Author Topic: Kirby Discussion Thread  (Read 887 times)

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special

• "It's Christmas again. It will never be the sa-a-a-a-ame. I know there's only sadness in my so-o-o-o-ul."
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
Re: Kirby Discussion Thread
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2018, 02:03:45 PM »
Kirby seems to be named a certain way because Sakurai liked the sound of a harsh-sounding name juxtaposed with a soft and squishy character. I'm not sure exactly why Kirby, part of me believes it's in part to John Kirby's role in the Universal-Donkey Kong lawsuit, though that's speculation on my end, and who knows if Sakurai even knows about that lawsuit.
"Mario begins his ascension to the celestial realm, Luigi spontaneously becomes a twitching pile of boneless flesh and Daisy is nonchalantly like 'this is fine'." -NanoRim

Santa Yoshi

• The Christmas Yoshi
  • Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2018, 06:16:50 PM »
I just found out that Kirby Super Star and Kirby: Triple Deluxe have similar names in Japan.  The former is Kirby of the Stars: Super Deluxe, while the latter is Kirby of the Stars: Triple Deluxe.  Interesting, considering that Super Star and Triple Deluxe aren't that related.

• "It's Christmas again. It will never be the sa-a-a-a-ame. I know there's only sadness in my so-o-o-o-ul."
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2018, 10:08:24 PM »
Well, "Triple Deluxe" is a deliberate name, as a play on 3D (three dimensions). Not sure if they were thinking about the original Kirby Super Star though.
"Mario begins his ascension to the celestial realm, Luigi spontaneously becomes a twitching pile of boneless flesh and Daisy is nonchalantly like 'this is fine'." -NanoRim

Santa Yoshi

• The Christmas Yoshi
  • Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2018, 01:31:49 PM »
So...I plan to get Return to Dream Land pretty soon.  I see that there's the physical Wii version, and then there's the digital Wii U version.  I'm thinking I should get the digital version, but I'm not entirely sure.

Also, if I get the digital version on Wii U, can I use the GamePad to play?

Czario

• Am I Russian or Italian, though?
  • Dry Bowser
  • Luigi 64DD
  • I play Tetris, I guess...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2018, 06:54:36 PM »

So this is a thing for some reason. I guess they obeyed the people who said to stop porting Wii U games by porting a Wii game.

Рождественский Малыш Луиджи

• Nick, you need to find a woman who hates herself, she'll love you.
  • Awards Committee
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 Патриотическая
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2018, 08:16:45 PM »
Nintendo can't let go of the 3DS can they
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

• Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2018, 08:17:36 PM »
Even Kirby Air Ride for 3DS would've gotten me more excited, but oh well, maybe my friend can enjoy this game, since he's a Kirby fan and he criminally missed out on this one.

Snoadgamer

• Always ready for Christmas
  • King Bowser
  • Toadgamer
  • Snoad also known as Snow Toad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2018, 10:17:00 AM »
I mean hey, there was a lot of Wii U ports on the Switch! Now it's a Wii port on the 3DS.
I need questions! | My wiki page
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

JC

• Wiki Bureaucrat
  • Cheep-Cheep
  • Mario jc
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2018, 01:20:34 AM »
Managed to get some sweet merch from the Kirby Cafe gift shop during a recent trip to Japan, including a Kirby's Adventure-styled glass tumbler and the soundtrack. :D

The cafe itself was fully booked, disappointingly.