Smash Bros. Character Merit (Ultimate Edition)

SonicMario

Star Spirit
Hello there, I’m making a bit of a sequel thread to my previous Merit thread in honor of the new game coming up. Like it has been since I started this, suggest characters and I’ll give my opinion on what chances they have to be included in this upcoming game.

Though first I want to give my thoughts on many of the characters of the previous game. We have to remember that last game the roster was HUGE. While I do expect most of the characters to return anyway. I feel like there’s a possibility they at least temporarily cut some characters from the base game. But I wouldn’t fret for most characters, because I feel this time around updates and/or DLC can rectify that situation pretty quickly. Though I suppose one point against that is that’s not something Sakurai likes to do. But still, it is kinda hard to believe that all the nearly 60 characters will all come back immediately given how soon this game is coming out, though I’d love to be wrong.

That said, I want to just mention briefly how I feel the likelihood these characters will at least be in the base game should it come down to some being left out or not. I will also mention characters that I think could be saved for later should they decide to go for periodic updates and DLC like I mentioned earlier.

This is mostly speculation as for all I know, every single playable character from Smash 4 could be safe and sound after all. But if there is any doubt about that, I want to explore what the possibilities are. I think Smash 4 will still generally be used as a building block even if there is quite a bit new with this game. Sakurai will treat this as if it’s Smash 6 (Reminder that he considers 3DS to be Smash 4, and Wii U to be Smash 5), So even if it turns out to be mostly a port, Sakurai will still treat most of the returning characters as veterans. Even the ones that were newcomers in Smash on 3DS and Wii U.

CHARACTERS ALREADY CONFIRMED 100%
• Mario
• Link
• Inkling
• Pit
• Donkey Kong
• Samus
• Bowser

(Note: The last 4 are just the most obvious silhouettes in the trailer)

POSSIBLY CONFIRMED (Silhouettes leave it somewhat vague but there’s a possibility it’s them)
• Yoshi
• Kirby
• Marth
• Pikachu
• Zelda

SHOE-IN FIRST PARTY CHARACTERS
• Luigi
• Peach
• Rosalina
• Bowser Jr.
• Wario
• Diddy Kong
• Ganondorf
• Palutena
• Meta Knight
• King Dedede
• Fox
• Ness
• Captain Falcon
• Villager
• Olimar
• Shulk

VERY LIKELY
• Mr. Game and Watch
• Ike
• Robin
• Little Mac
• Mewtwo
• Falco

LIKELY
• Charizard
• Lucario
• Greninja
• ROB
• Lucas
• Roy
• Corrin

TOSS-UP FIRST PARTIES
• Duck Hunt
• Wii Fit Trainer

(Note: It’s not that I don’t think they’ll return. They’re just 2 newcomers from Smash 4 I’m not sure that feel like they would be high priority. They could easily come back at a later time though.)

DEPENDENT ON MECHANICS BUT LIKELY
• Shiek (Without a 3DS version, could Zelda transform again?)
• Zero Suit Samus (Similar to Shiek)
• Mii Fighters (The question here is if custom moves make a return. I think somehow someway they will get the Miis in again. The question is if they will be the same as they are in Smash 4. If Custom Moves don’t return, do the Miis go with them? Or perhaps will they be the only characters with custom moves? Maybe they’ll be given a default moveset. Or the Miis revamped into a different character altogether)

CHARACTERS POSSIBLY SAVED FOR LATER IF NOT ALL RETURN FOR THE BASE GAME
• Toon Link
• Jigglypuff (Might be weird to say given last thread I mentioned the seemingly invincibility of the Original 12. But to be fair Jigglypuff has been kind of singled out sometimes. Heck for some reason in the Smash 4 trophy collection. She’s listed among the Brawl characters rather then with the other 11 characters from the original game. She also nearly missed Brawl at one point. I wouldn’t like it, but there may be a chance Puff fans could have to wait until later if any characters are left out of the base game. I’d love to be wrong though. Because I kinda love the tradition around the Original 12. But should it happen for the first time that an Original 12 is left out of the base game, Puff is on the chopping block. Though probably not for long thanks to the age of updates and/or DLC)
• Dr. Mario*
• Dark Pit*
• Lucina

*This might just be a slight thing that I’d prefer to see happen. These 2 are cheap clones so they could easily come back especially if for the most part the roster is mostly porting from Smash 4. But I think it would be a plus to make it an option to have these characters or not. If they’re released later, I’ll never buy them. But for those who would like clones like Dr. Mario and Dark Pit back, they can have them potentially through this.

