Congrats man.

As for ones that haven't been suggested yet: Castlevania Circle of the Moon, MegaMan Battle Network series, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team, Sonic Battle, WarioWare inc., WarioWare Twisted, Golden Sun and Boktai are all pretty good.

And maybe look into fan translations of the Densetsu No Stafy series and Tomato Adventure (an RPG that AlphaDream made before the Mario and Luigi series) if you're interested.

You know, if you don't have a 3DS, then buy Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga.

If you have one, I recommend Mario VS Donkey Kong

Back