Kirby Discussion Thread

Should I get Return to Dream Land, Triple Deluxe, or Planet Robobot first? I plan to get all of them eventually...

Planet Robobot is really good IMO, although they're all fantastic.

Kirby Air Ride needs a sequel

and a better Bulk Star

There's another thread on Kirby, but I guess a new one is better than an old one, so let's go with my first opinion!

In my opinion, there should be another game that continues the direction of Kirby 2, Kirby 3 and Kirby 64, which featured a more relaxing style of Kirby gameplay, as opposed to how most of the games followed Kirby Super Star's direction where it plays more like a fighter. I wouldn't mind them taking cues from the newer games like having more modes, but the animal friends are very good, as with the objective-based levels. I know it's not for everyone, but those games are charming in their own right. The closest recent game that follows this direction is Rainbow's Curse, since that game didn't have abilities so no fighter-based Kirby game (but it's not a platformer, so it's not there). I think this is a good direction to take if Kirby decides on another 3D game.

Thank you for reading.

I'm just hoping Adeleine and Ribbon eventually become dream friends (Assuming they aren't already, haven't played Star Allies beyond the demo yet).

Magolor's moveset how I imagine it (without counting friend abilities):

-Punch
-Glide

-But like Marx, he might have attacks were he becomes his soul version:

Magolor's soul moveset:

-Glide
-Make a laser
-Make a black hole
-Use swords
-Teleport to close places

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIKb01oHDLo

this is good shit

and this doesn't even cover the tragedy of haltmann or the butterfly

When I played Kirby: Return to Dreamland, I realised how much Triple Deluxe took after that game. Like for example, the abilities are all wrapped in stars depicting that ability, so you can easily tell which ability that you lost. The star collectibles (100 for 1UP) is also from that game, and there's the fact that the Hypernova shares many elements from the combination of super inhale (shake Wii-mote to perform while inhaling) and the powered-up abilities. It's stuff like that that one could appreciate the predecessor.

I heard that Planet Robobot is the best of the line up coming from Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe, so I presume they have refined the superpowered Kirby in the most satisfying manner.

Thank you for reading.

I'm pretty sure the brand came first.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirby_Company

Kirby seems to be named a certain way because Sakurai liked the sound of a harsh-sounding name juxtaposed with a soft and squishy character. I'm not sure exactly why Kirby, part of me believes it's in part to John Kirby's role in the Universal-Donkey Kong lawsuit, though that's speculation on my end, and who knows if Sakurai even knows about that lawsuit.

I just found out that Kirby Super Star and Kirby: Triple Deluxe have similar names in Japan. The former is Kirby of the Stars: Super Deluxe, while the latter is Kirby of the Stars: Triple Deluxe. Interesting, considering that Super Star and Triple Deluxe aren't that related.

Well, "Triple Deluxe" is a deliberate name, as a play on 3D (three dimensions). Not sure if they were thinking about the original Kirby Super Star though.

So...I plan to get Return to Dream Land pretty soon. I see that there's the physical Wii version, and then there's the digital Wii U version. I'm thinking I should get the digital version, but I'm not entirely sure.

Also, if I get the digital version on Wii U, can I use the GamePad to play?

DnAaIvCU8AAHS5f.jpg

So this is a thing for some reason. I guess they obeyed the people who said to stop porting Wii U games by porting a Wii game.

Back