Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Spike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

GmanSir

2 Dimensional
Let's pretend Pauline will be playable in Mario Tennis Aces. Now, let's then pretend Mario Tennis Aces will have a partner system, like the early installments. Who do you think should be Pauline's partner? Rosalina because she is also a tall, strong woman? Cappy or Tiara because they are from Odyssey? A New Donker because they are both from New Donk City? Maybe Donkey Kong or Donkey Jr due to the three characters' arcade origins? Could they revive Spike? Do you have any other option? Please state who and why.

Cappy because Super Mario Odyssey

It's insulting and desperate that some want to put Rosalina on spot in this situation. Rosalina is a beautiful character that has always been shining alone, she is a cosmic protector and a mysterious an powerful female in the series that also happens to have a detailed background.

Unlike Pauline, Rosalina has always been more than a pretty face or another Peach much like Daisy also has been.

They have 0 things in common besides a very superficial comparison and on top of that they haven't even appeared and interacted together in any game at all.

Using Rosalina to boost Pauline is quite desperate and proves Pauline doesn't have what it takes to be playable , because she is not iconic enough to stand alone.

On the question, the best partner for Pauline could be Cappy if you wanna show in Odyssey by force.

Rosalina's one an only partner for ANYTHING has always been and will always be Luma.

Spike, as in Foreman Spike?

The reason I even included Rosalina as an option is because this is the same company that paired up two characters with no previous connection: Yoshi and Birdo. Hell, they weren't even on the same side, and were paired up simply because they were both dinosaurs. They also paired up Koopa and Yoshi in the next game because.....they look a bit similar?

I personally think Luna would be a perfect partner for Rosalina, but I've seen other people online pair up Rosa with Pauline, so I kept the option just in case.

I think it should be a band member from New Donk City. But, any New Donker would be good. If they do do the Band Members, then probably be best if either the player choose the instrument or they just don't have instruments. If there is a partner system and Cappy is in the game, obviously his partner wouldn't be Pauline, it would be Tiara.

A girder.

Like i said, whoever puts Pauline on the same spot as Rosalina is purely out of desperation for the former's inclusion.

Yoshi and Birdo's design compliment each other, and that doesn't happed with Pauline and Rosalina.

Rosalina is more similar to Peach and Daisy and her color scheme makes her blend Nicely with characters like Luma.

Pauline is a walking stick with RED of all colors as a primary color. She doesn't mix with Rosalina in any case.

So again ... desperation at it's purest state.

Mini Mario or another Mini- potentially a stack of them, if height's a problem. I know they don't appear in Odyssey, but I think they'd go best with Pauline, they're the main thing I associate with her after Mario and Donkey Kong. Of the options above, I think Rosalina would be paired with a Luma, Cappy with Tiara, Donkey Kong with Diddy Kong, I doubt Donkey Kong Jr. would be brought back, but if so, another Kong, if it's Spike as in green spiked ball-throwing enemy, another enemy species, like a Shy Guy, and if New Donkers were involved, but I'd think it's unlikely, I'd say either with another or a different local from Odyssey, like Tostarenans. None of them seem to work well with Pauline, so I think Minis are probably the best choice, even if it seems a little outdated.

Mini Mario is a better idea than Cappy, as much as I like Cappy.

I still think we should get a Mini Mario playable character where three of them control a kart, but I also like the idea of them stacked on top of each other to play tennis.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Like i said, whoever puts Pauline on the same spot as Rosalina is purely out of desperation for the former's inclusion.

Yoshi and Birdo's design compliment each other, and that doesn't happed with Pauline and Rosalina.

Rosalina is more similar to Peach and Daisy and her color scheme makes her blend Nicely with characters like Luma.

Pauline is a walking stick with RED of all colors as a primary color. She doesn't mix with Rosalina in any case.

Let's not forget that Rosalina was playable in Mario Kart Wii in the first place because she had a major role in Galaxy. While it is true that Pauline hasn't had much substance in the past, Odyssey has now given her a major role. It only is logical that Nintendo would include her in future spin-offs, otherwise why would they make the effort of completely revamping her character? They even went as far as to giving her two insanely popular musical numbers. It's fine if you don't think Rosalina is a good partner for Pauline, but claiming that people are desperate because they think Pauline will be a playable character is ridiculous.

EDIT: Answering the OP, I'd say Cappy because they're both from Odyssey and Pauline loves hats.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Pauline is a walking stick with RED of all colors as a primary color.

It sounds like you really don't like Pauline.

