Author Topic: Kirby Discussion Thread  (Read 1850 times)

Mario Party X

• Party Cannon scheduled to make the soundtrack for the next game.
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
Re: Kirby Discussion Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2019, 11:55:14 PM »
Homebrew can break region locks if you're desperate. Not hard to homebrew either, just use Letterbomb to install if you use Wii 4.3, then Priiloader can handle it.

Kirby and Dedede

• Gourmet Rivals
  • Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2019, 12:09:17 AM »
We're not actually in Europe, but we bought a european Wii. And a PAL Switch too, but the Switch is region-free, so it can pretty much play anything.

And no, the game is called Kirby's AdventureWii with us but we heavily prefer the american name, which is why we call it that. Besides, all of our Wii games are PAL anyway.
Yeah, I will agree that the European name really stinks, it's not like it's a port of Kirby's Adventure so I struggle to see why they called it that.

Homebrew can break region locks if you're desperate. Not hard to homebrew either, just use Letterbomb to install if you use Wii 4.3, then Priiloader can handle it.
I installed Menu Loader instead, but it doesn't really matter.  I modded my Wii within five minutes last week, and it's really easy to download homebrew apps afterward.  I recommend doing that if you ever get ahold of a copy of Dream Collection.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 12:10:53 AM by Kirby and Dedede »

Isabelle

• Best girl. And dog. And definitely NOT deserving of the mostly *bleep* fanart she gets.
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • The adorable, fluffy, 100% hug material Isabelle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2019, 12:09:30 AM »
Don't even think our Wii has ever updated though.

It's always remained the same because we lost the PIN code and therefore couldn't access anything too significant outside of physical games

Kirby and Dedede

• Gourmet Rivals
  • Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2019, 12:15:31 AM »
Don't even think our Wii has ever updated though.

It's always remained the same because we lost the PIN code and therefore couldn't access anything too significant outside of physical games
PIN code?  You mean, like Parental Controls or something?  If you have Parental Controls enabled and no one knows the PIN, there is a PIN reset feature if you need it.

Kirby and Dedede

• Gourmet Rivals
  • Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2019, 05:49:10 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/Kirby-Nintendo-Switch-Digital-Code/dp/B07215QMXY/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1543247155&sr=8-7&keywords=kirby+digital+code

So...it appears that there might be a new Kirby game in 2019 for Switch!  And...absolutely nothing is known about it.  Thoughts?

I'm thinking it might be Star Allies 2, but it seems a bit too soon for that.  Air Ride 2, anyone?

winstein

• Shine Sprite
  • Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2019, 08:39:56 PM »
I'm hoping for a sequel to one of the quirkier Kirby games, so maybe like a sequel to Dream Course or perhaps even better: Star Stacker.

Thank you for reading.
(Credit goes to Alex95 for this signature)

Kirby and Dedede

• Gourmet Rivals
  • Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2019, 08:44:13 PM »
I'm hoping for a sequel to one of the quirkier Kirby games, so maybe like a sequel to Dream Course or perhaps even better: Star Stacker.

Thank you for reading.
What we really need is an international release of Super Star Stacker.  I'm currently trying to install region-free mods on my Wii so I can play that.

saltypepper

• funky fresh beats
  • Koopa Troopa
  • aaa
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2019, 04:09:19 AM »
please just be Kirby Air Ride 2 please just be Kirby Air Ride 2

I hope if it's a mainline Kirby game with multiplayer that they take it the RtDL approach, just kinda slap it on there. Granted it wasn't very fleshed out in RtDL but it was fun where as Star Allies has this "teamwork" mechanic that's just basically spread out button presses throughout the players.
UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF LOVE

Raphael the Raven

• Not a Loon this time
  • King Bowser
  • NanoRim
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2019, 05:05:00 AM »
I'm hoping the next mainline Kirby game uses sprites again instead of 3D models, imagine a Kirby game in the style of Wario Land Shake It! and Shantae Half-Genie Hero for example:

Of course Air Ride 2 would also be great too.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 05:08:23 AM by Raphael the Raven »