Author Topic: Kirby Discussion Thread  (Read 2384 times)

a furry

• Yes, furry... but only one the first level. Not going down deeper in hell, ain't I?
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • Creatures with thin things on their skin I guess?
    • View Profile
Re: Kirby Discussion Thread
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2019, 03:42:27 AM »
Well you got a Wii

Go pick up Return to DreamLand, thank me later

Dream Stone Spirit

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
  • Fine! I'll be happy to...NOT TELL YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2019, 10:56:00 AM »
Spoiler: long post (click to show/hide)

TL;DR version:

Absolute must-play
Kirby's Dream Collection (Wii)

High recommendation
Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Wii)
Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)
Kirby: Planet Robobot (3DS)
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror (GBA)
Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn (3DS)
Kirby Air Ride (GCN)

Moderate recommendation
Kirby: Squeak Squad (DS)
Kirby Tilt n' Tumble (GBC)
Kirby: Canvas Curse (DS)
Kirby: Mass Attack (DS)
Team Kirby Clash Deluxe (3DS)

Maybe consider
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (GBA)
Kirby Super Star Ultra (DS)

Bump up the last two to "high recommendation" if you can't get Dream Collection for any reason.

Saltman

• Luma
  • Mr. Saltman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2019, 12:31:38 PM »
Thank you. I'll try to get Kirby's collection of dreams first.

Shy Guy on Wheels

• Definitely on Wheels
  • King Bowser
  • Octagon?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2019, 01:03:36 PM »

MnSG

• Shine Sprite
  • Cosmic Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2019, 11:35:46 PM »
After defeating Void Soul earlier, one thing has been on my mind. Which Soul boss do you find to be the easiest or hardest to defeat?

Me, I find Magolor Soul to be among the easiest Soul bosses to defeat, and part of that reason is due to the fact that he's the Extra mode's final boss; you get to face him before taking on The True Arena.

a furry

• Yes, furry... but only one the first level. Not going down deeper in hell, ain't I?
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2019, 11:44:55 PM »
Never faced Void's yet, so idk, will do when I actually have the patience to replay the game.

TG though, he's pretty much 100% the whole thing. Go ask him the same question

Gamefreak75

• Global Moderator
  • Power Star
  • "The hated boss who beats you down..."
    • View Profile
    • Kirby Wikia
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2019, 12:57:12 AM »
After defeating Void Soul earlier, one thing has been on my mind. Which Soul boss do you find to be the easiest or hardest to defeat?

MnSG

• Shine Sprite
  • Cosmic Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2019, 10:09:38 AM »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dream Stone Spirit

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2019, 01:44:13 PM »
https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/mario-and-kirby-classics-join-nes-nintendo-switch-online-on-feb-13-2019

Finally!  In just seven days, Kirby's finally gonna make his way to the NES Online service! 

Cuphead

• Cup boi
  • Dry Bowser
  • Toadgamer
  • So, that stuff in my head is apparently milk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2019, 11:35:47 AM »
Yaaaay.

Actually I don't have the online and I don't think I will XD

Dream Stone Spirit

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2019, 11:59:40 AM »
Yaaaay.

Actually I don't have the online and I don't think I will XD
Well, even if you don't subscribe, you absolutely need to find some way to play Kirby's Adventure.  It really is that good.

Shy Guy on Wheels

• Definitely on Wheels
  • King Bowser
  • Octagon?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2019, 12:39:49 PM »
stop being wrong.

Dream Stone Spirit

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2019, 03:16:14 PM »
stop being wrong.
Um...are you saying that you don't like Kirby's Adventure?  That's a first.  I, for one, have this weird attachment to the game that happens to be related to Smash Wii U and Master Core...in fact, it was the game that made me a Kirby fan in the first place, despite not being my first Kirby game (it was my third, after Dream Land and Super Star).  I'm not saying it's the best Kirby game, because it's not.  But it's still fantastic imo.

