Music wishlist for Switch Smash

Cell

Perfect
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
To prevent this from just naming stuff and moving on, perhaps you should describe why you want them in?

Jump Up Superstar:
Easily the most iconic song in Odyssey and it would be cool if a Mario stage had a vocal theme.

Veronica Battle(Fire Emblem Heroes)
Simply put, unless you watch the trailers or look it up on Youtube, you barely get to hear this song or any music in Heroes besides the enemy turn theme, this would be a good place to show it off

Cave theme(Startropics)
I doubt Startropics is gonna get a character but this theme is so good, it deserves not to be forgotten, I think it would fit a Zelda or Earthbound stage

Any remixes from Sonic series:
Come on Sega, you're so willing to let people remix songs in your own game, give Nintendo a chance.

On the subject of Sonic remixes, I'd like to see more songs from the Genesis games (preferably remixes) such as Stardust Speedway and Hydrocity, as right now we have two Classic songs, two Instrumentals, and about 10 different lyrical songs.
Though I would like to see Live & Learn, Open Your Heart, What I'm Made Of, Knight Of The Wind, and Endless Possibilities for the lyrical songs.

I have a lot of songs I'd like to see appear in the next Smash so I'm not going to be able to provide a reason for each one:

• Jump Up, Super Star! (Super Mario Odyssey) - If they are indeed adding songs from returning series, this is inevitable.
  • Break Free (Lead the Way) (Super Mario Odyssey) - Just throw this in while they're at it.
  • Bowser Battle 1 (Super Mario Odyssey) - My favourite song from Odyssey.
  • Rumble with Wendy! (Colour Splash) - Colour Splash had an excellent soundtrack so I hope at least one song gets in.
  • Prisma Splash! (Colour Splash) - Best credits theme I've heard in a while.
  • Hyrule Castle (Breath of the Wild) - They have to have at least one BOTW song, and I think this one is a good fit for Smash.
  • SR388 Surface (Samus Returns)
  • Shy But Deadly (Woolly World)
  • C-R-O-W-N-E-D (Rainbow Curse) - Surprised the original wasn't in Smash 4, so I hope this even better version makes it in.
  • Corneria (Star Fox Zero)
  • Battle! (Lorekeeper Zinnia) (OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire)
  • Dark Matter Battle 2 (Super Mystery Dungeon)
  • Guzma's Theme (Sun/Moon)
  • Dusk Falls (Fire) (Fates)
  • Alight (Storm) (Fates) - This would make a great Smash song for a Fire Emblem stage.
  • Road Taken (Roar) (Fates)
  • The Heritors of Arcadia (Shadows of Valentia) - Preferably both languages, though I'd be fine with just the English version since I liked it better than Lost in Thoughts All Alone's.
  • At least one of the heavy metal Fire Emblem arrangements from Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.
  • Splattack! (Splatoon) - With Inklings in Smash, this will definitely be in the game in some form.
  • Ink Me Up! (Splatoon) - At least one Squid Sisters song is inevitable, and this one seems to be the most popular.
  • Calamari Inkantation (Splatoon)
  • Inkoming! (Splatoon 2) - If they're going to add Splatoon's main theme, might as well add the second game's one.
  • Don't Slip! (Splatoon 2)
  • The Girl from Inkopolis (Splatoon 2)
  • Main Theme (ARMS) - I mean, not including this in the game would be a HUGE missed opportunity.
  • Via Dolce (ARMS)
  • Battle: Greenhorne (Miitopia)

