The Incredibles 2

Teedgee

wheres the bathroom
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
Toadgamer
14 years after the first one! The movie was announced in early January and will get released in Summer!

The first Incredibles is amazing and I really want to see this one.

hope marvel does a good job on this
tho it'll be hard to top infinity war

Rintarou Okabe said:
Shadowshy said:
hope marvel does a good job on this
tho it'll be hard to top infinity war

yeah i hope there will be more of kylo ren in this one

do you think gandalf will make his big screen return? michael caine was great

For some reason, I want Syndrome to come back because he was a cool villain.

Reminder that I need to see the first Incredibles before this one comes out because the last time I saw it was an incredibly (pun not intended) long time ago and I'm not even sure I saw the whole thing.

I like this movie! ;D

Toadgamer said:
14 years after the first one! The movie Live22 was announced in early January and will get released in Summer!

[youtube]https://youtu.be/YBpdL9hSac4[youtube]

I really love the first movie, and I was super excited for the sequel after 14 years! I know I’m in the minority when I say this but after watching the trailer...I’m a bit skeptical.

I know I shouldn’t judge based on the trailer, but from what I’m looking at, it seems that Elastagirl will be doing most of the hero work. Okay that seems like an interesting spin, but from what I’m seeing in the trailer, it looks like most of the movie is just Mr. Incredible babysitting his kids with Frozone assisting him, and we’d only get a few minutes of Elastigirl doing some action as if it doesn’t mean much.

Again I know I shouldn’t judge based on the trailer, I don’t jump to conclusions with movies, but after the huge letdown that was Tomorrowland, I’m worried about Brad Bird’s upcoming projects. I hope Incredibles 2 is a lot better than the trailer makes it out to be. After 14 years of waiting for a sequel, I certainly hope this isn’t the Duke Nukem Forever of Pixar sequels.

Nabber said:
i mean a big part of the incredibles 1 was elastagirl babysitting the kids
But they were able to balance the movie between Mr. Incredible and Elastagirl, and they both have an equal amount of screentime. Incredibles 2 Just seems like Elastagirl taking care of some errands and the real focus is Mr. Incredible babysitting.

I just rewatched some business-related scenes from the first Incredibles and boy I hope we get that stuff again in the sequel.

That scene just works well on so many levels. I love how they took a comical character, gave him a comical voice actor, and made him absolutely menacing in this scene alone. It's brilliant writing, and really showcases the obstructive bureaucrat trope well

What I remembered was that I didn't understand what's going on at all, but now that I'm older, I understand so much better. The scene itself was great; I think the Rex guy delivered so well on his voice that it made it in of itself funny, but the moment you rewatch the scene after learning about scummy insurance companies, it makes the scene even funnier. I love how everything clicks after a few years.

And this scene doens't work as well if it weren't animated because of the juxtaposition of the two characters and the cartoony voice. I think the medium works perfectly for this.

I do hope we get mature dialogue like that in the next film. It shows how animation can work so well for adults to enjoy without resorting to shock or pg-13+ humor.

If younger people on the forum don't understand what's going on, I can try to explain.

Boy there's so much trailers for the movie! Can't post all of them! If you wanna see them, just type Incredibles 2 trailer in YouTube and you find an avalanche of them.

So the movie came out yesterday and I just came back from the cinema after watching it. Man it was good! Just hope Incredibles 3 comes out soon! And that it's good!

Back