Poll

Who Should Be The Next Super Mario Rep In Smash?

Waluigi
Princess Daisy

Author Topic: Waluigi vs Daisy: Who Should Be In Smash Switch???  (Read 4603 times)

Russian Baby Luigi

• Nick, you need to find a woman who hates herself, she'll love you.
  • Awards Committee
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
  • Малыш Луиджи #kemerovo
    • View Profile
Re: Waluigi vs Daisy: Who Should Be In Smash Switch???
« Reply #200 on: June 13, 2018, 08:18:54 PM »
I don't know, I think Waluigi being both an Assist Trophy and a playable fighter would be something that is very fitting for Waluiginess. Waluigi as an Assist Trophy should even have special dialogue when he's attacking himself.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

J-Yoshi64

• Just Call Me J
  • Dry Bowser
  • Always remembering Walkazo
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #201 on: June 13, 2018, 08:40:39 PM »
Waluigi being an assist trophy AND a fighter would be cheating. That's right up his alley!
May Walkazo always be remembered on MarioWiki for years to come.

Plague Knight

• BOOM!
  • King Bowser
  • Luigi 64DD
  • The Order's alchemist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 13, 2018, 08:42:01 PM »
Hey, I'd be fine with that.

(Click the above image for some great music)

'Shroom | Userpage | Ask | Art

Sunshine Yoshi

• The Tropical Yoshi
  • King Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
  • I was created with E. Gadd's Magic Paintbrush.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 13, 2018, 09:45:07 PM »
Super Luigi Galaxy...but with Waluigi...

SUPER WALUIGI GALAXY! ...wait, it's Smash Bros....

How about...

SUPER WALUIGI SMASH!!!

Green Thunder

• Mint?
  • Dry Bowser
  • GabbyHayes
  • Mama mia...
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 13, 2018, 09:46:33 PM »
waluigi and daisy work together like ice climbers
W-Well, my loss w-was to be expected..

Credit to NanoBlitz for the icon.

Iron Man

• No *bleep*, sherlock!
  • Dry Bowser
  • Koops
  • Who's Tony Stark already?
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 13, 2018, 11:51:12 PM »
But, hey, they actually do recognize him by making him... I dunno... APPEAR IN SMASH?

Ok now, even though I am one of those people who wanted Waluigi in Smash, I can totally tolerate him not being playable, him being as an assist trophy is kinda plenty enough for those who want Waluigi screentime.

Besides, I doubt they would put in Waluigi before some other popular characters like Toad. But since he already is part of Peach's moveset, I would rather have Captain Toad.

Sunshine Yoshi

• The Tropical Yoshi
  • King Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 14, 2018, 12:25:29 AM »
Actually, Waluigi being an assist character was never enough for me.  There are 100+ assist characters, and the fact that you can't restrict certain assist characters gives Waluigi ridiculously low screen time.

I really hope they let you restrict assist characters in Smash Ultimate.

Princess Mario

• 🌸Mushroom Kingdom's most beautiful plumber.🌸
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #207 on: June 14, 2018, 12:33:30 AM »
In the future, you can mod the game to control the amount of assist spawns, if you're willing to go into that territory.
"Mario begins his ascension to the celestial realm, Luigi spontaneously becomes a twitching pile of boneless flesh and Daisy is nonchalantly like 'this is fine'." -NanoRim

Sunshine Yoshi

• The Tropical Yoshi
  • King Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 14, 2018, 12:37:44 AM »
In the future, you can mod the game to control the amount of assist spawns, if you're willing to go into that territory.
Well, I'm not too familiar with modding, and I don't think I'm willing to take the necessary risks to do so.  It sounds like a good idea otherwise, though.

Cheeze

• Spiny
  • Doughboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 14, 2018, 07:01:47 PM »
Sakurai's still a little b**** for making Daisy playable, but not Waluigi.

Green Thunder

• Mint?
  • Dry Bowser
  • GabbyHayes
  • Mama mia...
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 14, 2018, 07:27:33 PM »
You're about as annoying as the Daisy fans.
W-Well, my loss w-was to be expected..

Credit to NanoBlitz for the icon.

Northern Verve

• Princess of Magic
  • Star Spirit
  • SonicMario
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 14, 2018, 08:03:07 PM »
I don't think Daisy took Waluigi's spot or anything. She's an echo fighter, simply a character meant to represent a popular character of their respective franchise that could reasonably be made on the cheap by only slightly changing the moves and animations for. Waluigi's body shape was simply too unique (Closest character in height would probably be Bayonetta, which while it would be hilarious to see, I doubt Waluigi is getting guns on his feet anytime soon), but Daisy was easily copyable from Peach. When we were arguing why Waluigi was more likely that was in the context of them being unique. If we counted characters easy to make off of, then of course Daisy had potential to get in first if we had included the possibility of her being a Peach clone.