SHOE-IN THIRD PARTIES
• Sonic (Sonic Forces and Sonic Mania was on Switch plus Mario + Sonic Tokyo is already a known thing. Plus still one of the most popular characters, and Sega and Nintendo show no signs of friction between one another.)
• Megaman (The legacy collection plus Megaman 11 are coming to Switch. And Megaman was a really wanted newcomer that put a lot of hype for the previous game. I think we can count on him returning)
• Bayonetta (It would be weird if they left out who was announced as the ballot winner for the previous game. Not to mention we have Bayonetta 3 coming later. Those in the competitive scene of Smash 4 won’t like it. But I’d say Bayonetta has a really good chance of being back)

TOSS-UP THIRD PARTIES
• Ryu (There was a Street Fighter game on Switch. Even if it wasn’t the latest game in the series exactly. I think it’s possible they save him for later as DLC again or something. But it’s tough to call at the moment I feel)

THIRD PARTIES POSSIBLY IN LIMBO
• Pac-Man (Namco-Bandai isn’t credited with this game yet. They were a big part of Smash 4’s development. And that may have been the big reason Pac-Man made it in the first place. That said Pac-Man has made it on the Switch though a retro collection. And it’d be a shame to lose him for this game since with him, Mario, Megaman, and Sonic it felt like it really was the Mount Rushmore of Gaming with them all in. We’ll have to see how it goes)
• Cloud (It would absolutely suck if he left given he’s so fun to play as. But he’s the only other one besides Pac-Man that’s hard for me to say if they’ll include him in the base game right away. I would love him to be. But as of now I just don’t know. It’s not like they confirmed the FF7 Remake is coming to Switch yet either. But who knows. Even if he isn’t on the base game though I could easily see him becoming DLC once again)

Last but not least, I will give my thoughts on the inclusion of the Inkling as I did for every newcomer in the previous thread

INKLINGS

Type of Character: Newcomer
Franchise: Splatoon

My Level of Want

I’ve only rented the first game once. Generally ok to me. It’s a franchise that’s more oriented in the online matches then it’s single player. So personally i’m not too interested in the franchise. But that said I think they are worthy inclusions for this game for sure.

General Merit Thoughts

There is absolutely no doubting that Splatoon has become a hit new IP for Nintendo. It was only a matter of time until they’d find their way into Smash. And I’m all for it. It will be very interesting how they translate Splatoon into a Smash fighter. I really don’t have much else to say other then yeah, this is an inclusion that was pretty obvious if any newcomers were to be made for the next game. There’s no question they have good merit for Smash. Hit new franchise, a new IP that could very well represent Nintendo’s recent endeavors, and as I already mentioned plenty of potential in moveset that will be interesting how they implement things. I give a very warm welcome to the Inklings into Smash

And that’s all for now. Feel free to ask me how I feel about any potential newcomers and veterans that didn’t make it back in Smash 4. This is (Or at least partly) a new game and thread. So even if I already talked about them in the previous thread feel free to suggest I talk about them again. With so little information we have on the game I may need to come back to any suggestions that are made before E3 afterward. Because who knows where this train of hype takes us. As with any Smash speculation scene, there will probably be characters we don’t see coming and possibly even more unwritten “rules” being broken with new characters riling up the fanbase.

There will probably be moments where I’m dead wrong, but I don’t care because Smash speculation is back. And it’s a wonderful thing for sure. I'm excited for what's in store for us. Even when the game is released, it will most likely not be over for a little while now. Speculation ahoy!

Re: Smash Bros. Character Merit (Switch Edition)

Rayman

Whenever a character I gave thoughts on in the previous thread I'll link the post in which I did. But as a bonus I will also mention if the character's chances has increased or decreased in any capacity.

Rayman

Type of Character: 3rd Party Newcomer
Franchise: Rayman

My Level of Want

As I mentioned the last time I talked about Rayman. I would absolutely be cool with him getting in. It's still so weird that he got a trophy in Smash 4 but didn't get the chance to be playable. But perhaps it's time that's rectified.

