5 (16.7%)
Donkey Kong Jr.
1 (3.3%)
Spike
0 (0%)
Other
2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Who would Pauline's tennis partner be?  (Read 1703 times)

GmanSir

• Spiny
  • 2 Dimensional
    • View Profile
Who would Pauline's tennis partner be?
« on: February 13, 2018, 12:17:39 AM »
Let's pretend Pauline will be playable in Mario Tennis Aces. Now, let's then pretend Mario Tennis Aces will have a partner system, like the early installments. Who do you think should be Pauline's partner? Rosalina because she is also a tall, strong woman? Cappy or Tiara because they are from Odyssey? A New Donker because they are both from New Donk City? Maybe Donkey Kong or Donkey Jr due to the three characters' arcade origins? Could they revive Spike? Do you have any other option? Please state who and why.

Russian Baby Luigi

• Nick, you need to find a woman who hates herself, she'll love you.
  • Awards Committee
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 Патриотическая
    • View Profile
Re: Who would Pauline's tennis partner be?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 01:07:00 AM »
Cappy because Super Mario Odyssey
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

SiFi

• DOOM
  • Power Star
  • There's gonna be Hell to pay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 02:40:01 AM »
Lady, AKA Louise

Credit to Edofenrir for the middle image below.

Honoka's #6 Fan

• Happy Halloween! (I guess)
  • King Bowser
  • Toadgamer
  • Wait wtf is a honoka?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 06:23:27 AM »
Maybe Rosalina because they are both tall women.

Swiftie_Luma

• King of your Heart.
  • King Bowser
  • I've got new rules, I count 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 07:12:34 AM »
It's insulting and desperate that some want to put Rosalina on spot in this situation. Rosalina is a beautiful character that has always been shining alone, she is a cosmic protector and a mysterious an powerful female in the series that also happens to have a detailed background.

Unlike Pauline, Rosalina has always been more than a pretty face or another Peach much like Daisy also has been.

They have 0 things in common besides a very superficial comparison and on top of that they haven't even appeared and interacted together in any game at all.

Using Rosalina to boost Pauline is quite desperate and proves Pauline doesn't have what it takes to be playable , because she is not iconic enough to stand alone.

On the question, the best partner for Pauline could be Cappy if you wanna show in Odyssey by force.

Rosalina's one an only partner for ANYTHING has always been and will always be Luma.

Crow T. Robot

• Bob-omb
  • Sgt Jack V
  • Hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 08:46:36 AM »
Spike, as in Foreman Spike?
"Hey, wait a minute! You're not Joel!"
"Thaaaat's riiiight!"

GmanSir

• Spiny
  • 2 Dimensional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 09:27:52 AM »
The reason I even included Rosalina as an option is because this is the same company that paired up two characters with no previous connection: Yoshi and Birdo. Hell, they weren't even on the same side, and were paired up simply because they were both dinosaurs. They also paired up Koopa and Yoshi in the next game because.....they look a bit similar?

I personally think Luna would be a perfect partner for Rosalina, but I've seen other people online pair up Rosa with Pauline, so I kept the option just in case.

Yoshi the SSM

• (Space Station Manager)
  • King Bowser
  • I'm Yoshi the Space Station Manager from the wiki.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 09:57:22 AM »
I think it should be a band member from New Donk City. But, any New Donker would be good. If they do do the Band Members, then probably be best if either the player choose the instrument or they just don't have instruments. If there is a partner system and Cappy is in the game, obviously his partner wouldn't be Pauline, it would be Tiara.
I don't have time to give you a ride, I am managing a space station. And ask me something here:www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=38633.msg1934343#msg1934343

Mcmadness

• Power Star
  • The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 10:30:06 AM »
A girder.
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig. This sig loves you.

Swiftie_Luma

• King of your Heart.
  • King Bowser
  • I've got new rules, I count 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 10:52:33 AM »
Like i said, whoever puts Pauline on the same spot as Rosalina is purely out of desperation for the former's inclusion.

Yoshi and Birdo's design compliment each other, and that doesn't happed with Pauline and Rosalina.

Rosalina is more similar to Peach and Daisy and her color scheme makes her blend Nicely with characters like Luma.

Pauline is a walking stick with RED of all colors as a primary color. She doesn't mix with Rosalina in any case.

So again ... desperation at it's purest state.