Daisy also got a fair amount of promotion, safe to say Super Mario Run is still decently significant. But I definitely don't think it was the major factor that got Daisy in Smash as she is right now. She was simply a character well known in the mainstream thanks to all her spin-off appearances who also happens to share a very similar character shape to Peach. It's Daisy's heavy association she's had with Peach since forever that got her here. If Waluigi was closer to Luigi's size and build he could of been an echo of Luigi. But alas, he's simply too tall (Inb4 that becomes the new "too big") and will have to wait for another chance to come in as an unique fighter.

In short, a unique Waluigi would come before a unique Daisy. But a clone Daisy was more doable and easy to do for the base game with so many characters added from the past (Plus Inklings, Ridley, and whatever else unique newcomers we get in this game). The return of all the veterans of Smash Bros. history as well as the classifications of Echo Fighters has shifted expectations on newcomers. If we had known this was coming beforehand, then yeah Daisy might of been seen as more possible then she was. With other series to consider, this is why Waluigi was left again as an Assist. They're bringing EVERYBODY that was playable back along with some changes to some of them and general gameplay improvements which as Sakurai warned us about newcomers not being a big commodity. In this scenario, adding Daisy was easy. While adding Waluigi could take away time of other franchises that sorely need a rep more or even new series to get their chances too.

Captain America

• Steve Rogers
  • Donkey Kong
  • GalacticPetey
  • Avengers Assemble
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 14, 2018, 08:29:22 PM »
Can you not?

Cheeze

• Spiny
  • Doughboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 14, 2018, 08:34:05 PM »
Can you not?

Sakurai has s*** all over Waluigi and his fans for too long now. It has gotten old. It's time Waluigi gets his chance to shine as a playable character in Smash.

Captain America

• Steve Rogers
  • Donkey Kong
  • GalacticPetey
  • Avengers Assemble
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 14, 2018, 08:37:27 PM »
And you're acting like a toddler. Sakurai has no agenda against Waluigi or his fans. He just doesn't view him as fighter material. Daisy was a lucky, easy addition and had no bearing on Waluigi or any other character.

Cheeze

• Spiny
  • Doughboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 14, 2018, 08:40:03 PM »
And you're acting like a toddler. Sakurai has no agenda against Waluigi or his fans. He just doesn't view him as fighter material. Daisy was a lucky, easy addition and had no bearing on Waluigi or any other character.

How can you be so sure about this? Anyone with a brain can tell that Sakurai did this on purpose to troll Waluigi and his fans. Waluigi has always been more deserving than Daisy.

Captain America

• Steve Rogers
  • Donkey Kong
  • GalacticPetey
  • Avengers Assemble
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 14, 2018, 08:45:19 PM »

How can you be so sure about this? Anyone with a brain can tell that Sakurai did this on purpose to troll Waluigi and his fans. Waluigi has always been more deserving than Daisy.
I think your bias is getting in the way and you're convinced of something that's not even there.

Roller

• Blazing new trails
  • Spiny
  • rollerC
  • tHIS IS REAL THIS IS ME
    • View Profile
    • Bell Tree Forums Profile Page

Ask me anything | Roller's Reasons
Add me on Discord at: rollerC#5125

Swiftie_Luma

• King of your Heart.
  • King Bowser
  • I've got new rules, I count 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 14, 2018, 09:07:04 PM »
to me the bigger picture is that Daisy getting in it's not even a bad thing per see.

Good on her and her fans.

The BAD thing of this however is that it fuels MM3 delusion into this narrative that Daisy is just as important as Mario himself , and god that's just so annoying to see everywhere i go.

On the other hand he cannot celebrate fully either because deep down he knows that this whole ''sporty flower princess that represents sports'' was completely thrown out of the window since Sakurai basically confirmed what i have been saying all these years:

''If Daisy EVER gets in she wont be that different from Peach''

and guess what lol

honestly aside from that bitter bit, Daisy getting in is ok because im pretty sure it was the fastest thing they could make.

I also find even more hilarious that her and Ridley were revealed at the same event ... that's literally the most ''WTF'' thing this fanbase has experienced.

Mcmadness

• Power Star
  • The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 14, 2018, 09:22:38 PM »
Considering how Ridley got this big CGI trailer and Daisy got a "hey look it's Daisy" I think we can assume pretty easily how she wound up in smash bros.

And that's not even getting into how lazy her design is as a clone. Other clones have various little details and things that separates them, Daisy is just her head shoved onto Peach's model painted orange.
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig. This sig loves you.