• At least one more song from Mario Kart 8, preferably the DLC ones.
  • I'm Not Nice (Super Paper Mario)
  • The Ultimate Show (Super Paper Mario)
  • Peach's Theme (Mario Strikers Charged)
  • Snowmads Theme (Tropical Freeze) - Less iterations of DK Island Swing, more Tropical Freeze songs, please.
  • Aqueduct Assault (Tropical Freeze)
  • Big Top Bop (Tropical Freeze)
  • Mountaintop Tussle (Tropical Freeze)
  • Punch Bowl (Tropical Freeze) - (In fact, just throw the entire DKCTF soundtrack in.)
  • Levias Battle (Skyward Sword)
  • Ending (Metroid Prime) - Preferably the Brawl remix without the opening narration (the Subspace Emissary version).
  • Dark Samus Battle (Metroid Prime 2)
  • Rundas Battle (Metroid Prime 3)
  • Outer Rings (Epic Yarn)
  • Mona Pizza's Song (Twisted!) (Brawl) - bring this back
  • Mike's Song (Touched!) (Brawl) - this too
  • Unfinished Business (Xenoblade) - The one Xenoblade song missing from Smash 4.
  • Opening (Super Smash Bros. Melee) (Brawl) - Oddly missing from Smash 4 - hope it comes back.

if cloud's returning to this one then all I ask of nintendo is that they put in more final fantasy music than just two songs

Some that I'm hoping to see: (Generally I don't care if it's original or remix as long as the remix is good, but IDK if I'd like them all to just be copied from their games)

-The Grand Finale (remix, though since the remake is coming after Smash it should be different from THAT remix so as not to spoil it)

-The Ultimate Show (remix or original or both), because it's a fantastic theme and Paper Mario needs more music than what it got in SSB4

-A Paper Mario Medley that covers more than two games (preferably focusing on mainly pre-Sticker Star games)

-Rogueport SSB4 remix by itself, with the section SSB4 omitted from it, also the original version from TTYD

-The Final Antasma Battle or Never Let Up (remix or original or both), hopefully better than the underwhelming Try Try Again remix in Smash 4

-Mixed-Up Scramble (again, remix or original or both), I feel like the only person who prefers that over Big Bang

-Come On! (original/SSS+BM/remix)

-Fawful & Cackletta (original/SSS+BM/remix)

-The Marvelous Duo (original/SSS+BM/remix)

-Ludwig Battle (Color Splash) (original/remix)

-Rumble with Wendy (original/remix)

-Blackout (original/remix)

-Jump Up, Superstar!

-Break Free (Lead the Way!)

Jimmy T.'s theme from any Wario Ware game.

If they add Ashley's theme, why not Jimmy T.'s?

licensed music from my favorite artists, of course

Sherbet Land CD Version - Mario Hoops 3-on-3
Classroom - Mario Strikers Charged
Stormship Stadium - Mario Strikers Charged
Sudden Death - Sudden Death
Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix compilation: In the Whirlpool (Pomp and Circumstance), Jump! Jump! Jump!, Always Smiling, Piroli (Famicom Disk System start-up music), Where's the Exit?
Mario vs. Luigi 2nd level - New Super Mario Bros.
Chai Kingdom (new version like this NSMB mockup, no shortage of them in Youtube)
Black Tar - Xenoblade (with vocals)
Break Point and Set Point - Mario Tennis 64
True Mirror - Baten Kaitos
Foulwater Falls / Gurgle Gulch - Wario Land: Shake It!!
Craggy Coast - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time
Amp Plains - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time
Miror B. Battle - Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
Flower Fields - Kirby's Epic Yarn
Tube Town - Kirby's Epic Yarn
Cocoa Cave - Kirby Superstar
Pirate Lagoon - Diddy Kong Racing

Some of these I'd like "remix" versions. Stormship Stadium can use a remaster, for instance, and go even further and faster with the metal. DS tracks here should be redone too.l

I don't expect most of these to be in the game, given they're tracks people don't think of when they think of particular tracks from a series, but would be in for a field day if they do.

Music is the one one of three opportunities for obscure or lesser known Nintendo series to be in Smash. (The other two are Assist Trophies and Stages but it's very rare for a lesser known series to get a stage).

So here are some song I'd like in Smash from some lesser known series.

Title Theme - Famicom Tantei Club II
One of the more famous songs in the series. I didn't think it would be a good fit for Smash until I heard this official remix. Now I can totally see it.

