Have you ever beaten a Mario game with the lowest possible score?

Tom Phan

Goomba
Banned User
I have beaten Luigi's Mansion and earned the tent. In order to do so, you must beat the entire game without collection any money (except for King Boo's Crown, which you cannot avoid collecting). Even collecting one coin will ruin the tent run. I have wanted to try and beat Super Mario Bros. with the lowest possible score of 500, but there is a pixel perfect jump in 8-1 where you have to clear a chasm without getting 2 coins in the air that I have yet to make it past.

I don't think I've ever beaten a game with the lowest possible score, but I do have a photo of one time when a friend came round and we were playing Super Mario 3D World and he didn't get a single point on a level (And he didn't die or stay in a bubble the whole time, he was doing the platforming).

I beat Super Mario Odyssey with the minimum amout of power moons, if that counts as a lowest score.

King David said:
I beat Super Mario Odyssey with the minimum amout of power moons, if that counts as a lowest score.
Yes and no, as there is more factors to consider.

I tried to get the lowest possible score the first time I played Superstar Saga. I believe I beat the boss, but not sure about the true lowest score. As, I had to do some extra battles just to get some coins.

King David said:

You have to not collect any coins, have minimum power moons. That’s it I think.

Back