Estimated Chance

I actually think Rayman's chances have at least slightly increased. I was dead wrong about Rayman being the most likely 3rd Party inclusion for DLC last time. But it's a strong possibility he was being saved for this game instead. Also Ubisoft and Nintendo seems to have really patched things up over the whole Wii U situation. Rayman Legends got the definitive version on Switch. And let's not forget the surprise hit that was Mario and Rabbids: Kingdom Battle. While the latter didn't really include Rayman. The rabbids were once Rayman franchise characters, so I still say it helps. As it's probably the game to determine Ubisoft's current relationship with Nintendo. I was wrong last time, but I'll continue to think he's probably the most likely 3rd Party newcomer as of right now.

Will Takamaru finally get in this time???

Oh yay I loved this last time. I'm so happy to have Smash hype back in my life.

Anyway, how about Shovel Knight?

Main guy from arms

Takamaru

Type of Character: Newcomer (Smash 4 Assist Trophy)
Franchise: The Mysterious Murasame Castle

My Level of Want

Pretty much the same as any other retro rep. Which I'd be ok with them being in, though obviously I won't know too much about them or their game. So my response will always be "Heh, ok" in regards to that.

Estimated Chance

Takamaru has been said he was considered for Smash 4 by Sakurai himself. But Sakurai didn't think he'd be quite popular enough. Though that is strange since Sakurai has not shied away from including characters that almost no one requested. If we were to go back in time to before we knew anything about Smash 4, who would of thought Wii Fit Trainer would of made it in of all things? Because he was in consideration though, chances might be slightly increased. It only depends on how Sakurai views his demand. Perhaps now that Takamaru supporters know he was considered they could be more vocal about it this time, or Sakurai could just say "Screw it" and get him in anyway. I think he's certainly one of the most likely retro newcomers. As after inclusions like Duck Hunt, I'm not sure there's much else that are obvious. Maybe Mach Rider?

Shovel Knight

Franchise: Shovel Knight

My Level of Want

If he made it in, I wouldn't be quite as upset as if he did so as DLC in Smash 4. As now it has been a decent amount of time. Plus Shovel Knight may as well be a franchise now that the game has had some expansions since then. I can't say I'd be thrilled with him as like I said the last time talking about Shovel Knight. That Shantae would be a better indie choice should there be one. But who knows.

Estimated Chance

Shovel Knight was the #1 choice among Reddit fans of Smash. Was Reddit's support enough to launch Shovel Knight into this Smash through the ballot? I do think Shovel Knight's chances are higher then last time no matter what, but I can't tell yet if it's only by a little bit or even largely increased. I do feel Bayonetta's inclusion might of finally been the one to break open the space for 3rd Parties beyond just legendary status. I mean no offense to Bayonetta of course, but I'm not sure I can call her quite as legendary as most of the other 3rd parties. And that may all that fans hoping for indie characters need for backing.

Spring Man

Franchise: ARMS

My Level of Want

Eh, I'd be fine with him. Just not someone I'd be excited about necessarily. Hell from what I hear even fans of ARMS would prefer a different character over Spring Man. Though maybe they'd include Ribbon Girl at least for the gendered alts like Robin, Wii Fit Trainer, and most certainly the Inklings will have. I haven't played ARMS yet. It seems like it could be a fun game, though there's that strange feeling that the game isn't exactly taking people by storm like Splatoon did.

Estimated Chance

And because it hasn't got the Splatoon following I'm not exactly sure if there's that good of a chance Spring Man makes it. I could see Assist Trophy as a stronger possibility. Or even a stage hazard in an ARMS stage. Where he'll be throwing his spring arms at fighters that you have to try to dodge. But there is always the possibility they include him even if not for popularity sake, but for promotion of ARMS. As the fact he would have such long ranged punches might make for an interesting moveset that Sakurai can't resist trying his hand at. If he's included, I think it will be mostly because Nintendo wants to promote ARMS more then actual fan requests for him. So this all depends on Nintendo's marketing department and if they'd like ARMS to get some more sales through Smash promotion.

Wonder red

King K. Rool

Sans
also Knack

someone is gonna mention it eventually so it might as well be me: how about waluigi?
also thoughts on a potential rhythm heaven rep?

Chorus Kids, or any other Rhythm Heaven character you want to talk about instead

edit: thanks splash
Dixie Kong, then

Would love to see Daisy with a moveset based on the Mario Party series, using Dice Blocks or minigame mechanics or something. idk, just something comical could work for her.

Golden Sun's Isaac was an Assist Trophy in Brawl, but completely absent in Smash 4. Seeing him or his son Matthew with Psynergy based attacks would be cool.

Keeping with the trend of most-recent-FE-character, Robin could be replaced with Alm/Celica, since they both use swords and magic, albeit differently.

