A Hat in Time

Occasionally Returns

Fluffy boi(or possibly gurl?)
I was wondering if anyone else here has played "A Hat in Time." For those of you who don't know, it is a cute-as-heck 3D platformer. The graphics style is between that of "Super Mario Sunshine" and "The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker," giving the game some Gamecube vibes. Those two games also sum up the gameplay for the most part. "A Hat in Time" is like Mario but not Nintendo. I would also like to mention that there is one act where it basically goes from a platformer to a stealth-based horror game like Outlast. It's available on Steam for 23.99(20% discount for Lunar New Year) Seeing how I don't think anyone else on this board has made a thread about the game, I thought I might. If you wanna know how I found out about the game, I saw an Overwatch montage with this soundtrack in it:

This thread should be in the Video Games board methinks.

To say something relevant, I think the game looks interesting and I've considered buying it, but I wish it were on the Switch or something since I doubt my non-gaming computer can handle it.

Plague Knight said:
This thread should be in the Video Games board methinks.

To say something relevant, I think the game looks interesting and I've considered buying it, but I wish it were on the Switch or something since I doubt my non-gaming computer can handle it.
Oops, sorry. Haven't been on in a while. Maybe the mods can move this to the right section? But yeah, this does seem like the kind of game that should be on the Switch.
fantanoice said:
Miles better than Yooka-Laylee
All about that Jontron cameo

Anyways, am I the only one who thinks it's a little weird to see humans explode? Like, the fictional creatures of Mario and Zelda don't disturb me that much when the explode into clouds, but seeing a human do that is just weird.

John said:
Anyways, am I the only one who thinks it's a little weird to see humans explode? Like, the fictional creatures of Mario and Zelda don't disturb me that much when the explode into clouds, but seeing a human do that is just weird.
omae wa mou shindeiru

I didn't know Jontron was still in the game but yes that is definitely a thing to criticise because he is all kinds of garbage

Shadowshy said:
John said:
omae wa mou shindeiru
But there, it's like an explosion of gore due to pressure points being hit, not like a Mario explosion.

I remember reading about this a while ago through JonTron's TV Tropes page and I was interested already. I gradually forgot about it, but I'm glad they were finally able to release it. Hopefully, a Switch port comes out so I can play it.

It's pretty how this game ended up blowing Yooka-Laylee out of the water, despite the latter being worked on by long time professionals who helped create one of the greatest platformers of all time. Guess nobody can predict the future (unless you saw this coming, in which case good for you).

Also, the hat girl is really cute.

Back