GIF glitch in browser

Paper Mario

SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
Pronouns
She/They
MarioWiki
Fawfulthegreat64
I've often noticed random flickering frames when browsing, it's seemed random and I hadn't figured out where it came from but I at least think I figured out how to replicate it.

Basically, if there's an animated GIF underneath a resized image, and I click on the resized image to see it at full size while the GIF is offscreen, scrolling down will reveal whatever frame the GIF was on when I resized the above image, in its original position before it was shoved down, flickering rapidly.

For an example of what I'm referring to, I'll replicate the setup that I discovered it with- this Odyssey Bowser render. If I were to click it to view at full-size under the above conditions, the current frame of the GIF in my signature would overlap the Bowser image and flicker rapidly. I've noticed this with other people's GIF signatures as well, and on other websites (like DeviantArt which allows you to click some deviations for a larger view, when there's GIF avatars such as my own in the comment section)
Spoilered below is what this error looks like (it flickers so if you're prone to seizures don't click it) followed by the Bowser image at the end of the post, to show where it is in relation to my signature to result in such a glitch. If someone has any idea how to correct this, I'd appreciate it :) I'm using Google Chrome.

9QOsvMg.gif

may_i_have_this_dance__by_fawfulthegreat64-dc3itix.png

i've been seeing this recently on chrome so I can confirm this isnt a unique problem
dont know how to solve it tho :/

Back