I think I'd yell in joy if a car from FX Race became a playable character. I honestly wonder what its chances are, since obscurity didn't stop Ice Climbers or Ness or Marth from getting in. I also think the same for Tamagon. There are probably a ton of more obscure retro characters too, but Tamagon, Takamaru, and Stunt Race FX Car probably are "wanted obscure Nintendo crap" for me.

Mario Kart DS Fan said:
I Got No iPhone said:
Fawful, Paper Mario?
i'm in on fawful, but paper Mario? nah.
That's certainly not an opinion I hear often.

i think i rather prefer fawful over paper mario too

Wonder Red

Type of Character: 3rd Party (Or is it 2nd Party? Technically Nintendo published this game) Newcomer
Franchise: The Wonderful 101

My Level of Want

Never played Wonderful 101 but from I heard it’s quirky game that could prove to have some good moveset potential. I also can’t tell if Wonder Red would count as 3rd Party or not, since Nintendo actually published the game with Platinum games (It’s kinda the same situation with trying to say Bayonetta is a Sega character, Sega simply publishes it. Is that enough to consider Bayonetta as a Sega character? I’m not sure)

Estimated Chance

Honestly, I think Platinum Games is happy enough with Bayonetta. I don’t think it’s necessary to have anyone else. I’m sure Wonderful 101 is a good game from what I hear. I don’t know if good enough to catapult another Platinum Games rep into Smash though. I do hear they plan on porting the game to Switch eventually. But I don’t know if that will be enough. So basically I think Bayonetta has already taken any chance of Wonder Red making it in as playable. So chances are pretty low.

King K. Rool

Franchise: Donkey Kong

My Level of Want

Ah yes, the most wanted character through the ballot in most Smash fansites. I’m not a Donkey Kong series fan myself, but to finally get him for the fans who really do want him would be nice to see. He’s certainly deserving enough. I wasn’t sure of his chances last time I talked about him only because I wasn’t sure if DLC characters would go the extra length to be all unique. But I was very wrong given what we got.

Estimated Chance

While he did get skipped out of DLC despite seemingly to be the overall favorite from Smash communities. I feel his chances are even stronger this time around. If there’s going to be anymore hype-causing 1st party characters other then the Inklings, I have no doubt K. Rool just has to be there. There’s also rumors that Nintendo plans on making Donkey Kong Country a pretty big series from now on. And it may even be possible K. Rool might not be the only DK character if that’s true. While K. Rool might not have appeared in a game in a while. That could change pretty quickly. Maybe it starts with Smash.

Sans

Franchise: Undertale

My Level of Want

Yeaaaaahhhhhhh….. no… Sorry. I don’t hate Undertale, I don’t think Sans would be or even should be the character if by some miracle Undertale was represented. Sans is a fun character, but no.

Also if by any reason some follower of MatPat’s theories gets here. No, Sans is not Ness. That’s just silly.

Estimated Chance

No chance whatsoever. The world would really have to go upside down for Undertale to even get a character in the first place. And it’d no doubt be the player’s character. I’d find it hard to believe Sans would even be the 2nd rep cause that might fit more for a certain spoiler character

(Not going to really bother with Knack. Character that’s sony exclusive and is often the butt of all jokes even for Sony fans. Only reason I’m treating Sans semi-seriously is the fact we now know Undertale’s heading to Switch)

Waluigi

Franchise: Mario

My Level of Want

I’d love Waluigi to be in Smash. He’s just so fun and quirky of a character I can’t help but enjoy him. I even got an amiibo of him (The only non-smash Amiibo I have actually). So I definitely would like him.

Estimated Chance

Unfortunately, I don’t think his chances are any higher then they were last time. Nothing has happened to indicate Waluigi have any improvements to his chances in Smash. That said I don’t think they’re any lowered either. If Sakurai feels like this time is the time for the Sports series and/or spin-offs to finally get a rep. I have no doubt in my mind Waluigi would be first. Though I do think that if Waluigi does come in. A certain other controversial character (Or at least, some of the character’s fanbase that makes them so dividing) will also have the door opened for them (And they’ll be in this same post too)

Chorus Kids/Other Rhythm Heaven character

Franchise: Rhythm Heaven

My Level of Want

Never played the series but they could be a quirky character indeed. I think I mentioned in the previous thread that since they’re multiple characters. The 3DS could of been why they were held back. But maybe they no longer apply. Chorus Kids mainly got steam through the ol’ Gematsu Leak. Which is still a debate on whether it was a leak that coincidentally got a lot right even if a few things went wrong (Chrom for example) or if it was simply outdated in it’s information.

