Mario games you regret that you haven't gotten to play yet?

Tom Phan

Goomba
Banned User
I finally got around to Paper Jam. I can't believe it took me two years to get around to it! Will I like it? Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

Mario Strikers Charged. I've seen footage of it on YouTube and I've thought about getting it, but I still don't have it. It looks crazy and fun.

I want to play Mario Party 10's minigames. I bet they're solid. Everything else, nah.

I also really want to play Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle.

I also really want to play SSX On Tour Gamecube version, which looks and sounds awesome as hell.

Mario Kart: Double Dash the most controversial game in the series, and I have a feeling I'm going to love it due to it's go-kart based physics.

Mario Kart 7 is a game I would love to play through once to find out how the courses play out, but because of a lack of a certain character, I can't bring myself to buy the game despite being cheaper than the average 3DS game. Even a DLC that included Waluigi would have convinced me to get it, but for some strange reason Mario Kart 7 never had any DLC.

Super Mario 3D Land, on the other hand, I would love to play through one day because it looks to be a different experience from 3D World, and fortunately it's finally a Nintendo Select title.

A game I am curious to play is Mario Clash, because it's a follow up to the Mario Bros. formula that's long been abandoned.

The 3DS Mario Party games look like something I want to try, but because I don't have people to play with, it would be pointless to get them.

Thank you for reading.

Shy Guy on Wheels said:
Mario Kart: Double Dash the most controversial game in the series, and I have a feeling I'm going to love it due to it's go-kart based physics.
Mario Kart: Double Dash is well-liked I believe. I find the way the karts are handled both a fun challenge and a frustration. I think just from how it controls, it's feels faster-paced than the later Mario Kart games somehow. But if you're used to Mario Kart 8 and Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 7, this is going to feel slippery. Warning ya.

Princess Mario said:
But if you're used to Mario Kart 8 and Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 7, this is going to feel slippery. Warning ya.
If Super Circuit is one of my Favourite Mario Kart games, then I think I can handle the slipperiness of Double Dash.

Super Mario 64, Mario Kart DS, Mario Party 9, Super Mario 3D Land, Super Mario 3D World and Super Mario Maker.

I could have included Mario Kart 8, but since I have MK8 Deluxe, you know what I mean.

Shouldn’t have even thought of including it, man.

It’s a shame I didn’t get to play any Gamecube, N64 and even some SNES games. Super Mario Bros 3? I can kinda play it, but in SMBX version, so...

Some Wii U games looked promising, and I would’ve loved to play 3D world, Paper Mario Color Splash,... ok maybe just these two.

Anyway, my list of games I wish I could’ve played extends to almost every single Zelda game and Kirby, but we’re talking Mario here so I’m not going into that.

Super Mario Galaxy 1. I’ve completed the sequel 101% and I really want to play the original.

Also Bowser’s Inside Story. I wish I had gotten it when it was a new game, but now I’ve decided that I won’t get it until the remake is released.

not Mario but there are a couple Wario games I wish I had gotten growing up.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Mario + Rabbids looks cool, I want to get that at some point. Not sure when.

Tomorrow, or I will find you.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Mario + Rabbids looks cool, I want to get that at some point. Not sure when.
It’s a cool game, but it is the hardest Mario RPG I’ve played. This is because if you get stuck on a boss, you can’t just level up and make it easier. You have to buy new weapons and collect Orbs to upgrade your characters. There is an easy mode if you ever need it, but I don’t like to take the easy way out of things.

It’s nothing compared to Zelda: Breath of the Wild (by far the hardest game I’ve ever played), but expect something a bit more difficult than the other Mario RPGs.

Sometimes, you can’t just buy new weapons, because grinding for money in levels you’ve already completed is tedious. Sometimes, you need to change your strategy.

It's more a strategy game than an rpg. It has upgrades to be sure but they don't really have stats beyond damage and health.

honestly all :'( man theyre super expensive and its been confirmed that im only getting a switch in like half a year so i dont even get to play odyssey soon. i really wish though.

Super Mario 3D world, New Super Mario Bros. U, Super Mario Sunshine. Also I kind of regret selling my Super Mario 64 DS because I didn't like the controls, but now with the circle pad on the 3DS it probably plays just fine.

Toadgamer said:
I regret not playing any Mario & Luigi game.
Superstar Saga/Deluxe is the best game to start with, but if for any reason you can’t get that, Dream Team is the next best starting game. Those two games are the ones that have the best tutorials, anyway...

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I may not like how over-criticized DT's tutorials are, but I also don't think they are in any way the best.
They’re best when you’re just getting into the series. But if you replay the game, or if it’s not your first M&L game, they just seem annoying. Dream Team was my first game in the series, so the tutorials really helped me and did not seem annoying. They did, however, seem annoying when I replayed the game in Hard Mode.

Back