Super Smash Bros 2018 E3 Invitational

Pink Cat

Not always pink, not always a cat
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
Selected players will be able to compete in Switch Smash in it's first tournament before the game comes out and for us, we get to see what it looks like for presumably the first time, will you be watching?

If they get actual competitive players like in 2014 I'll be hype.

If we get a bunch of YouTube personalities who suck at Smash, then I'll still watch, but only to see the new gameplay.

Sunshine Yoshi said:
And Nintendo still refuses to show us actual footage of Smash 5.

I hope they refuse to show us footage of Smash 5 because they are making a really good suprise that they don't want us to see yet... Hopefully.
(And what do you think the good suprise is?)

They're clearly not going to show footage until E3 starts.

Captain America said:
If they get actual competitive players like in 2014 I'll be hype.

If we get a bunch of YouTube personalities who suck at Smash, then I'll still watch, but only to see the new gameplay.
Well we've got four Melee players and four Smash 4 players. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be. Aside from ZeRo, these guys weren't at the last invitational. That'll be a nice change of pace and let other players have a chance to shine.

Oh and Zelda Williams being there is also amazing.

I imagine they just chose the biggest name players who'd be good for PR and in this tournament's case people who didn't play in the last one. ZeRo's the exception I guess because he won the Smash 4 invitational. While Nintendo isn't really involved with the competitive scene they do occasionally sponsor and keep tabs on the scene so they have an idea of who the biggest players are right now.

All male lineup is really sucky. The last one had Milktea and another lady iirc. The international representation is pretty solid at least

Back