The General Legend of Zelda Thread.

Koops

Agony
Pronouns
He/They
MarioWiki
ManKoops
Surprised there isn’t a recent thread for this actually. There used to be one, but apparently its last post was in 2009, so not gonna bump that.

Talk about Zelda!

Man. Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition seems cool! But I would like the Champions from BotW to be there, or King Rhoam.

Nah, not so sure about Rhoam. Him and Daphnes are almost exactly the same in appearance, so why bother.

Alex95 said:
Currently doing the Final Trial of the Sword in Breath of the Wild and it takes for-freaking-ever. Like, it's hard, but it's more long than hard. It really takes its toll on you, especially after an hour.

I beat it. Moving on to the Champions' Ballad soon. :)

I beat the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D 10 times, halfway on Master Mode if I got the mode name correct.

Alex95 said:
Currently doing the Final Trial of the Sword in Breath of the Wild and it takes for-freaking-ever. Like, it's hard, but it's more long than hard. It really takes its toll on you, especially after an hour.
I'm not even bothering to do it because it's too hard for me to bother and the reward isn't that great. I wish they could have made a challenging mode without just taking away all of the stuff you've gotten throughout the game. I'm doing the Champion's Ballad now, and I'm probably never gonna get around to the Trial of the Sword. I never even got past the Beginner trials or whatever they're called.

As for general Zelda stuff, I've beaten Ocarina of Time 3D, A Link Between Worlds, Triforce Heroes, and Breath of the Wild. I'm also very close to beating Majora's Mask 3D but I've been putting it off for forever because I want to get all the masks first but I don't know where the last few are and I don't want to use a guide. I probably should just go ahead and look it up, but I hate doing that because it feels like I took the easy way out. There are also a few other games I got files on long ago, but I'm gonna restart most of those sometime except maybe Minish Cap because I actually got pretty far in that. After I feel like I've done enough in BotW and maybe after I finally beat MM 3D, I'll move on to Wind Waker or maybe A Link to the Past.

Well as I mentioned the other day on the "What game did you last play?!?!?!?" thread, I'm currently revisiting the original version of Majora's Mask since I cleared Majora's Mask 3D last year and I never finished the original since I used to get cold feet when approaching the Great Bay Temple. (Bio Deku Babas kinda make me a little uneasy much like Peahats do because weird and overly grotesque plants freak me out.) But I plan on getting all the masks and finishing it like I did with MM3D.

Plague Knight said:
Alex95 said:
I'm not even bothering to do it because it's too hard for me to bother and the reward isn't that great. I wish they could have made a challenging mode without just taking away all of the stuff you've gotten throughout the game. I'm doing the Champion's Ballad now, and I'm probably never gonna get around to the Trial of the Sword. I never even got past the Beginner trials or whatever they're called.

The Trials of the Sword are most definitely hard. Or were, I guess :P Was able to beat the Beginner and Middle trials in about a half hour or so each, but the Final Trials took me about two hours to complete! And I went in blind!
There are a total of 9 Ancient Arrows in the Final Trials. Be sure to save at least two of them for the Lynels. I used one on the first Lynel in the snow portion, but ran out before I got to the second one because I didn't know there was a second one.

Plague Knight said:
I'm also very close to beating Majora's Mask 3D but I've been putting it off for forever because I want to get all the masks first but I don't know where the last few are and I don't want to use a guide. I probably should just go ahead and look it up, but I hate doing that because it feels like I took the easy way out.

imo, using a guide never really felt like "taking the easy way". If I'm legitimately stuck and have no idea what I'm doing, then I consult a guide just to get past the point. Once I'm past it, I can put the guide away and continue with my own experience.

I will not lie, I actually used the internet to find all of the Hateno Shrines. I might even consult it to find many other ones, I'm over 100, so it's hard to find any for me.

Yeah, I probably am too strict about not looking stuff up. With some stuff in games, it's not really fun to scour the entire game just so to find the collectables that lead to 100% Completion. Besides, I already asked someone on Miiverse for help in getting the Don Gero Mask, so if I wanted to not get help, it's sort of too late already... Anyway, the three I still need to get are the Stone Mask, the Postman's Hat, and Fierce Deity's Mask. Obviously I have to get the first two before the third and I have a vague idea of how to get them, but I guess I should get around to that soon.

Played through all three files of Ocarina of Time on 3DS. I think it’s the best way to play Ocarina of Time. Nothing against the original N64 release (Except for the Water Temple of course), but I saw it more as a great showcase of the Zelda series transitioning to 3D, while the 3DS version is the true definitive version of the game. My favorite Zelda remake of all time.

Back