Author Topic: Mario Tennis Aces  (Read 41959 times)

Isabelle

• Best girl. And dog. And definitely NOT deserving of the mostly *bleep* fanart she gets.
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • The adorable, fluffy, 100% hug material Isabelle.
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Tennis Aces
« Reply #1040 on: January 15, 2019, 11:09:17 AM »
I saw Link. I was thinking of buying the game.

Well that didn't last, didn't it.

Mario Party X

• Party Cannon scheduled to make the soundtrack for the next game.
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #1041 on: January 15, 2019, 01:14:05 PM »

Miki Hoshii

• Sleeping Skill Level: Maxed
  • Celestial Guide
  • Crackin355
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: January 15, 2019, 06:56:08 PM »
I'm not terribly surprised Yoshi is at the top, I felt like after the changes they made to trick shots that Yoshi's speed went from unnecessary to incredibly useful.

Not that I can find anyone that plays online in Australia these days. Those co-op challenges might as well not exist at all for me and even though the rewards for them are cosmetic, having them be locked out from me because of things out of my control left me a little bitter so I've pretty much stopped playing this completely.

infinite8

• Some Mario fan.
  • Dry Bowser
  • FINALLY!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: January 16, 2019, 04:48:06 AM »
Lucky that I got all the Yoshi colors from co-op challenge just one day before it ended.
EVERYONE IS HERE!
Twitter - Tumblr

winstein

• Shine Sprite
  • Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: January 16, 2019, 10:59:02 AM »
Earning points is surprisingly not as tedious as before the Online subscription requirement, so I am halfway in unlocking Luigi's costumes. Still wish they provide a way to unlock the character costumes because I missed out on 3 or 4 months worth of challenges, as I wasn't patient enough to wait for the Co-op games (even the Yoshi ones). If only I have some people to co-op with.

Thank you for reading.
(Credit goes to Alex95 for this signature)

King Dedede

• His Royal Nemesis
  • Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
  • Dedede, that's the name you should know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: January 16, 2019, 12:36:36 PM »
I got Plumber Mario back in June, the Yoshi colors last-minute, and Plumber Luigi a couple days ago.  I did not get the Boo visors, unfortunately, as I had neither the game nor a subscription back then.

NanoPhoenix

• The Loon
  • King Bowser
  • NanoRim
  • "Unfortunately, Yoshi can't read."
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1046 on: January 16, 2019, 06:30:49 PM »

What do you think of it?

Somewhat disappointed, but there's always room for a turn around.

winstein

• Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: January 16, 2019, 10:26:21 PM »
I got Plumber Mario back in June, the Yoshi colors last-minute, and Plumber Luigi a couple days ago.  I did not get the Boo visors, unfortunately, as I had neither the game nor a subscription back then.

Did you play co-op with family or with other people online? I have a feeling that it's possible to earn points on a friendly session, which would mean that having a person to play with is a huge advantage itself.

Thank you for reading.

King Dedede

• His Royal Nemesis
  • Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: January 16, 2019, 10:41:25 PM »

Did you play co-op with family or with other people online? I have a feeling that it's possible to earn points on a friendly session, which would mean that having a person to play with is a huge advantage itself.

Thank you for reading.
I've got five siblings, so it's pretty easy to find people to play with in my house.  I got half of the required points with my brother and one of my sisters, so I only had to find one other person online.  The other half I did by myself, so I had to find three other people online.  But I frequently logged in to the room, and I didn't have many problems finding players (other than the fact that this one guy was usually in the online room but would always instantly leave when I entered for some reason).

winstein

• Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: Today at 01:00:17 AM »
I have finished Star Cup in this game finally, and it was as difficult as it is. I used Koopa Paratroopa intending for this tournament to be a warm up, but it proves to be tougher than I thought. I don't remember the first opponent I faced, but the second was Bowser Jr., which gave me trouble so I suspect his AI is much better than average. The final match is against Spike which I suspect had the highest difficulty AI, and he proved to be too much that I just quit. Luckily you can continue where you left off, and Mario was my opponent that time (which is better because being defeated by Mario beats being defeated by Spike). The match went much better for me so I can't complain about the opponent change.

In terms of online, I still never won a tournament in both Standard and Simple, so I feel like I am the worst Mario Tennis player in the forums. Because winning earlier matches increases rating, the Finals will usually be very tough because I will inevitably be matched up against tougher opponents. My current rating is in the C (2200 - 2349) range for Standard, and C- (2100 - 2199) for Simple, so sadly I probably will never win a tournament.

Thank you for reading.

King Dedede

• His Royal Nemesis
  • Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: Today at 01:11:49 AM »
I have finished Star Cup in this game finally, and it was as difficult as it is. I used Koopa Paratroopa intending for this tournament to be a warm up, but it proves to be tougher than I thought. I don't remember the first opponent I faced, but the second was Bowser Jr., which gave me trouble so I suspect his AI is much better than average. The final match is against Spike which I suspect had the highest difficulty AI, and he proved to be too much that I just quit. Luckily you can continue where you left off, and Mario was my opponent that time (which is better because being defeated by Mario beats being defeated by Spike). The match went much better for me so I can't complain about the opponent change.

In terms of online, I still never won a tournament in both Standard and Simple, so I feel like I am the worst Mario Tennis player in the forums. Because winning earlier matches increases rating, the Finals will usually be very tough because I will inevitably be matched up against tougher opponents. My current rating is in the C (2200 - 2349) range for Standard, and C- (2100 - 2199) for Simple, so sadly I probably will never win a tournament.

Thank you for reading.
Star Cup was tough for me too.  Man, I had to fight Bowser in the semis!  He was one of the hardest opponents I've ever faced offline.

I won an online tournament after many tries, it's doable if not frustrating.  If it helps, I never broke past C- and quickly dropped back to D+.

Mario Party X

• Party Cannon scheduled to make the soundtrack for the next game.
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #1051 on: Today at 02:08:49 PM »
For those who has also played Mario Power Tennis and Mario Tennis Open, how would you compare the difficulty?