Estimated Chance

If the leak was indeed outdated information, then that means Chorus Kids were considered heavily at one point. And if that’s so, they may actually have a great chance this time around. Their chances might be slightly higher as a result. I’m not sure if I’d say they’re a sure thing yet. But they will be a possibility I’d say

Dixie Kong

Franchise: Donkey Kong

My Level of Want

Would be fine with Dixie but not personally exciting for me given she’ll most likely be a semi-clone of Diddy. But she’s certainly one of those potential semi-clones that would deserve a spot to be sure.

Estimated Chance

I think there’s a possibility that even if King K. Rool makes it in first, that Dixie can too. As I mentioned in my opinion on K. Rool’s chances, Nintendo is rumored to be wanting to make Donkey Kong a big franchise in the future. And increasing the reps in Smash could certainly be indicative of that. But either way I think her chances are higher then they were last time. Heck, she’s playable in Tropical Freeze and we know that’s getting ported to the Switch. So just maybe we’ll have Dixiie join sooner or later.

Daisy

My Level of Want

Ohhhhhhhhh boooooooooyyyyyy here we go again. I went on a whole tirade on Daisy last time I made the merit thread. And I’m afraid in terms of personal want. Things have hardly changed. Granted there are some characters that made it in Smash 4 that I like Daisy more then (Dr. Mario and Dark Pit) but that’s not exactly an sign of improvement of how I’d feel about Daisy getting in Smash.

Estimated Chance

My distaste for Daisy getting in Smash isn’t the only things that’s remained the same. Daisy really hasn’t gotten any more likely then she was last time. Though objectively, she’s almost literally in the same boat as Waluigi. If Waluigi gets in, the door is wide open for Daisy to get in too. And vice versa. As someone who does not support Daisy, but wouldn’t mind Waluigi. I know I’d have to take the good with the bad. I don’t think one gets in without the other. But I’m not confident either will make it still. There have been no improvement in focus on Waluigi and Daisy other then they got amiibos. But that just doesn’t matter all that much.

Issac

Franchise: Golden Sun

My Level of Want

Would be alright with him. But I’d be heavily surprised if he makes it at all for a few reasons I mentioned when I covered him last time

Estimated Chance

It’s not any bigger then last time. If anything it’s decreased because he was cut from the assist trophy roster for crying out loud. Golden Sun unfortunately just isn’t relevant. Issac missed his best chance back in the Brawl days. And with the franchise being pretty dormant. I don’t think chances are good at all.

Alex95 said:
Keeping with the trend of most-recent-FE-character, Robin could be replaced with Alm/Celica, since they both use swords and magic, albeit differently.

Before I get into Celica. I personally don’t think Robin is going to be cut. Awakening was so successful, I don’t know why they’d cut him out of all characters. Especially since they brought back Roy of all characters after so long. If any FE character gets cut. Lucina’s probably on the chopping block. She's from awakening too, but she's a clone. Robin is unique.

Celica

Franchise: Fire Emblem

My Level of Want

As with any character from a franchise I personally don’t have too much interest in. It’s an “eh” from me. She seems to be from an old game in the series which actually might make it harder for her to get in Smash since for the exception of Marth. Most of the other FE characters were based on a game that was relatively new at the time they debuted.

Estimated Chance

Celica has a lot of competition anyway even if they do decide to go with an older character then is normal for Smash to give Fire Emblem. There’s so many other Fire Emblems. And probably more popular characters to boot like Lyn for example. That said, I’m not too big in the Fire Emblem scene. So maybe I’m dead wrong about this. Apologies if I am.

Stunt Racer

Franchise: Stunt Race FX

My Level of Want

It’d be absolutely crazy to have a playable car in the game. It has happened before in a fighting game (A Daytona USA car was playable in an old Sega fighting game). But still would absolutely be hilarious if it were to happen in Smash. It’s the kind of WTF character that if revealed in some wild trailer should make people laugh at how ridiculous but still awesome it would be. I’d be fine with if it were to happen. Sakurai if he’s feeling to be that crazy genius mood again for a character like he kinda was for ROB or the Wii Fit Trainer.

Estimated Chance

Probably pretty low. As crazy as it would be, a playable car might be too crazy for even Sakurai to consider. And more feasible retro/obscure reps would probably be more priority. But no doubt it would be one of the funniest days in Smash Bros. history if it were to happen.