Meta Knight

• Scourge of Darkness
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • Victory is my destiny
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2019, 02:47:33 AM »
I love Kirby's Adventure. It's one of my most nostalgic games ever as not just the first Kirby game I played but one of my first video games ever. I have so many fond memories of it. As a late NES game, it pushes the system to it's limits, bringing gorgeous imagery, memorable music, and a stellar atmosphere. It also brought us the copy abilities, which I didn't even know debuted in that particular game as a kid. There's a save system which is convenient because most platformers just used a password system. However the game is also feasible to just breeze through, even for 100%. Considering it's predecessor is only about half and hour long and doesn't have much in terms of versatility, Adventure did so much for the franchise. I love this game to death and probably more than Super Star Ultra and Planet Robobot just because I have a lot more attachment even though I feel those two are probably objectively better. The anime's overarching plot also is mainly relating to Adventure so that's cool.

Also the game introduced me but who would ever care about something like that.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 02:51:11 AM by Meta Knight »

Cuphead

• Cup boi
  • Dry Bowser
  • Toadgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2019, 09:52:33 AM »
Maybe if one day I buy a NES mini, I'll be able to experience the game. But for now, I'm trying to get a SNES mini.

At least it has Kirby Superstar, which from what I've heard is another awesome game.

Dream Stone Spirit

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2019, 11:55:21 AM »
Maybe if one day I buy a NES mini, I'll be able to experience the game. But for now, I'm trying to get a SNES mini.

At least it has Kirby Superstar, which from what I've heard is another awesome game.
Kirby Super Star is amazing as well.  I don't have the same attachment to it as I do to Adventure, but that's just because the Smash Wii U demo starts you in Great Cave Offensive rather than Dyna Blade for some reason, and Great Cave Offensive is a terrible starting point for the game.

However, if you have an NTSC-region Wii, I strongly recommend Kirby's Dream Collection on Wii.  It's a compilation of six classic Kirby games: Kirby 1 and 2 for Game Boy, Kirby's Adventure for NES, Kirby Super Star and Kirby 3 for SNES, and Kirby 64 for N64.  It also includes some extra challenge stages based on the ones from RtDL, as well as an interactive (but a bit out-of-date) Kirby history.  It even includes three episodes from the anime, if you want a high-quality way to watch those.  So you might want to consider that.

Cuphead

• Cup boi
  • Dry Bowser
  • Toadgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2019, 11:38:41 PM »
Thanks, the only challenge is finding a store that sells it. Wii games are very rare in my country now, and Kirby games in general are also pretty rare. In fact, I bought Return To Dreamland from France during a family trip in 2013. Maybe I'll try to find Dream Collection in a Website someday, and I hope I do, since it has nearly every Kirby game, aside from the 3DS titles and Star Allies.

a furry

• Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2019, 11:41:42 PM »
TG, if Dream collection is an NTSC game...

Our Wii is PAL don't get too much hopes up.

Dream Stone Spirit

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2019, 11:48:30 PM »
Yeah, it wasn't released in Europe, unfortunately, so if you have a PAL Wii you would not only have to find a copy but you would have to mod your Wii to boot in region-free mode.

But, you are sure you have a PAL Wii, right?  I know you're in Europe, but the fact that you always refer to Kirby's Return to Dream Land by its American name rather than by its European title (Kirby's Adventure Wii) led me to think otherwise.  If your Wii is unmodded and yet your game case says Kirby's Return to Dream Land on it, then I'm pretty sure you've got an NTSC Wii.

a furry

• Shine Sprite
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2019, 11:52:47 PM »
We're not actually in Europe, but we bought a european Wii. And a PAL Switch too, but the Switch is region-free, so it can pretty much play anything.

And no, the game is called Kirby's AdventureWii with us but we heavily prefer the american name, which is why we call it that. Besides, all of our Wii games are PAL anyway.