What was your first Mario game?

YoshiFlutterJump

Power Star
MarioWiki
YoshiFlutterJump
We all started playing Mario games at some point. Which game was the one that started your Mario adventure?

Mine was Mario Kart Wii, although New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 2 were the games that truly sparked my love for Mario.

Additionally, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team was my first Mario RPG, and sparked my interest in RPGs in general. I did play games like Disney Infinity first, but Dream Team was my first good RPG; Disney Infinity wasn’t really my thing. Had I played it earlier in my life, Dream Team would probably produce the same nostalgic feelings as NSMBW, SMG2, MKW, and MP8.

My first Mario game was Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World. Though the game that really drew me in was Super Mario 64. But I still appreciate and have nostalgia for Super Mario World. I'd say Mario vs. Donkey Kong is notable too, that was a heavy contributor to my love of the series before I played TTYD, my first RPG in the series.

the first one I remember playing was super mario bros deluxe

I do remember seeing mario 64, sunshine, and nsmbds before that

Super Mario Bros

Although not the official version, because it was on a bootleg handheld. However it did introduce me to Mario, and then I saw NSMBWii and wanted to get it at all cost, and it was my first official Mario game.

Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World, Mario Kart: Super Circuit and New Super Mario Bros.

It's hard to recall...maybe Super Mario 64 DS?

Although I still remember the first time I saw Daisy, like it was yesterday. She was my favorite character when I was little, now I have a variety of favorites.

Dr. Mario for the Game Boy, but the ones that really got me into the series were Mario Kart Wii and Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games on the DS.

If Super Smash Bros. doesn't count, I couldn't imagine myself playing any other Mario game at the time besides Mario Kart 64. I did, however, watch my brother play Super Mario Bros. All Stars, Super Mario World, and Super Mario 64 as well as Mario Kart 64. I don't remember seeing my parents get a Nintendo 64, but maybe those SNES stuff were literally the first Mario games in my household?

I literally have no idea because my older siblings were playing Mario games before I was born, so they were around my entire life. However, I think Super Mario Sunshine was one of the first I specifically remember. Also notable are Mario Kart Wii and New Super Mario Bros. Wii as those are some of the first ones I remember coming out (not Super Mario Galaxy though, which is odd because I remember us getting the Wii in the first place which was before SMG came out).

My memory is a little fuzzy, but I think it was either Super Mario Land or Super Mario 64. I got my Game Boy Color and my first Nintendo 64 around roughly the same time as well as a handful of games for both so it's a little hard for me to say. I can recount some of my memories from the very first time I plopped Super Mario 64 into the cartridge slot, I messed around with Mario's face quite a bit on the title screen and being the timid child that I was at the time, I was absolutely horrified at the sight of the Chain Chomp in Bob-omb Battlefield but eventually I mustered up the courage to press onward and confront King Bob-omb at the peak of his mountain.

They both were truly magical experiences for me growing up and it made young me want to learn more about the world in which Mario inhabits, the stories that it had to tell, the adventures that lie in wait and of course Mario himself.

My first Mario game was New Super Mario Bros. Wii, I got it when I got my Wii in '08.

Super Mario Bros on my dad's NES.

either Mario Party or Super Mario 64, probably the latter but I don't remember for sure which was first

Super Mario Bros.

At that time, I only had a vague memory of Mario because he's had an animated series, but I didn't really experience Mario until the Super Mario Bros. game, which was clearly the best game of the collection that really got me interested in games. The next game is probably Super Mario Land, which while isn't as good as Super Mario Bros., had the gameplay and sound effects that made me reminisce about the Game Boy.

Amiiboo said:
I'm new to the mario series, the first game i got was Mario Kart 7. :boshi:

How did you become a fan of Mario Kart DS, given that the DS game came first?

Thank you for reading.

Can’t remember.
I know it was either NSMB or MKDS

I remember playing with my dad on our DS’ on versus mode.

winstein said:
Super Mario Bros.

At that time, I only had a vague memory of Mario because he's had an animated series, but I didn't really experience Mario until the Super Mario Bros. game, which was clearly the best game of the collection that really got me interested in games. The next game is probably Super Mario Land, which while isn't as good as Super Mario Bros., had the gameplay and sound effects that made me reminisce about the Game Boy.

Amiiboo said:
I'm new to the mario series, the first game i got was Mario Kart 7. :boshi:

How did you become a fan of Mario Kart DS, given that the DS game came first?

Thank you for reading.

i played it on my 3ds.

Was exposed to BD&A Mario plushies first, then Smash, then Mario Kart 64 as far as I remember.

Super Mario Bros. on the NES was my first video game, and therefore first Mario game. Although I don't recall any memories playing it then. My first memories of Mario games is with Mario 2 and 3 (idr which was an earlier memory).

Super Mario Bros. on the NES, when I was six years old. We briefly had Super Mario Bros. 3 at home around that time too when we borrowed it from someone, but I found it too hard and pretty much the only memory I have of it from back then was me just leaving the room while the map blinked on the screen. Super Mario Bros., on the other hand, I played a lot and I admittedly got a bit... addicted.

Some of you guys seem so young. My first Mario game was Super Mario Bros. 3 for the NES. It was actually my first video game ever. We got it in 1992 when I was just four.

Back