Fawful

My Level of Want

I kinda find him annoying personally, but I don’t exactly hate him per se. He serves fine as a recurring antagonist in the M&L series, don’t really have much else to say about him that I already said. Heck in that post I mention how I think even Geno is more likelier. And as it turns out that might of been correct since Sakurai did consider Geno ever since Brawl.

Estimated Chance

Chances aren’t any better then last time. Sure, Superstar Saga and Bowser’s Inside Story are getting remakes (The latter of which he is the main villain for pretty much) but I don’t think they help him much at all. I doubt RPG villains have much probability of being playable in Smash. As it was last time. I feel the only other character from any Mario RPGs that have a shot at being playable is the one that’s next.

Paper Mario

My Level of Want

I’ve said for a while now that Paper Mario is the only alternate version of a character already in Smash I could get behind other then maybe Beast Ganon. Though one thing that certainly might be a concern is that Paper Mario could be made to have more Sticker Star and Color Splash references then to the previous games. As divisive Super Paper Mario was, I feel people would be more ok with moves being brought from that game then the most recent ones. I think the only way they could have something that appeals to everything from Paper Mario that might serve as a compromise is if they pick one partner from each of the game. One partner from each of the first two games, a Pixl from Super Paper Mario, Kersti (as unpopular that would be heh) from Sticker Star, and Huey from Color Splash being partners you could switch through that give Paper Mario different abilities. Think of a fusion between the Pokemon Trainer and Ice Climbers. But that might be pretty complicated.

Estimated Chance

I don’t really know at this point. Maybe if Color Splash ever gets ported to the Switch (Or a brand new game gets announced at E3) it’s a possibility? But I’m not sure chances are any higher at this point. Paper Mario is still the Mario RPG fanbase’s biggest hope though. If Sakurai feels it’s time to give those RPGs some love. We will most likely see Paper Mario. (Though given revelations we found out during Smash 4 DLC speculation, maybe Geno could actually be a legit threat now)

Bomberman

Franchise: Bomberman

My Level of Want

I’d be cool with Bomberman. Always enjoyed the chaos that was a Bomberman multiplayer game. I did get to rent Super Bomberman R for a bit. Ok game, but probably not worth the full price it was sold for. Bomberman’s voice acting in the game is super cheesy but I don’t expect high-tier voice acting from a cartoony series like Bomberman. I wonder, if at least some of the alternate color alts will also have the other characters with their new personalities and own voices. Such as the Black and Red Bombers. Smash 4 showed that was possible through the Koopalings. So just maybe.

Estimated Chance

After the steep dive the Metal Gear franchise took, Bomberman might actually be the most likely Konami rep now. I’m serious, Metal Gear just isn’t in the position it is anymore to really bring Snake back into the series. Castlevania hasn’t had a new game in 4 years and the last game on a Nintendo console was one in 3DS back in 2013. Simon Belmont would likely have to be a Cloud-like surprise to get in. Bomberman would make a great fit with the cast of Nintendo characters. We don’t know if Konami will get a rep at all, but I’m actually thinking should it happen. I think Bomberman may just have his day. If it happens, maybe the #FucKonami messages will stop. Only for a minute though, because #FucKonami

Regarding Chorus Men, a series icon for Rhythm Heaven was found grouped with the other playable series icons by dataminers. That plus the Gematsu leak makes me think the Chorus Men or a RH character in general was planned.

Okami
Balloon Fighter
Ashley
Sora

Celica
Most of the other FE characters were based on a game that was relatively new at the time they debuted.
That said, I’m not too big in the Fire Emblem scene. So maybe I’m dead wrong about this. Apologies if I am.

If you were unaware, Celica (along with Alm) originated in Gaiden, the second game in the series. This game saw a very well received remake recently with Shadows of Valentia. While technically not recent, they both are relevant again in the FE community. There are even 2 versions of Celica in Heroes. She's also Warriors while Alm isn't.

Personally I can't say of any of that increases her chances for a Smash appearance. Having played through SoV twice now, I don't think there's much she could bring to the table that Robin doesn't since she's also a sword-wielding mage. Magic works differently in her game in that spell casting hurts the caster and I don't think anyone would want another Pichu scenario.

Dovahkiin due to how universally acclaimed Skyrim is and seeing that Nintendo is getting some Skyrim love.

Crash Bandicoot for being a video game icon and the recent announcement of the Crash N Sane trilogy being ported to the Switch.

Back