Anyway, let's remember that Daisy was nothing more than a pallet swap of Peach until the spin offs took her and fleshed her out to be very different from Peach. I don't think it really matters if a character doesn't have much going for them at first, continuing to put them in more games eventually fleshes them out over time. That said Pauline is already fleshed out thanks to Odyssey. I'm just commenting that don't hate on a character that isn't fleshed out. Give them time.

She would partner Donkey Kong. (If Diddy has Dixie, and Yoshi has Birdo). I had no idea why Yoshi partnered with Donkey Kong since Mario Tennis 64.

Cappy would be an alternative. Or Donkey Kong Jr., Foreman Spike or Stanley the Bugman.

Swiftie_Luma said:

tfw there's a rosalina version of memoryman

I don't want Pauline as Rosalina's partner either tbh.

Luma should be playable in more games, actually.

Shadowshy said:
Swiftie_Luma said:

tfw there's a rosalina version of memoryman

i'll take that as an insult. I'll add this name to the ''beef'' list, under the ''attacks me for no real reason'' category.

Kaede Akamatsu said:
Swiftie_Luma said:

Let's not forget that Rosalina was playable in Mario Kart Wii in the first place because she had a major role in Galaxy. While it is true that Pauline hasn't had much substance in the past, Odyssey has now given her a major role. It only is logical that Nintendo would include her in future spin-offs, otherwise why would they make the effort of completely revamping her character? They even went as far as to giving her two insanely popular musical numbers. It's fine if you don't think Rosalina is a good partner for Pauline, but claiming that people are desperate because they think Pauline will be a playable character is ridiculous.

EDIT: Answering the OP, I'd say Cappy because they're both from Odyssey and Pauline loves hats.

Considering that the character has existed since long ago but it is now that has been just revived from death and before NOBODY WAS CHECKING FOR PAULINE, yes it is desperation and it's sad.

Ya'll now wanna jump in a bandwagon because of Odyssey, which let's not forget only gives Pauline songs to sing, her character is still as bland as Peach's.

Should Odyssey NEVER happen to include Pauline then this wouldn't even be a discussion to begin with, further proving the fact that it's just desperation because ''muh main game is popular''

Rosalina , unlike Pauline, was popular since debut. And not just because Galaxy was also very popular, but because Rosalina herself ALONE also was and still is.

And ya'll still have no argument for the fact that they have nothing in common besides a very superficial characteristic which is being female and appealing.

the desperation part is also more aimed at the fact that some people want to mix Rosalina out of all people with this character that has NOTHING to do with her.

Nothing , zero , nada.

There's simply no excuse.

Besides , the whole argument was not if i or anybody would want or expect Pauline in here, because if she is in i simply wouldn't even care because to me she is the same as a Noki ... it's like it's not even there.

the whole point im exposing goes towards some of you wanting to mix Rosalina in the pot , which is the root of desperation in other to give 1 more silly excuse to Pauline to be playable.

I'm not gonna trash Pauline's songs either because they are great, but by her appearence and color choice she DOESNT EVEN BLEND WITH Rosalina , and that's another fact.

To the people that want to mix Rosalina in this:

Your excuses don't make up enough for Pauline. If you wanna have her in the game, cool , but pretending a vastly superior character can be on the level of her and stood loweeeeeer is just delusion.

/end

To be fair, that's exactly how they paired Peach and Daisy. They both happen to be female, pretty, princesses of their respective kingdoms (and get kidnapped in). They had nothing to do with each other prior to their pairing in Mario Tennis 64. In addition, Daisy had no history compared to Peach, her sole appearance being only in Super Mario Land while Peach is..well Peach.

If they did mix Pauline and Rosalina together, I wouldn't exactly like it either because Rosalina is better off with a Luma as a partner, but they're pretty much in the same scenario as Peach and Daisy. In fact, they do have some things in common: they're both female NPCs who had some prominent roles in the games they were featured in and they don't get kidnapped. That's around the same level of relatedness as Peach had with Daisy. It's like asking why Peach is paired with Daisy rather than being paired with Toad.

You need to chill. This is just a hypothetical situation. You don't need to complain about it until it actually happens, and I'm betting it won't. But if it does happen, I don't think it's as a huge deal as you're making out to be. Additionally, this is all opinions in the end. Some people really like Pauline and I don't like you calling Rosalina a "superior" character to her because that's simply just your opinion.

But like it happened with Yoshi and Birdo , Peach and Daisy's designs actually compliment each other and they developed their relatioship further on that.

Let's not forget Peach and Daisy weren't realy paired together in Tennis until the GCN, Daisy's partner was Birdo in 64.

Also yeah, i went a bit overboard, i will try to take it easy.

However i still would say is a huge stretch to compare a character that was DROPPED to one that was born popular, relevant and developed.

That's all i gotta say on the matter.

Back