BBQ Turtle

• Princess L of the Shy Guys
  • Wiki Patroller
  • Boo
  • Crazy sponsors lady.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 12:56:11 PM »
Mini Mario or another Mini- potentially a stack of them, if height's a problem. I know they don't appear in Odyssey, but I think they'd go best with Pauline, they're the main thing I associate with her after Mario and Donkey Kong. Of the options above, I think Rosalina would be paired with a Luma, Cappy with Tiara, Donkey Kong with Diddy Kong, I doubt Donkey Kong Jr. would be brought back, but if so, another Kong, if it's Spike as in green spiked ball-throwing enemy, another enemy species, like a Shy Guy, and if New Donkers were involved, but I'd think it's unlikely, I'd say either with another or a different local from Odyssey, like Tostarenans. None of them seem to work well with Pauline, so I think Minis are probably the best choice, even if it seems a little outdated.

Alex95

• NIWA Nut
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Power Master Games
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2018, 01:24:45 PM »
Mini Mario or another Mini- potentially a stack of them, if height's a problem.

Seeing a Mini or a tower of Minis play tennis would be pretty funny, actually ;D

Princess Mario

• 🌸Mushroom Kingdom's most beautiful plumber.🌸 Avatar by moondragon2003
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2018, 01:49:45 PM »
Mini Mario is a better idea than Cappy, as much as I like Cappy.

I still think we should get a Mini Mario playable character where three of them control a kart, but I also like the idea of them stacked on top of each other to play tennis.
"Mario begins his ascension to the celestial realm, Luigi spontaneously becomes a twitching pile of boneless flesh and Daisy is nonchalantly like 'this is fine'." -NanoRim

Magikrazy

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2018, 09:19:00 PM »
Band member, but you get to pick which one

Meta Knight

• Scourge of Darkness
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • Victory is my destiny
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2018, 09:31:01 PM »
Like i said, whoever puts Pauline on the same spot as Rosalina is purely out of desperation for the former's inclusion.

Yoshi and Birdo's design compliment each other, and that doesn't happed with Pauline and Rosalina.

Rosalina is more similar to Peach and Daisy and her color scheme makes her blend Nicely with characters like Luma.

Pauline is a walking stick with RED of all colors as a primary color. She doesn't mix with Rosalina in any case.

Let's not forget that Rosalina was playable in Mario Kart Wii in the first place because she had a major role in Galaxy. While it is true that Pauline hasn't had much substance in the past, Odyssey has now given her a major role. It only is logical that Nintendo would include her in future spin-offs, otherwise why would they make the effort of completely revamping her character? They even went as far as to giving her two insanely popular musical numbers. It's fine if you don't think Rosalina is a good partner for Pauline, but claiming that people are desperate because they think Pauline will be a playable character is ridiculous.

EDIT: Answering the OP, I'd say Cappy because they're both from Odyssey and Pauline loves hats.

Koopaul

• Cheep-Cheep
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 09:44:04 PM »
Pauline is a walking stick with RED of all colors as a primary color.

It sounds like you really don't like Pauline.

Anyway, let's remember that Daisy was nothing more than a pallet swap of Peach until the spin offs took her and fleshed her out to be very different from Peach. I don't think it really matters if a character doesn't have much going for them at first, continuing to put them in more games eventually fleshes them out over time. That said Pauline is already fleshed out thanks to Odyssey. I'm just commenting that don't hate on a character that isn't fleshed out. Give them time.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 09:48:15 PM by Koopaul »

Spooky Octo-nite8

• Slasher and Splatter
  • Dry Bowser
  • infinite8
  • Look at me! I'm Voorhees!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 11:32:04 PM »
She would partner Donkey Kong. (If Diddy has Dixie, and Yoshi has Birdo). I had no idea why Yoshi partnered with Donkey Kong since Mario Tennis 64.

Cappy would be an alternative. Or Donkey Kong Jr., Foreman Spike or Stanley the Bugman.
Oh, it's OCTO-ber. Can we have more Octoling hairstyles please?

Shygul

• Donkey Kong
  • Shadowshy
    • View Profile
    • my new website plz check it out and share on facebook
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2018, 12:49:09 AM »

tfw there's a rosalina version of  memoryman

Russian Baby Luigi

• Nick, you need to find a woman who hates herself, she'll love you.
  • Awards Committee
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 Патриотическая
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2018, 12:52:51 AM »
I don't want Pauline as Rosalina's partner either tbh.

Luma should be playable in more games, actually.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.