images.

I am trying to convert png to jpg (the super Mario land images I am uploading they are jpg) and I don't know how. because everytime I try to upload a image, it says this: File extension ".png" does not match the detected MIME type of the file (image/jpeg).

And I don't get it. I need help if I need to make super Mario land articles.

Alex95 said:
1. Converting an image from one file to another, don't do that. It's against policy, anyway.

2. If the file extension is different, the image needs to be uploaded separately.
I still don't understand. :koopa:

You can't upload a .jpg image with a .png extension or .png type image. You just can't. If you want to convert a .png to .jpg for wiki, you have to do it through an image editing program via loading the image up, then exporting that as a .jpg and uploading that .jpg.

And I would strongly be against converting ANY .png to .jpg. JPG is a lossy, compressed format that doesn't support transparency information and creates artifacts in the image, which are most prominently seen in thumbnails of the image.

Baby Luigi said:
You can't upload a .jpg image with a .png extension or .png type image. You just can't. If you want to convert a .png to .jpg for wiki, you have to do it through an image editing program via loading the image up, then exporting that as a .jpg and uploading that .jpg.

And I would strongly be against converting ANY .png to .jpg. JPG is a lossy, compressed format that doesn't support transparency information and creates artifacts in the image, which are most prominently seen in thumbnails of the image.
ok, I got it, thanks!

Back