Besides the Sensational Six, what Mickey Mouse character do you know?

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
Awards Committee
MarioWiki
winstein
As per the name, which could be unofficial for all I know, there are six prominently featured characters that are often spotlighted when it comes to the Mickey Mouse franchise: Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy and Pluto. With that said, Daisy Duck is the least popular among them so sometimes she is dropped from groups, but she is still easily more popular than most Mickey Mouse characters.

The reason for creating this topic is due to the huge comparisons one could make between Mario and Mickey, where both have expanded universes that started from something simple, so I am curious to see how many characters from the Mickey side of things us Mario fans could recognise beyond the six Mickey Mouse characters we mentioned. It's recommended that you don't look up Wikipedia or some Wiki to check the list of characters: just list the ones that you definitely recognise.

Because I am the first poster of this topic, I am going to put a number of who I recognise in spoilers so as to make sure the topic is less biased when it starts until there are enough posts.

- Pete
- Horace Horsecollar
- Clarabelle Cow
- Huey, Dewey, Louie
- Scrooge McDuck
- Max Goof
- Ludwig Von Drake
- Mortimer Mouse
- Figaro (actually comes from Pinocchio but is more of a Mickey Mouse character these days)
- Phantom Blot

Thank you for reading.

Hmm. I guess the problem here is that, if I know some of them, I would know most of those by their German names which are very likely different. So some very dodgy naming is afoot.

I know the six you mentioned.

There's the big, portly cat whose name is Pete I think.

I think there's a cow that appears in older cartoons. My mind is saying something like "Clarabelle", but I'm not sure. There's also a horse whose name I can't remember at all.

Then there is the cast of the "Lustiges Taschenbuch" series which has a lot of parallels with the DuckTales cartoon, but was a series of various comics featuring Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and the rest. I don't know if they count in this context, but there were Huey, Dewey, and Louie, Scrooge McDuck, Launchpad, Gizmoduck, the guy who's like an inventor and hangs out with a miniature robot with a lightbulb head (Daniel Düsentrieb), the witch duck with the black hair (Gundel Gaukelei), the guy who's just really lucky or something (Gustav Gans?), screwy old man duck (Primus Von Quack?), the Beagle Boys, Scrooge's business rival (McMoneysack?), etc.

Now that I think about it, I think there was also some sort of lanky rat guy who occasionally acted as Mickey's rival. Mind is saying "Mortimer", but idk.

That's all I remember off the top of my head.

Kurapika Kurta said:
Hmm. I guess the problem here is that, if I know some of them, I would know most of those by their German names which are very likely different. So some very dodgy naming is afoot.

I know the six you mentioned.

There's the big, portly cat whose name is Pete I think.

I think there's a cow that appears in older cartoons. My mind is saying something like "Clarabelle", but I'm not sure. There's also a horse whose name I can't remember at all.

Then there is the cast of the "Lustiges Taschenbuch" series which has a lot of parallels with the DuckTales cartoon, but was a series of various comics featuring Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and the rest. I don't know if they count in this context, but there were Huey, Dewey, and Louie, Scrooge McDuck, Launchpad, Gizmoduck, the guy who's like an inventor and hangs out with a miniature robot with a lightbulb head (Daniel Düsentrieb), the witch duck with the black hair (Gundel Gaukelei), the guy who's just really lucky or something (Gustav Gans?), screwy old man duck (Primus Von Quack?), the Beagle Boys, Scrooge's business rival (McMoneysack?), etc.

Now that I think about it, I think there was also some sort of lanky rat guy who occasionally acted as Mickey's rival. Mind is saying "Mortimer", but idk.

That's all I remember off the top of my head.

Based on what you mentioned and what I know:

Yes, the cat character is Pete.

Cow is Clarabelle, and horse is Horace Horsecollar.

- Inventor is Gyro Gearloose (forgot the bulb character's name)
- Witch duck is Magica De Spell
- Lucky guy is Gladstone Gander
- Not sure which Scrooge's business rival you mean, but it might be Rockerduck. Otherwise it's Flintheart Glomgold.
- Not familiar with old man duck

Lanky rat guy is indeed Mortimer.

Thank you for reading.

Ok I tried to look them up.

the guy who's like an inventor and hangs out with a miniature robot with a lightbulb head -Gyro Gearloose and Little Helper

the witch duck with the black hair -Magica De Spell

the guy who's just really lucky or something -Gladstone Gander

screwy old man duck -Ludwig von Drake <--in retrospect this was kind of a poor description

Scrooge's business rival -Flintheart Glomgold

chip and dale
scrooge mcduck
pete
max
donald duck's triplets?
uh, w/e the cow's name was

E: and after looking a the other lists, I recognize Huey/Duey/Luey as the triplets I mentioned as well as Clarabelle being the cow.
also surprised chip and dale havent been mentioned yet, I always thought they were more well known.

Scrooge McDuck, Donald's nephews (Loouie, Hooie, and Dooie?), those kid mice that I guess are Mickey's nephews, the female cow with a bell around her neck, Chip and Dale if they count, I think maybe some horse character, and that's about it.

Well, at first, Mickey Mouse was replaced by some black bunny called Oswald The Lucky Rabbit. I know he doesn't really count as a Mickey Mouse character, but he kinda is since a game called Epic Mickey got released on the Wii.

Anyway, besides the ones mentioned in the first post, the only characters I really know are the Beagle Boys.

winstein said:
With that said, Daisy Duck is the least popular among them so sometimes she is dropped from groups, but she is still easily more popular than most Mickey Mouse characters.

Thank you for reading.
oh great, another Daisy to deal with

don't know much about the Mickey Mouse characters besides those six. Pete, Max, Scrooge's nephews?

on the other hand, I kinda like to see a Mickey Mouse movie starring those characters for once.

fantanoice said:
Pretty much the cast of Mickey Speedway USA

Now that's a game I haven't heard in a while! Amazingly that game is still remembered. For anyone's information, the Mickey Speedway USA contains (besides the six characters):
- Pete
- Huey, Dewey and Louie
- Ludwig von Drake
- The weasels (started out in The Wind in the Willows, but are pretty much featured in Mickey Mouse otherwise)

LeftyGreenMario said:
don't know much about the Mickey Mouse characters besides those six. Pete, Max, Scrooge's nephews?

on the other hand, I kinda like to see a Mickey Mouse movie starring those characters for once.

So you know Gladstone Gander also? Just kidding, I know what you meant by the nephews, which would be Huey, Dewey and Louie I believe? Yes, the Duck family tree is complex if you know a few things from the Donald Duck comics.

I would also like a Mickey Mouse film, but I wonder if Disney would entertain with the idea of a Mickey Mouse film starring the extended cast in the style of the latest Mickey Mouse cartoon.

Thank you for reading.

I'm taking from the above comments that Ducktales characters count, so I guess I'll include the few I know. Do Chip and Dale: Resuce Rangers characters count too then? I'll just put the one I know at the bottom.
Chip
Dale
Pete
Grandma Duck
Clarabelle Cow
There's a male cow too that was on one of my puzzles but I don't know his name.
There's also those two little Mickey Mouse-like characters, they look like they should be his nephews but I don't know their names either.
Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
Mortimer Mouse
Scrooge McDuck
Huey
Dewey
Louie
Webby
Launchpad McQuack
Magica de Spell
Gadget Hackwrench (She's the Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers one)

Scrooge McDuck, Pete, Chip, and Dale.

The ones I didn't mention:

Scrooge, Hooey, Looey, Dooey, Horace and Clarabelle.

Back