Stage 1 - Solar Striker
This is Nintendo's only top down shoot em up (as far as I know). It has a pretty rad level theme that would go great for a Star Fox stage the same way "X" did.

Kitten - Master of Illusion
The whole soundtrack is really good for a Nintendo game that is essentially a tutorial on magic tricks. But I went with Kitten because I thought it would fit well with the Nintendogs stage. Maybe they'll upgrade the stage to have "+ Cats"? If so they need this song.

New victory theme arrangements (or better yet, a unique victory theme for each character).

Bowser's castle Medley.

Some Kirby music.

Guzma's theme.

3000 remixes of jungle japes.

Alm Battle Map 1, The Sword and the Saint, The Fallen Knight, Twilight of the Gods, Heritors of Arcadia, Road Taken (Roar), Id~Hope

Can't think of much of the top of my head, but a super pumped-up version of Aquatic Ambience would be funny.

Guile's Theme
How do you put Street Fighter in the game, without putting the most iconic song from the series in the game?

Mega Man X medley
Mega Man X has one of the best Video Game OSTs, so it would be hard to choose just one song from the game, Solution: Why not have all eight stage themes in one song? This would also give one of the Mega Man subseries some attention in Smash outside of Mega Man's Final Smash.

Final Boss (SMW2)
What is essentially Rock Music is a perfect fit for any Fighting game, so a remix of it that also plays on a Yoshi stage pretty much nails the appeal of Smash.

Some more!

Kirby's Adventure - Yogurt Yard - a "redone" version; the Planet Robobot one is just from Canvas Curse, not the ideal version. But this song is so cheery and happy, perfect for slugging other people in the face.
Mario Superstar Baseball - Menu theme
Mario Party: Island Tour - Let's Go (won't be the complete song, lol, just want to hear it as part of a minigame compilation or something)
Think It Out - Mario Party DS <- example compilation
Diddy Kong Racing - Windmill Plains possibly redone
Diddy Kong Racing - Spaceport Alpha possibly redone
Baten Kaitos - Chaotic Dance
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - Circuit theme from Mario Kart Double Dash
Mario Kart DS - Shroom Ridge - redone
Mario Kart: Super Circuit - Snow Land - redone
Hyrule Warriors - Skyloft
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - Final boss - redone

And let's not forget tracks from SSX on Tour, the most Mario of games.

Edit: I forgot some tracks!!

Captain America said:
Hyrule Castle from BOTW is a must.
Building off of this, the main BOTW theme. It doesn't actually play in-game iirc, it was just in trailers, but it still should be there.

I'd like Jump Up Super Star and maybe some more Mario Kart 8 tracks. Ton of good music in that game. For Pokemon I'd like the Kahuna and Tapu battle themes, as well as the Elite 4 and Champion battle themes.

One Winged Angel and more Final Fantasy music in general, and finally more DK tracks besides 15 remixes of the same theme.

A bajillion earthbound series songs.

Something from Mario Party. Seriously, that series is very lacking in music tracks, and the tracks that they chose from that series isn't quite representative to that game! Even Paper Mario has a wider variety of tracks, so Mario Party should have too. Some examples of what they could add include:
- Mario Party DS - Think It Out
- Mario Party 3 - Minigame Medley (actually, any Mario Party game could have a Minigame medley, but I picked 3 because it's the most underappreciated Mario Party)
- Mario Party 10 - Badminton Bash
- Mario Party: Island Tour - Main Theme
- Mario Party 9 - Magma Mine

Now for other Mario-related tracks...
- Mario Golf: World Tour - Forest Course
- Paper Mario: Colour Splash - Battle Theme
- Paper Mario: Colour Splash - Fearsome Foe
- Mario Tennis Aces - Match Point
- Super Mario Odyssey - Fossil Falls
- Super Mario Odyssey - Jaxi Theme
- Mario Kart 8 - Mount Wario
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - Mountain Mania

Thank you for reading.

You know, I think Smash Switch should have an easy custom music function as how Super Mario Run has one. That way, they can focus on new versions of existing songs rather than fret about what songs to add for what stage.

Back