Forum Moderator
Pronouns
She/They
MarioWiki
Fawfulthegreat64
BIS REMAKE!

I can't believe it! Looks awesome! :bowser:

BiS_DX_Logo.jpg

I freaked out when this came on. Seriously. This is my reaction.

It's a shame that PIT got skipped over though. PIT + BIS would've been better than Minion Quest 2.0 imo.

Releasing 2019, a bit late for a remake imo, hilarious that Smash is coming sooner lol.

I'm very sour over how they skipped Partners in Time.

Like, very sour.

Mario and Luigi: Bower's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey

SHOWTIME!

We're skipping past Partners in Time and going straight to the best one, coming to 3DS, the game contains updated graphics and a new side story mode similar to Bowser's minions but with Bowser Jr as the star, it is due in 2019.

I literally thought right when I saw this in the Direct that FTG would be ecstatic and Baby Luigi would be furious and here you both are.

That kind of is a slap in the face to PIT fans; I mean it was less popular but still.

Yup, they have officially run out of ideas.

Plague Knight said:
That kind of is a slap in the face to PIT fans; I mean it was less popular but still.
I agree, I think a double-pack with both of them would've been better than Minion Quest 2 with BIS enemies instead of SSS enemies, but how can I complain when this literally made me freak out live on camera for the first time really. Wish it was sooner than 2019 though, seems a bit far-out for a remake. I want to see Fawful's sprite too but they didn't show it.

While I like Bowser's Inside Story a lot, I feel a little saddened Partners in Time was skipped over. It really could have used a remake the most of the pre-3DS Mario & Luigi game, if just to add sidequests and make battles a little less tedious.

Mcmadness said:
Yup, they have officially run out of ideas.

A little concerned about this myself, too. Two remakes in a row? I assumed they would switch every other game.

They just want to reuse as much assets as possible. Because it would be too much effort to make Baby Mario and Baby Luigi player character sprites from scratch.

Now while I was willing to make excuses for Superstar Saga, I can't really defend this remake.
Which is probably why AlphaDream made Bowser Jr. the protagonist of Not-Minion Quest to bribe me into playing this one in a timely manner.

Baby Luigi said:
They just want to reuse as much assets as possible. Because it would be too much effort to make Baby Mario and Baby Luigi player character sprites from scratch.
But so would pretty much every single character exclusive to BiS sprites would have to be remade from strach

Baby Luigi said:
They made various enemy and character sprites from scratch for the first one(probably still not as many as a PiT remake would require but still).
The obvious answer is that, like SSDX, this will barely add new content to the main game with most of the new content being for the side game.
That said, even though I know already it in my heart, I'm still gonna be disappointed when Bowser doesn't get a battle ring.

NSY said:
Baby Luigi said:
But so would pretty much every single character exclusive to BiS sprites would have to be remade from strach

Player character sprites (and of course models) are the most detailed and have the most extensive sprite sheet, because not only do they have a ton of animations for the overworld, but a lot of them for battle. For this game, they already have Mario, Luigi, and Bowser assets, and they can easily reuse those and make some more when necessary.

For Partners in Time, two player characters have no assets and need to be made from scratch. Additionally, they need to create brand new sprites of Mario and Luigi carrying the babies as well.

And that's on top of the new characters specific to Partners in Time that requires.

Baby Luigi said:
I'm very sour over how they skipped Partners in Time.

Like, very sour.
At least you won't have to fear to have one of the PIT characters being replaced by Dr. Toadley

everything about this except the bowser jr mode is dumb

The Giant Battle system seems to be changeable like Dream Team's.

I wonder that if we get a new game, that it will have playable Minions as a separate mode now. But, this mode must be improved. I just hope that the 2019 date is the result of this. Otherwise why not this year. Even making Bowser's battle ring won't be too much of a trouble.

Yoshi the SSM said:
The Giant Battle system seems to be changeable like Dream Team's.

I wonder that if we get a new game, that it will have playable Minions as a separate mode now. But, this mode must be improved. I just hope that the 2019 date is the result of this. Otherwise why not this year. Even making Bowser's battle ring won't be too much of a trouble.
Did we see much of it outside of the cutscene intro?

H O W A B O U T B R I N G I N G T H E O R I G I N A L S U P E R S T A R S A G A T O T H E N I N T E N D O E - S H O P I N S T E A D ?

Weasel said:
guys you are all missing out on what's actually important :bowjr:

Look I love Bowser jr as much as the next guy but this is just so unnecessary as a remake.

I realize the game will be 10 years old when the remake comes out but it's not like it's some kind of 90s game where everything looks and feels clunky and is in dire need of an update.

Well a brand new game would be a waste on the 3DS. They're getting remakes out on it because the system is in its final days. I bet they'll pull a brand new game on the Switch.

I Got No iPhone said:
Well a brand new game would be a waste on the 3DS. They're getting remakes out on it because the system is in its final days. I bet they'll pull a brand new game on the Switch.
Then why not stop making pointless remakes and actually do that?

This isn't a big studio here, they don't exactly have the numbers to work on several projects at once.

The Entire Galactic Empire said:
H O W A B O U T B R I N G I N G T H E O R I G I N A L S U P E R S T A R S A G A T O T H E N I N T E N D O E - S H O P I N S T E A D ?
But it's already on the Wii U e-shop. :P

I Got No iPhone said:
because the system is in its final days
this is pissing me off

however i do think nintendo could make this up to me by giving me a nintendo switch for free

or release their games on the PC

ThatGuy62 said:
The Entire Galactic Empire said:
But it's already on the Wii U e-shop. :P
FUCK THE WII U, I WANT IT ON THE 3DS

Mcmadness said:
I Got No iPhone said:
Then why not stop making pointless remakes and actually do that?

This isn't a big studio here, they don't exactly have the numbers to work on several projects at once.
The only explanation I can see is getting money to fund a full HD game or something.
It's not even like Superstar Saga, which I'll argue. You can still play the original Inside Story on the 3DS.

I hope this is just a stopgap for a proper title on Switch, because if not, then oh boy......

Not getting my hopes up though. After dream team's boringness and Paper Jam's unoriginal, albeit fun execution I have little hopr for this series.

Back