SMG1: Removed from Nintendo Selects?

What were your thoughts on Super Mario Galaxy 1?

• It was a great game, and should have stayed on the Nintendo Selects listing with SMG2.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • It was a great game, but SMG2 was horrible and should have been removed instead.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was okay, but it wasn’t one of the best Wii games.

• It was worse than its sequel, but still should have stayed on the Nintendo Selects listing.

• It was horrible and deserved its removal.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I have no opinion on this subject.

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

YoshiFlutterJump

Power Star
MarioWiki
YoshiFlutterJump
Nintendo Selects Wii Games

All right, here we have a funeral for SMG1. It is no longer a part of the Nintendo Selects branding. I’m not sure how long it has been since its removal, but now only SMG2 remains on that list. I do remember seeing it there once, but you will no longer find it no matter how hard you search. This may explain why Amazon's copy of the game is no longer priced at $20.

So what are your thoughts about its removal?

I didn't bat an eyelid.

I guess it sucks that you can't get a copy of the game for a cheaper price two generations ago though.

Nintendo Selects games are based entirely on how much they sell, not of their supposed quality.

Mario Party: Island Tour is considered a Nintendo Selects title. Same with Yoshi's New Island.

I think it's the age of Super Mario Galaxy that had it removed from the title, or if the print is sold out and they don't feel like reprinting it.

R.I.P. old friend... you're still my favorite Mario game...

Although I don't think it's too much of a big deal they removed it from the list, I mean not like its quality is affected by that or anything. Still the same old Mario Galaxy we got there, right?

does this mean I can sell/scalp my copy of it for a box of Mario cereal

why the fuck is mario all stars there

wasnt that supposed to be an exclusive pack in for the smb 25th anniversary pack

besides that the game is a laughing joke, its literally a 4 MB or so game on a dvd thats otherwise empty lmfao

Heh, I still have my original copy from 2007 and my OG Wii as well. Really makes you think about how much time has passed since the days of Mario going to space and Link becoming a wolf were big news.

Either way, it's rather unfortunate to here that it's being dropped from the Selects label... but understandable given that it's been over a decade now.

Galaxy will be a game that will never die. It will be a timeless classic until both it and Galaxy 2 get remastered on Switch along with Sunshine.

Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are equally great games. To say one is greater than the other, one must play both. Also, I have Nintendo Selects Galaxy 1, but regular Galaxy 2.

Back