Favorite and least favorite Mario characters

YoshiFlutterJump

Power Star
MarioWiki
YoshiFlutterJump
Say your favorite character, and then your least favorite.

Here’s mine:

Favorite: Yoshi (Super Mario World) - Always faithful to Mario, and is actually the sole reason Mario is alive to this day. Plus, he’s green, and green is my favorite color.

Least Favorite: Jojora (Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga) - This bratty fairy girl just taunts you as you climb Joke’s End. And once you get to the top, she pretends she’s inviting you to tea. She tells you to pick one of her “friends” (they’re all just alter-egos of the same person) to invite, and then she dukes it out with you! She is just plain annoying and attacks you out of the blue, without explanation. She is, by far, the worst character Nintendo ever invented.

I hope I’m not the main cause of that

Luigi is my favorite now because I’ve got no one else to put on the number one spot. And no, my username is not anything that indicates what character I like, it’s just that I love Koopa Troopas but don’t consider them as actual characters. I used to love the Koops from TTYD, but well, that slowly faded away because 1. I never played TTYD and probably never will unless it gets remade to the Switch (which is a little likely considering Luigi's Mansion is getting remade even if it’s for the 3DS). 2. Well, that also kinda has to do with the fact that if he’s not your active party member, he will never talk in what’s not the final cutscene, which is also a reason why I don’t like any of the Paper Mario partners individually because of their personalities. If anything, it has to be looks or abilities. I really hope that if Paper Mario ever gets back partners, they interact outside of being the active party member or with others.

Now for my least favorite I’d say Shadoo. He makes you go into the hardest challenge of SPM twice. And to be honest, even though the reward grants you the ability to stay in 3D mode as long as you want, it’s still kinda disappointing compared to what the first pit of 100 trials has in store for you. Thankfully he’s not that hard of a boss fight.

My favorite character is the one I'm named after, Fawful. I think it stemmed from a few factors back when I was first getting into the M&L series. One is that his dialogue was glorious, but that was never the only reason I liked him. Also because seeing any RPG villain not from the Koopa Troop recur at all was very surreal at the time. And his design was just very appealing to me, with a huge grin and big round glasses. I always liked small characters with huge heads/faces that have huge smiles, I would even often implement that into my (bad) childhood OCs. Then on top of that, they added the "beware the silly ones" vibe to him in BIS, a trope I tend to love as well. All-in-all, there's never been a time when this character wasn't ingeniously done (aside from maybe a small minority of his lines in Minion Quest, but I think that was probably the writer not realizing who they were writing for). So I've made him the mascot of my online presence.

My least favorite character, that's hard but probably Toad. The recent Paper Mario series has added a lot of fuel to that, but I already found those things (I don't even want to give it the distinction of a character) insufferable in Mario Kart games like DS and 7. I quite liked the Toad in Mario Kart 64 however, such a shame they didn't keep his voice from that game, which was actually relatively pleasant. As for the current depiction of Toads, the only ones I like are Toadsworth and Toadette. I don't like the idea of any Toad being playable in Smash Bros. though. Runner ups for least favorite character include Daisy and Pink Gold Peach. PGP is probably overall more insulting but fortunately isn't in too many games to bother me like Toad. This is personal opinion, no offense if you like them.

My favourite is obvious.

I fucking hate Dimentio.

My favorite is Rosalina, totally not obvious.

My least favorite , like i had said in the past , would be Wario even if i don't necesarily dislike him or anything , he just would be my lastest choice for anything.

BabyLuigiEagle.png

What's NOT to love about him???????????????????????????????

Also, people know that I hate Yoshi. I still hate Yoshi a lot btw.

Favorite? Dunno?
shrug_by_poisonluigi-daqceoa.png

Least favorite?
302.gif

A picture is worth a thousand words, so here are two thousand words (and much more if you count every single frame of the .gif, which I encourage you to do).

Easter Yoshi said:
Now the Fail Awards are going to come, and I’m gonna be the only one who votes Jojora for worst character...

I don't think Jojora would be a strong candidate for the Fail Awards. She's a minor boss from...one game and its remake.

Baby Luigi said:
Easter Yoshi said:
Now the Fail Awards are going to come, and I’m gonna be the only one who votes Jojora for worst character...

I don't think Jojora would be a strong candidate for the Fail Awards. She's a minor boss from...one game and its remake.
That doesn’t make me hate her any less. One question, though. Why do you and your sister hate Yoshi?

I understand it doesn't, but we probably won't add her to the poll, which is conducted towards a more general audience.

We don't like Yoshi because we find him quite annoying. We don't like his voice, his design, his personality, etc. When I see a picture of him, especially when he's at his happiest, I can't help but think about socking him in the face. Strangely enough, we started hating him around Mario Power Tennis, not when we're first exposed to that voice or appearance, and it stuck that way since.

Easter Yoshi said:
That doesn’t make me hate her any less. One question, though. Why do you and your sister hate Yoshi?
I don't like his voice and his demeanor and I think his cuteness feels forced.

But you know, I can still make good Yoshi-related things if you ask, no strings attached. I just have really strong opinions over a fictional character and I won't want hold it over anyone. I'd feel really bad myself if people feel uncomfortable for liking Yoshi just because of my opinions. I still enjoy content of Yoshi and Mario engaging positively with each other.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Easter Yoshi said:
I don't like his voice and his demeanor and I think his cuteness feels forced.

But you know, I can still make good Yoshi-related things if you ask, no strings attached. I just have really strong opinions over a fictional character and I won't want hold it over anyone. I'd feel really bad myself if people feel uncomfortable for liking Yoshi just because of my opinions. I still enjoy content of Yoshi and Mario engaging positively with each other.
It’s okay that you don’t like Yoshi. I just wanted to know why. Yoshi’ll always be my favorite though.

Easter Yoshi said:

I don't think anybody will argue that Jojora sucks. It's just that there are far worse.

Even my most hated character doesn't really need to go on any list since he only appeared in one game and I can take comfort in knowing I'll never see him again beyond like, a trophy in smash.

Of course. Thats how siblings work.

My favourite Mario character is Rosalina.
As for my least favourite Mario character it is King Boo.

Favourite? I can't believe no one's saying Bowser. He's the most developed Mario character!

Also I don't like Daisy.

Mr. Saltman said:
Favourite? I can't believe no one's saying Bowser. He's the most developed Mario character!

Mcmadness did imply Bowser in his post

Back